Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it was one possibility of a future, doesn't mean it would ever come true, and that had always been there. Pretty crazy.

The Alina thing, yeah it was best that she died again, because it was odd if she was left alive, like everything Mac went through was for nothing, But now they have better closure than they had the first time around, so maybe that was the point after all.

Oh, yes Lor, I believe he found out that Mac killed, as the book, Jo, and because he kinda loved her, so he tried to kill Mac, and so Barrons killed him, well obviously he'll be back, but we may never know what happened with that. Did they make up? I assume Lor will forgive her after some time to really get through his grief and understand that it wasn't Mac.

In terms of Dani/Ryodan/Dancer. She wasn't ready for Ryo. And he didn't want to taint her by being with him first. He knew she had to experience many things before she would be ready for him, and vice versa. I think this was best; but loved their kiss loved all their scenes. So she had to be with Dancer even if it was for a short time, but think it was right at the time and needed.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And it's believe now that Barrons had planned on doing it in book 2 when Mac was dying. He said something about this isn't what he wanted for her.
ooooh he didnt want to TURN her into one of them you mean?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
ooooh he didnt want to TURN her into one of them you mean?
Yep he didn't want to turn her but he wasn't willingly to let her die.

Back to the mural. I wonder has it always been there? What was the building before Barrons bought it?

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good question, he's had it for a while, so it could have been anything before that.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what Barrons thought when Mac first walked in the bookstore.

April
Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a good question. Do we know how long he has known about the murial
Old 08-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think so. But I'm assuming probably as long as it's been there.

Although I wonder if the mural ever change.

April
Old 08-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

It may, just like the bookstore changes.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sadly I think this may be one of the things we will never find out about.

April
Old 08-23-2017, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. She doesn't like to reveal every detail. Thats for sure.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Little bit of info, though you may have seen it posted on the maniacs group.

Quote:
There are a few comments (two to be exact) KMM left here or on Goodreads that I feel are important but hidden. So, I am going to announce what I found here. If any of ya’ll received or read a comment you find important but I didn’t add, comment it below.
1st: this isn’t hidden, yet I have found people still asking this question. High Voltage comes out March 6th 2018.
2nd: High Voltage is NOT the last book set in the Fever world
Proof-KMM’s words: "High Voltage opens about two years after the ending of Feversong which wrapped up Mac & Barrons's story arc. HV features Dani and Ryodan. Expect a different kind of adventure. I've got another novel set in the Fever World coming after that, which I'll talk about when HV comes out" (Goodreads).
3rd: Yet High Voltage is NOT part of the Fever Series in KMM’s eyes. The only reason it’s called Fever 10 is so it is easier for us to find. So Feversong was the end of the Fever Series. Although HV is set in the Fever world, expect something different.
Proof: A reader was very confused because she thought the Fever Series ended and she wants to know why there is another book in the series- KMM’s reply:
"I can answer this one. I've made it very clear the second story arc ended and an entirely new one has begun, years later, in a different climate with new challenges, focusing on Dani and Ryodan. Unfortunately online sites seem to be calling it 'the next book in the series.' Even Amazon has it listed as Fever #10. I've spoken with my pub at length about this and it seems the consensus is readers want to be able to find the books at online sites, easily and in order, chronologically, whether they're continuations or not. I've lobbied for a clean split between each arc, similar to how SJM features TOD as a spinoff. Or PB features Iron Gold as a spin off. Bottom line, 'I'm' not presenting it as a direct continuation. High Voltage is very much a different story but I can't control how others present it. If you want the latest facts, unvarnished, my website and social media are the best places to find it. I'll elaborate further on what to expect as the release gets closer but keep the faith--it's different. I'm excited to be writing Dani's story. I know it must be frustrating for you guys. It's frustrating for me, too" (Goodreads).
And this is Karen's reply.

Quote:
Guys, the question I answered (answer posted above) at GR was this: "I don't understand why she is continuing it as part of the same "Fever" series when that clearly failed for her last time. Why can't she just separate the two? Continuing it as the same story line when its not will just cause the characters to fall flat again like before. She already admitted it's going to start years later and the world will be very different by then. Honestly don't have high hopes for this right now." (Don't pick on the question, I didn't. I was just trying to give the person the accurate info.). It seems there's still confusion out there about HV and how it fits in. Bottom line is there was 1 story arc of 5 books, a 2nd story arc of 4 more. That second story arc concluded the Sinsar Dubh arc of Mac and Barrons story. The next book, High Voltage is a Dani book, set in the Fever world, starting approximately 2 years plus some months after the end of Feversong. It's not a continuation because that story arc ended. It's done. The bloody Sinsar Dubh is dead and I promise not to resurrect it. So...future Fever books, however many I decide to write, will also be set, either closely or loosely within the framework of the Fever World. It's difficult to get vendors to consider it a spin off and launch it as an independent new story arc when the series has been so successful. They want to make sure the readers can find the books in a series in order, whether it's a spinoff/new story direction or not. Ergo, everyone is calling it "Fever # 10." From my perspective, I think a reader could pick up HV and read it without ever having read any of the other Fever Books . It's the first time in 10 books I'd say that. Yes, there is another Fever World set book coming after that. I'll talk about that more in March when HV comes out.
Screenshot of HV
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...01&oe=5A54A0AF
Old 09-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont see the issue either way. Its the same universe so I understand that people are calling it Fever book 10. In my eyes, it is. I mean, whether its Dani or Mac, its still that world and those characters. She intermingled the Iced books with Fever so it all kind of blends together for me.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I dont see the issue either way. Its the same universe so I understand that people are calling it Fever book 10. In my eyes, it is. I mean, whether its Dani or Mac, its still that world and those characters. She intermingled the Iced books with Fever so it all kind of blends together for me.
That's my interpretation of it too, no matter of story arc.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree.

It's the same world. It's like the series with a new main characters every book.

April
Old 09-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. It would only be a different series if it was different characters not related, and set elsewhere.
Reply   Post New Thread