Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How far is Scotland fro Dublin?

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

An hour away on a plane. But driving, prob 7 hrs.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was going to re-read the highlander series, but just not in the mood I guess.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's been a while since I read the Highlander books.

April
Old 01-18-2018, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too. I decided to try again, and I'm getting more into it now.

I think Karen's comments on FB helped. She compared Barrons/Ryo to Drustan/Dageus.

Here are some of her comments.

Some of these are about Ryodan, as some people were discussing whether they liked him and the way he treated Dani in Iced.

Quote:
Karen Moning: If you study him closely, you'll see that he cares enormously. Those he loves, he loves intensely and unconditionally. Family is everything to him. It's why he's followed his half-brother, Barrons all over the globe, keeping The Nine together while Barrons hunted the solution to his quest. Even though Ryodan was hard on Mac, he was ultimately trying to help her see Barrons clearly, to get her to 'flip' on the right side. He did it despite knowing, once Barrons and Mac bonded, he'd lose his brother in a way he'd never lost him before. To a mate. You have to ponder Ryodan to unravel his motivations. Those that care most deeply often conceal it most completely. I've long considered Barrons rather like Dageus and Ryodan rather like Drustan, if that makes sense. Ryodan is consistently trying to help people see what they need to see the most. Only one person has ever screwed with that man's head. His methods aren't the gentlest but his aim is true. (You learn a lot more about him in HIGH VOLTAGE. This goes back to me being privy to all the motivation all the way through. Dratted progressive story arcs! One of these days, I swear I'm doing a stand alone novel with a complete beginning, middle and end so there's absolutely no room for confusion )
Quote:
Karen Moning SPOILERS UP TO FEVERSONG IN THIS comment by me: One of the immensely difficult things about writing a progressive series is that the author and publisher know where the story is going, and are privy to each character's motivation, so we see the installments in a very different light. We knew who Dani was going to give her virginity to back in 2010, why, how, what happened, we knew it was never going to be Ryodan. I think some readers were concerned it was going to be Ryodan after reading ICED which would have been wrong on so many levels. It's very difficult for me to fathom how fans will perceive a installment of the progressive arc because I know the whole story, so I can never feel a book the way you read it. I said once that I didn't think readers would fully understand the first five books (or Mac and Barrons's relationship) until the fifth one, Shadowfever was out. I think the same is true of Dani's story arc. HIGH VOLTAGE tells the whole story, gives you the missing pieces.
Quote:
Karen Moning OMG Megan you totally got that! Yes, Dani wanted his attention and provoked him endlessly. (that may never change in their relationship LOL) He was her perfect arch-nemesis and Ryodan knew he was serving that role for her. Did he want that role? No. Did it keep her fighting him rather than out on the streets fighting worse dangers? Yes. Would she ever have moved into Chester's and let him kindly take care of her? Not only no, but she wouldn't have respected him if he'd been nice. She couldn't accept nice back then because she'd never had it. Dani was a hot mess at 14. She didn't understand the world or herself at all. A fabulously fun, zany, exhilarating to write hot mess, but out of control on all fronts. Still...you'll find there were reasons the great Ryodan might have been a bit out of control himself...and that's the last teaser for the day
Quote:
That finger scene was hard for me to write! But in a dangerous world a man who's weak in public gets targeted and that club is crammed with predators. She sees something in HV that kind of puts it in perspective.

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 01-18-2018 at 07:15 AM
Old 01-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Only took me a few hours to read the first Highlander book. Mostly because I skimmed a lot of unnecessary stuff.

I still don't know how I feel about Dani and Ryodan.

April
Old 01-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe HV will convince you. Apparently we're gonna find some of Ryo's backstory

I finished the first one too last night.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Finally got around to reading the first book in the Fever series and I really liked it. Hopefully I'll get my hands on the 2nd and 3rd book sometime next week.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great!! Each book gets better and better.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Finally got around to reading the first book in the Fever series and I really liked it. Hopefully I'll get my hands on the 2nd and 3rd book sometime next week.
That's great!

April
Old 01-20-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Looks like I'll be getting books 2,3, and 4 on Monday. Can't wait!
Old 01-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

And once you finish 4, you'e gonna need 5 ASAP
Old 01-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No! Don't tell me that. It might be a while before I get my hands on 5.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well... you'll see maybe by the time you finish 4, you'll be able to get #5.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I second that. You will want to read 5 as soon as you finish 4.

April
Reply   Post New Thread