Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I'm thinking, yes. It already has a huge following, especially on tumblr, and I'm sure it will get tons of new fans once the first movie is out.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I know it has a pretty decent following, and that's only from the first 2 books. I can see the movie gaining a stronger audience, and will make people read the books, even though it'll be finished by then
Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

That will be nice for them, because this whole 'waiting a year between the books' thing sucks. It's awesome when you find a great series that is already finished and you can read the books back-to-back.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

It does. That's why I tend to read a lot of books.. to bide my time
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

hello,

so i've been a part of FF for SIX YEARS! (whenever I think about how long it blows my mind.LOL) Anyway, I always forget about this book section and this thread just happened to catch my eye. I have no idea what this trilogy is about but I love to read and I love getting into new books especially book series. Although I'm currently reading like 10 series over the course of the past 3 or 4 years. Mostly cause I have to wait a year in between books and I forget. But I'd really like to read this. It seems very interesting. I won't deny that the author's name caught my eye. We share the same first name. LOL

Yeah I'm no angel I'm just me
But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haha yeah.. I think many people forget this board exists

If you like Dystopian.. then you would love this. I think the OP has all the details on the first book. So if you find the time, you should check this out.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Supreme Fan

I just finished Insurgent - ah, so good!! I definitely did not see the end coming. I can't wait for the last book

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 07-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know. It's quite shocking. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here is a Q& A with Veronica Roth
A Q and A with Veronica Roth | Indigo Blog

Quote:
Dystopian fiction continues to be popular among teens, particularly with great reads like Veronica Roth’s Divergent trilogy. Divergent is a favourite among the Indigo Teen Bloggers and was voted the best summer read last year. Chandra has also written this excellent review for the second novel in the series, Insurgent. We are thrilled to have this Q&A with Roth as she discusses writing the series and what is next for Tris and Tobias. Welcome, Veronica!

Indigo Teen Blog (ITB): What were the challenges of getting back into Tris’s head after everything that happened to her in Divergent? Did you find that you had to approach her differently?

Veronica Roth (VR): The biggest challenge was learning how to do justice to her immense grief and guilt. Everyone reacts to loss differently. In the early drafts of Insurgent, I felt like Tris wasn't grieving at all, and in the middle drafts, she was too isolated—I finally found ways to show those difficult, painful emotions in ways that made sense for her, like her inability to hold a gun, or her nightmares, or the triggers that set off painful memories. She's also not quite the same person I knew in Divergent. She's been forced to grow up and to expand her idea of what's important—not factions, but love, and sacrifice.

ITB: How did the five factions evolve – and continue to evolve – in the writing process?

VR: Well, I got to know the “other” factions (Erudite, Candor, and Amity) better in the second book. I discovered not only what makes them each appealing but also what makes them each corrupt, in their own ways. And I think Tris's understanding of bravery and selflessness, the virtues of Dauntless and Abnegation, continues to change over time. The biggest revelation she has in book two is about the nature of selflessness and sacrifice.

ITB: Which character surprised you the most as you wrote them?

VR: In the first book: Al. I had no idea what he was going to do until he did it. And in the second book: Jeanine. She surprised me because I had been thinking of her as a total villain, but the more I delved into her motivations the more I realized how much I sympathized with her, and understood her, even if I didn't agree with her decisions. (Obviously.)

ITB: The violence in your books is very raw. Do you ever find it difficult to write such raw content?

VR: Not really, no. I always have an internal conversation that goes something like this: “Do I really want to go there? Do I need to go there for this to feel real and serious and urgent?” Usually I decide that I do; sometimes I decide that I don't, and I back off. But I have no trouble going into a dark place when I write, probably because I'm not really a dark person.

ITB: When looking at how Tris and Tobias’s/Four’s relationship develops in Insurgent, do you think that it is unusual for authors of YA to keep couples together but show the emotional development without throwing in a love triangle? How did you approach this new phase in their relationship?

VR: I hesitate to say whether it's unusual or not, because I haven't read widely enough to be qualified to say so. I do think that love triangles are common these days, and while they are often done very well, and I often really enjoy them, they can also be a crutch for when tension or conflict is difficult for an author to develop. I only know that because when I was struggling to find the right dynamic for Tris and Tobias, I would occasionally get exhausted and think “maybe I'll just throw someone else in there to make things interesting.” Thankfully I changed my mind, because in the end I think it was far better to explore a developing relationship than to rattle it up with a third party.

As for how I approached it, I knew that Tris and Tobias were different people and that they would likely make different decisions. Tobias will do whatever it takes to get the result he thinks is right, but Tris believes that having all the information changes the “rightness” of a result—in that way she's very Erudite, actually. They are also very private people—neither of them know how to trust people, so they end up keeping a lot from each other, naturally. I suppose what I'm saying is that to figure out their dynamic, I just let them be themselves, for better or for worse.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

So I finished Divergent and rather enjoyed it. Mostly because I fell in love with Four/Tibias. Another male fictional character to add to my list.

I had no idea the second one was already out. Now I have to read that one. LOL

Yeah I'm no angel I'm just me
But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 08-24-2012, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like they're looking for a director

Neil Burger in talks to helm Summit's 'Divergent' - Entertainment News, EXCLUSIVE, Media - Variety
Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's awesome.

A step in the right direction!

Quote:
Summit is planning to start production in March with the aim of releasing the pic in the first quarter of 2014.
Does that mean FILMING starts in MARCH?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That what it sounds like.

April
Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait to see who they cast. I imagine they should start toward the end of the year
Old 08-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, it's awesome news. We hadn't had an update in a while.