Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Dune: Leto's Golden Path?

I tried posting this in the sci-fi books thread but didn't get much of a response, and was told that if I started a thread on it, it might work better...so, here goes:

I've been reading the Dune Chronicles (I'm almost done with Heretics of Dune) and I really am lost as to what exactly was Leto's Golden Path... I mean, I know it has something to do with preserving humanity. But I don't understand why he had to do what he did in order for it to happen. Nor do I understand the whole of what his intentions were. So if someone could help me better understand, that''d be great. BUT if it is explained clearly toward the end of Heretics or in Chapterhouse, then just let me know and I'll wait until I get there. Thanks!

Ona nother note: if you haven't read these books, you should. They're incredible!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Try Wikipedia. I found a lot of info on there about the Dune books and The Golden Path. I'm not going to repost it here because it would be a copyright violation.