Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you liked it!

Oh and thanks for the link! *goes to take test*

And I pronounce Tobias (Tow-Bee-ahs) But It could be done the other way too.

ETA: I got Erudite.

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 07-20-2011 at 09:06 PM
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ooh i was very surprised by my dauntless result, but apparently i did something courageous in the test
im staying away from dream cast pics cause the movies are so far away everyones gonna be old by then

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you choose the knife?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You get to jump from trains.

I was surprised with Tobias being Four. I guess I didn't think hard enough. I say Tow-Bee-ahs, too.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't piece it together until it was revealed
Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tobias was only mentioned in passing at the beginning of the novel. I didn't connect the two.

She's posted some teasers/quotes for the sequel over the weeks:

Teaser 1: "Did you just call me BEATRICE?”
Teaser 2: “You look older.” “Yes, well, the passage of time tends to do that to a person.”
Teaser 3: "The other factions are far more prominent in the next book, since Tris is less secluded."
Teaser 4: "My dear girl. I am his family. I am permanent. You are only temporary."
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

The last one sounds like.. hm his mother?
Old 08-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's Marcus?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marcus?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Four's dad.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh right I forget sometimes, the names of side characters.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Insurgent cover!

Quote:
Veronica Roth made her YA debut earlier this year with Divergent. And even though the sequel won’t hit shelves until May 2012, EW has the exclusive cover reveal for Insurgent today. But there’s even more! We also got Roth to answer a few questions about the trilogy. Don’t, however, expect her to give away too much — Roth remains tight-lipped about what’s coming up in book 2. Read on to find out how Roth came up with her trilogy, the success of the series, and what book 3 will not be called.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Where did you come up with the idea for Divergent and the subsequent trilogy?
VERONICA ROTH: I came up with the idea when I was driving to Minnesota, where I spent my first year of college. I was just listening to a song, and an image of someone jumping off a building, but not for a self-destructive reason, popped into my head. When I thought about why a person might do that, I came up with the first faction — Dauntless — and also the story of a person within that faction.

Did you always intend for this story to be a trilogy?
It’s not that I ever sat down and outlined a trilogy, but I always have a sense of what size an idea is when I start it. Some ideas are short-story sized, some are novel-sized, and this one was series-sized. I don’t think I had the audacity, as a young writer, to think that it would ever actually become a series, but I certainly dreamed it up that way.

Did you ever think Divergent would be so successful?
I try not to expect anything, because expectations are rarely accurate, whether they’re good or bad. But I was cautiously optimistic. I had a lot of support from the publisher and from early reviewers. So I certainly hoped that it would do well. What I found most encouraging, though, was a few weeks in, when it seemed like the friends of early readers had started to pick it up. That meant word of mouth, and word of mouth means that readers are responding to the book enough to recommend it, which is amazing. Maybe that’s a good way to describe how it’s been. I am continually amazed.

What can you tell readers about Insurgent?
I can’t say much because there’s very little I can reveal without spoiling everything. But I will say that the factions there were not featured in Divergent will have a more prominent role in Insurgent, and that readers will learn more about Tobias’ history. But essentially, the book is about consequences. The repercussions of what Tris did, and what Jeanine did at the end of the first book, in particular.

Where does Insurgent pick up after Divergent? Has any time passed?
Insurgent picks up pretty much right where Divergent leaves off. Very little time has passed.

Anything else you want to add about the trilogy?
The third book will be called Detergent, and the tagline will be One Choice Can Disinfect You. Okay, that’s a lie.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Tobias was only mentioned in passing at the beginning of the novel. I didn't connect the two.
Funny as soon as this was mentioned, I was pretty much figuring that she was gonna pick dauntless and he would be there and they'd end up together . Not a bad thing, I just was expecting it for some reason.

That cover just makes me want the next book to be here already.

And for the faction test I get amity, which I find... interesting.

Chrissy |
Old 09-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like a slightly distorted symbol of Amity on the cover. It should be good.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

add me please? i just started on the book and i love it so far
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread