Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fever World{Karen Marie Moning} #30: Thirty threads of Highlanders, Alpha men and their heroines, fae mythology and romance.

Darkfever
Released October 31, 2006

MacKayla Lane’s life is good. She has great friends, a decent job, and a car that breaks down only every other week or so. In other words, she’s your perfectly ordinary twenty-first-century woman. Or so she thinks…until something extraordinary happens.

When her sister is murdered, leaving a single clue to her death–a cryptic message on Mac’s cell phone–Mac journeys to Ireland in search of answers. The quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems, where good and evil wear the same treacherously seductive mask. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae….

As Mac delves deeper into the mystery of her sister’s death, her every move is shadowed by the dark, mysterious Jericho, a man with no past and only mockery for a future. As she begins to close in on the truth, the ruthless Vlane–an alpha Fae who makes sex an addiction for human women–closes in on her. And as the boundary between worlds begins to crumble, Mac’s true mission becomes clear: find the elusive Sinsar Dubh before someone else claims the all-powerful Dark Book–because whoever gets to it first holds nothing less than complete control of the very fabric of both worlds in their hands. . . .

Bloodfever
Released October 16, 2007

Mackayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a dark, deadly realm unlike any she ever imagined. In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year old book of the blackest magic imaginable that holds the key to power over both the worlds of Fae and Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae, who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman; and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries, the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them...

Faefever
Released September 16, 2008

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister's journal, she is stunned by Alina's desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister's killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac's quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V'lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds with devastating consequences.

Dreamfever
released on August 18th, 2009

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister’s murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac’s every thought—and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.
As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V’lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister’s diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac’s greatest enemy delivers a final challenge...
It’s an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth—about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons…and about the world she thought she knew

Shadowfever
Released January 18th, 2011

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.
Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals that have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.
What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief, while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh--a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King that contains the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?
From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it.

Fans

1.Andie
2.Enigma
3.chrissy1302
4.Gabriela
5.Stay to the Lights
6.Stefigus
7.missy7280
8.s e r e n i t y
9.speak slow
10.colorblind
11.Shadowhunter
12.slowly fading
13.Leyton4ever!
14.Talkative One
15.snatches of sunshine
16.TessShipper
17.Eviekins15
18.Answer_the_pepperoni
19.YoursToHold
20.SweetSymphony
21.Fading Letters
22.Honey-Girl
23.lisztomania
24.~*Nikki*~
25. sidhe-seer
26.Stacie18
27.Alessia20
28. Clockwork Angel
29. Arriana
30. Lostcandy
31. Burning Up A Sun
32. RachaelAM
33. sethamgal
34. weena
35. ~*Stellar*~
36. courtneybangelcakes
37. ACE732
38. lynaem
39. Priya
40. kfrancis08
41. Rukia
42. Nonie
43. she.is.not.you
44. Chophia4life
45. K'Vruck
46. Lempicka
47. autumn_hope
48. lisagslack14
49. timtyra
50. froggiepopple
51. dixieland_dreamer
52. Cathangel
53. falls from the skies
54. Alexa
55. crazy-shipper
56. Madalena
57. *DaretoDream*
58. beanyflicks
59. Queen of Babble
60. ~lipstick
61. baelfire24

Links:

-Mac & Jericho Appreciation thread
"Fever" Campaign thread
Fever livejournal Community
Mac & Jericho Livejournal Community
FEVER Campaign thread.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Karen has opened up a pinterest account for High Voltage.
Apparantely clues will be included closer to the release.
https://au.pinterest.com/kmmcollective/
Old 07-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome

April
Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think before High Voltage comes out, I want to do a re-read.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cover for High Voltage! May be my favourite yet

Old 07-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how it looks like glass breaking. But the face looks kind of creepy.

April
Old 07-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the whole glass breaking too. When you say creepy you mean her expression?

This is what Karen had to say..

Quote:
When my terrific team at RH meets to design a cover, they’re looking for a way to capture an ephemeral element of the story that resonates visually with readers. A cover is an invitation. It should beckon the type of reader that gravitates toward that type of story. It’s been a challenge over the past decade to quantify-thereby-design-cover-art for the type of books I write. The Fever Series has never fit neatly into any particular ‘bucket’ of genre.
As I moved from the Mac & Barrons portion of the Fever Series, into this spin-off/new direction, we encountered the same question: what IS this I’m writing? Is it UF? Romance? Sci-fi/Fantasy? Like its predecessors, High Voltage fits neatly into none of those categories. It contains some of all of the above, plus a healthy dose of humor but has a very real darkness and complexity some romance readers don't want in their quest for a satisfying happily ever after (and need I remind you my HEAs are a bit non-standard?)
We wanted to send the message “this is a fresh direction for the Fever World” (one I think new readers can dive into without having read any of my prior books) yet “this is still very much Fever” and finally, “this is grown-up Dani’s book.”
The delicacy of the shattered stained glass speaks to her tortured past. The lovely pattern speaks of her ability to always see beauty—even in the darkest, broken moments. Her eyes – pure ferocity and strength. This woman does more than endure, she savors life. Yet, for all that superhuman fire in her gaze, there’s still a measure of human vulnerability. I hope you love it as much as I do and I’m so excited for you to read it March, 2018!
I saw people complaining that her hair here isn't bright red, and this is what she had to say

Quote:
, we actually tried various versions, photoshopping her hair bright red (her eyes are green) but the lighting/shadows and blue glass over her kept dimming it to the point where you couldn't really see it. We could have eliminated the stained glass effect (as well as most of the turquoise/ brilliant color) but the cover didn't look half as moody or appealing. At the end of the day, this version was the one we all loved. We went for mood and intensity of the character more than a literal interpretation which would never have met everyone's inner expectations anyway.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not her expression. It almost looks like one of those porcelain dolls.

April
Old 07-18-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that's true, she kinda does.

I'm looking forward to what the plot will be.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too and what she's been up too in the years between.

April
Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too. I assume we'll get a synopsis at some point soon.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well it took me FOREVER but I finally finished the book! With being so busy and also not enjoying this book as much it was hard for me to finish and I only read a bit at a time.

Weirdly I am not that sad over the series ending (for mac/jericho at least) because a) we know 2 more books are coming and they might make appearances and b) i kinda said my goodbyes with book 5 way back when

So Alina really was brought back to life, which I am happy about, but also feel a bit weird about because it was such a major plot point, it was the reason that Mac came to Ireland but idk, I wish HER storyline would have gotten more focus in this book because it felt very skipped over. But in the end I was glad when she died again because I felt it stayed more true to the earlier books. And it would have been too easy to keep her alive. At least she got to say her goodbyes with Mac…

What happened with Lor and Mac? He found out, tired to kill her, then Barrons killed him? Or? I don't remember that plot exactly. And hes just going to let it go??? Thee was no closure there between those two at all.

Barrons standing up for Mac against Ryoden was SO HOT. SDFDSFSDS. The development from him in regards to Mac from book 1 is just incredible. I was glad we finally got some “cheesey” moments with them because we’ve waited so long. Sadly may love for them isn't as strong in these later books as it was in the first ones, but I'm an angst girl and loving watching the story come together.

Shazam was SO weird. Something about this whole character just felt so off to me and not Fever like. I am glad that Dani found him again but still. Strange.

In all though I felt the book seemed sorta rushed. They seemed to skim over certain plots, like Dani meeting Alina? IDK. Some of it was strange for me. I think the book could have been a tiny bit shorter and she could have written a second one to conclude it all in better detail but all in all it was pretty good.

I am so bummed about Ryoden and Dani, like SO BUMMED. I was shipping them so hard and we didn’t get to have them. Dancer and Dani were fine to me, until all the sex. Like, I realize she's older now and there has to be sex in the book but I just dont see her having sex the same way that Mac and Jericho do… I was hoping with D/D it would be… sweeter? IDK, just because thats the character I see Dancer as. IDK, just annoyed me a bit. I wasnt really that sad over his death either… I really wanted her and Ryoden to just do it in the books! And then in the end, they didnt even talk to one another? WHAT? UGH I AM SO MAD.

HOWEVER, finding out that the next on is going to focused on her makes me very happy and I have a feeling Ill finally get R/D.

I’m slightly confused with the ending though. What is the mural that Mac saw? It was her and Jericho's faces? HUH??

And when he said "thats not what i would have chosen for you" she confirmed that Jericho meant he had plans to turn her into whatever he was? Why didn't he just do it before she died? Or is there are a process for that that I missed? lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I’m slightly confused with the ending though. What is the mural that Mac saw? It was her and Jericho's faces? HUH??
I believe in SF at the end there was a conversation between the UK, Mac, and Cruce about how things evolved and non human people can evolve into others. Something about that Barrons could turn into the UK instead of Cruce, etc. The mural was saying that Barrons turning into the UK and Mac staying queen is one possibility of the future.
Quote:
And when he said "thats not what i would have chosen for you" she confirmed that Jericho meant he had plans to turn her into whatever he was? Why didn't he just do it before she died? Or is there are a process for that that I missed? lol.
A process was never spelled out but it's believe you have to be dying. The Keltar twin (I'm blanking on his name) was pretty much dying. And it's believe now that Barrons had planned on doing it in book 2 when Mac was dying. He said something about this isn't what he wanted for her.

April
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it was one possibility of a future, doesn't mean it would ever come true, and that had always been there. Pretty crazy.

The Alina thing, yeah it was best that she died again, because it was odd if she was left alive, like everything Mac went through was for nothing, But now they have better closure than they had the first time around, so maybe that was the point after all.

Oh, yes Lor, I believe he found out that Mac killed, as the book, Jo, and because he kinda loved her, so he tried to kill Mac, and so Barrons killed him, well obviously he'll be back, but we may never know what happened with that. Did they make up? I assume Lor will forgive her after some time to really get through his grief and understand that it wasn't Mac.

In terms of Dani/Ryodan/Dancer. She wasn't ready for Ryo. And he didn't want to taint her by being with him first. He knew she had to experience many things before she would be ready for him, and vice versa. I think this was best; but loved their kiss loved all their scenes. So she had to be with Dancer even if it was for a short time, but think it was right at the time and needed.
Reply   Post New Thread