Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Fallen by Lauren Kate #1 - Because the students of Sword & Cross are all very mysterious

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

Hell on earth.

That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.
It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous.
What if Daniel’s version of the past isn’t actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.

Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.

The last book in the series Rapture comes out in Spring 2012

Quote:
Disney has optioned rights to "Fallen," a young-adult novel by Lauren Kate that features angels. Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray will produce the film adaptation through their Mayhem Prods. banner.

The book, released this week by Delacorte Books for Young Readers, is part of a four-tome series, all of which were included in the deal. The contemporary story centers on an alienated girl torn between two charismatic young men, unaware that they are fallen angels who have battled over her for centuries.

The book series was packaged by rightsholders Nadia Cornier, Ted Malawer and Michael Stearns.

"Twilight" comparisons are inevitable, and angels have been identified as the next trend in young-adult fiction with vampire and werewolf tales having inundated the market. "Fallen" and titles like Becca Fitzpatrick's "Hush, Hush," which was moved from a 2010 publication date to this past October, present angels as otherworldly hotties who are immortal and possess bad-boy charm. "Fallen" is the first cherubic title to receive major Hollywood attention.

Oren Aviv and Todd Murata will oversee the supernatural romantic thriller for Disney, and Victor Constantino will shepherd for Mayhem.

Mayhem is in production on Disney's "Secretariat," a Diane Lane-starring movie about the famed racehorse, and has Dwayne Johnson-toplined family comedy "The Tooth Fairy" awaiting a Jan. 22 domestic release by Fox.

"Fallen" was repped by the Gotham Group.
Source

Last edited by dive into you; 06-11-2011 at 11:24 PM
Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, i had no idea the book has been optioned for a movie!

This is a great book.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

I really enjoyed this book. Although, I thought it was kind of anti-climactic at the end But I loved the characters, especially Daniel and I can't wait for the next one. Angels are kind of my new obsession
Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Yeah. It is. It's going to be interesting to see Disney adapts it into a movie.

They are. I think they are very popular right now, as you have this book and Hush, Hush which came out about the same time.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Here's the cover for the second book

Old 03-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its gorgeous!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
New Fan

I love that Book!!! And the cover is incredible
Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know I love it.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really liked this book. Cool it has a movie option.

I love the cover for the 2nd one.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

It is an amazing book

That cover is too pretty.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just ordered the first one
Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You are going to read it, Andie.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

gonna read this book after i get done with reading the body finder
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

It was actually pretty good. I liked that all lot of different things were going on like the school stuff, friendships, and romances. A lot of YA tends to just focus on one aspect and therefor can be quite flat.

However, the writing was really off for me. Over all I liked it, but it came across as a first person book, probably with so many thoughts strewn about, that I had to be constantly reminded that it was in fact third person so either the narration was off and should have been dealt with or she should have just made it first person.

The ending was quite anti-climatic, but I am interested in what will happen next in Torment
Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Yeah, I agree with you about the writing. There was something about it that I didn't really like. I really hope it's improved by the next book, but I guess it will because was Fallen her first book?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread