Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Fan Forum's Own Published

Alright, I feel very strange doing this because I really don't like to call attention to myself or toot my own horn but I contacted Jerry and he said it would be alright if I let all of you know that my book has been published and recently released. Mystic Desert...in the beginning is the first of my science fiction trilogy to be released and has been published by TJMF Publishing. If you are interested in more information about my book or about me then please look here. If you're interested in buying a copy please PM me and I'll give you more information. I'm not looking for sales from this site but if you're interested I certainly wouldn't object. Also, if you have any questions for me, hopefully I can give you some answers. Here's a quick synopsis of my book, for your enjoyment I hope.

Quote:
A war a hundred years old, a government power tearing down the very people it swore to protect, a generation destroyed by battle, the fate of billions in the hands of those that would destroy them, and five friends with the power to change it all.
All that Matthew Barrok knows of his father's legacy is contained in broken stories, fading memories, and fragmented computer files. But within those files there is a beacon of hope. Matt's father gave his life for the Mystic Project; a super weapon he was hired to build that could change the tide of the war and alter the balance of power. Now Matt is willing to do the same. But when he discovers the Mystic Project in the middle of an enemy base, he finds that it is not only his life in danger, but also the lives of his four friends that have sworn themselves to him.
Relationships change, friends become enemies, and even the strongest will is tested as Matt and his friends go undercover in search of the Mystic Project. The battles they fought before are nothing compared to the challenges they now face as they are forced to rely on the enemy and turn against each other.

Thanks for the support.
~Angel
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Angel, that is quite an accomplishment. Do you plan on writing anymore after the trilogy?

Icon by Periwinkles
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggiepopple (View Post)
Angel, that is quite an accomplishment. Do you plan on writing anymore after the trilogy?
Yeah, I'm working on two books right now so I've actually already finished the trilogy. I love writing, I'll do it even if I don't sell any books, for me it's just something that I'm passionate about. Right now I'm working on two more, both science fiction, and I've written about 90,000 words of a fantasy novel but have put that away for a while to focus on some other things.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow...Congrats on the book/Books that's awesome news!!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Wow. WOW! Congratulations, Angel! It sounds like something I would love to read. Is it available in major bookstores? I live in Australia. Can I order it through Borders or something?

Also, I was reading your "About the Author" page, and I think there's a spelling/grammatical mistake. I don't think you can use "drug" as the past tense of "drag", I think it's just "dragged." Not 100% sure, but drug didn't sound right to me. But then again I was never that good at english

Congratulations again and I look forward to reading it!

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"
"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.
JavieBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. Hello, my hero. Might have to get this, sounds good.

icon credit- rockin_graphix Thanks!
oywidapoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to you, major congrats.

Mandy
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavieBot (View Post)
Wow. WOW! Congratulations, Angel! It sounds like something I would love to read. Is it available in major bookstores? I live in Australia. Can I order it through Borders or something?

Also, I was reading your "About the Author" page, and I think there's a spelling/grammatical mistake. I don't think you can use "drug" as the past tense of "drag", I think it's just "dragged." Not 100% sure, but drug didn't sound right to me. But then again I was never that good at english

Congratulations again and I look forward to reading it!
See...I was wondering that same thing myself...I should probably go consult a dictionary. Thank you very much for mentioning it though. I wondered when I wrote it. And yes, it should be available at your Borders. Go and see if they can order it for you. Give them my name and the title of the book and if they're unable to do so there's a link to my publisher's bookstore on my website. I do know that anyone in the US can order it in Borders as well, just to make it easy for all of you.

Thanks so much for the support. And again, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
And yes, it should be available at your Borders. Go and see if they can order it for you. Give them my name and the title of the book and if they're unable to do so there's a link to my publisher's bookstore on my website. I do know that anyone in the US can order it in Borders as well, just to make it easy for all of you.
Coolio. I've written down the book details and I'll let you know how I go at my local Borders. Might get there sometime in the next fortnight (after the Harry Potter hubbub has died down).

Aaaah, this is a good month for books! Firstly, The Deathly Hallows, and now Mystic Dessert

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"
"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.
JavieBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavieBot (View Post)
Coolio. I've written down the book details and I'll let you know how I go at my local Borders. Might get there sometime in the next fortnight (after the Harry Potter hubbub has died down).

Aaaah, this is a good month for books! Firstly, The Deathly Hallows, and now Mystic Dessert
I released Mystic Desert on Friday but have had to put everything on the back burner this week. Since I am published by a traditional printing house, albeit a small, local one, my book is more widely available than self-published or print on demand but I still have to do a lot of marketing. I see no point because all the local bookstores are doing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parties this Friday and are going to be committed to local psychiatric hospitals on Saturday because of Potter overload. I personally will be a hermit, so I'll start doing more publicity next week. So far, so good though. Everything seems to be going well.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

wow. i'm so happy for you! it sounds like a great book. i can't wait to read it
Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Congratulations, Angel! Just from the description alone, I knwo you're bound to be a best-seller!

By the way, 90,000 words for your fantasy story is awesome, I hope you'll let us know more about it once it's completed
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Wow!!!! COngratulations. That is amazing!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangirl (View Post)
Congratulations, Angel! Just from the description alone, I knwo you're bound to be a best-seller!

By the way, 90,000 words for your fantasy story is awesome, I hope you'll let us know more about it once it's completed
Haha, you might have to wait a little while on it. It's really a good book, I'm proud of my writing, but I'll admit that I don't really know how to end it. I don't want it to be a chicle, fantasy style ending. So yeah, that's a problem. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure something out about it.

Thanks for all the support you guys. I really appreciate it.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Congrats TheAngel!!!

That's a major accomplishment. I write, but I don't think I could ever write a trilogy. Heck I can barely finish a 20 page short story. I really commend you.

So did you go to publishing company to pitch your book or did they come to you?
moonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread