Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great idea.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that might be what I end up doing or at least getting about 3 if I can't get all of them in one. But I could see that making it take even longer. But reading them back to back is probably for the best. Especially since I'm not as excited about book 6.

That's not to say that I won't like it/love it once I read it but for now still just not that excited about Dani as the main one.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, there was lots of reservations about that change. But she does grow on you as the main character.

Just saw this post of Karen's on FB earlier. I am with Karen here.

Quote:
So...a major network I have enormous respect and admiration for wanted to option the Fever Series for a TV series....but didn't want to set it in Ireland.
It was such a difficult decision. On the one hand, you think, 'well they're a phenomenal network and they make incredible shows so maybe I'm supposed to take a leap of faith and trust their vision over mine and maybe, just maybe, the writers will decide to set it in Ireland anyway.' (Which was possible, just not probable.)
On the other hand, 14 years is a long time to spend writing a series only to watch it become something you didn't write and something you can't, in good faith, pursue on behalf of your fans. Dublin is another character in the book and the Fae are from Ireland.
It was hard walking away. The money was terrific, the network amazing and isn't any TV show better than none? I just couldn't sell myself on that last part. So, to those of you who keep asking if Fever will one day be a TV series, absolutely, if I can find the network willing to preserve the fundamentals of the series. I understand some things will get changed and honestly believe some things in the series will work better for television if they do. But setting it somewhere besides Dublin isn't one of those things.
Edited to add...I think as writers we hunger for the validation of a TV show or film. I think that hunger can be the temptation that leads us to make decisions we might ultimately regret. This was one of those defining moments. Everyone in my life was saying 'are you nuts? It's (insert network name)! They can do no wrong.' And, at the end of the day, I had to decide by myself and although my brain is still trying to debate me, my gut is 100% cheering me on
Old 06-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm too.

I can't imagine it not being in Dublin. I could maybe get over some character changes but not have it set in Ireland?

Just out of curiosity I wonder where they wanted to set it. And wonder which network it was.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, changes I could handle, but changing the setting? You might as well recover the Fae full stop, because it would change all the elementals just for that fact alone.

They probably wanted to set it in the US As for the network, hard to say. Cable? You'd think a cable network is more lenient toward faithfulness. Could be network TV, but doubt they would even be interested in something that would need censors

But its a network she admires, so.. HBO? Starz?
Old 06-29-2018, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope so. I liked Dani ok enough but just wasn't big on her. Even during her little povs in the other books. I couldn't wait to get back to Mac's pov. But hopefully she does end up growing on me.

As much as I would absolutely love a tv show of this (I don't think movies would work) I'm glad she said no because I definitely agree with her.

I would love it if Netflix and her worked together to turn it into a tv show.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I felt like that at the time. Dani isn't the only narrator, you have a couple multiple POVS. Also, you'll have Mac back.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking HBO or Starz. Starz has done a good job with Outlander.

I know a lot of people were tired of Mac or just wasn't completely fans of Mac. I love Mac. Honestly I could read every book in her POV.

April
Old 07-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Mac too. People say they don't like her much because they can't connect to her personally. You don't have to relate her to yourself. You just have to understand who she is and admire what she has been through to understand her.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad she isn't the only one.

I love Mac. She is such an amazing character. And while yeah I probably don't relate to her much I still love and admire her because she's what I would love to be.

She's so strong and brave and very determined. I also love she isn't perfect.

HBO or Starz could be good but I would much more prefer Netflix. No commercials, season released all at once (usually), and well... I have Netflix. I don't have HBO or Starz.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Besides being that girly girl and always dressing up, perfect makeup nails done, etc I related to her a lot.

I have Starz and Netflex.

April
Old 07-03-2018, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have netflix too.

Yeah, I felt she was quite relatable.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think for me is more I wish I was that strong and brave and etc. But yeah even if I did mostly relate to her those would be the parts of her I don't relate to.

But in any case I really love the Mac character.

I do hope some time soon we get some great news telling us we're getting a series. I would love that.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right now I would love to hear what's the next book planned. I don't feel like she's done with the Fever World. Not only that I feel that Mac's story still isn't finished.

April
Old 09-18-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same. Seems she is taking a break for the time being, but hopefully she announces something before the end of the year.
Reply   Post New Thread