Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Added you, Pam.

I can't remember if it was mentioned or not if there are other cities/states.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

It wasn't really mentioned actually so its possible there aren't, but then how does everybody fit into Chicago? Where is everybody else if not in other cities?

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe something happened to the rest of the country? and killed a lot of people and Chicago is the only place left.. which is why its split into factions
Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe, sounds like something for clearing up in the next two books at some point, at least I hope. It has me curious.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I hope so It would be nice to find that out
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

I just finished the Divergent based rp I was talking about, and posted it on the roleplaying board. If anyone is interested let me know, even people who haven't rped before, we could always use new blood.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I just really had trouble picturing the extent of their known world. Hopefully we'll get more details in the 2nd book. Other than that, great story and characters.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

What were some your favorite things about the book, like moments for example?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the part where Tris is reunited with her mom at the end, and she finds out her mom was part of Dauntless and she sacrifices herself.

Also, when Four brings Tris into his fearscape and she finds out who he is, and the Ferris wheel scene. You?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved the Ferris wheel scene, where Four takes her into the fearscape
Old 05-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Add me please! I just finished the book! Can't wait for Book 2! It sucks that it's a whole year wait for it! BLAH!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Please add me. Loved loved loved the book. I could not put my Kindle down even on nights where I knew I had to be up at 5am, it had me hooked, I dont know how im going to wait for the second book. 2012 seems so far away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
Thanks. It was really good first book.

I found the world it was set in really interesting, but are there other cities in the States? Unless I missed it, I couldn't really gauge how many people were living in Chicago or if there were other countries/cities. They wanted control of the government, but I gathered it was just Chicago.
Im hoping she's going to explore that in the next book, Tris mentions at the beginning that it looks like the dauntless guards where keeping them all in the city rather than keep something out of the city right? Maybe the factions where an experiment in Chicago and the rest of the states works differently?
Jess
Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

I really like the moments you mentioned the ferris wheel, the fearscape and the moments with her mom were my favorites I also liked the end scene with her dad when he stepped up.

Yes, or maybe the rest of the world is different or wiped out and they are trying to keep people from exploring the outside.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Im interested in what's outside of the confines of faction Chicago, but at the same time I dont really want Roth the explore the outside world in her trilogy, or at least not in the second book. There so much to learn about all the factions yet, especially Amity.

I loved Four's fearscape, it showed how brave Tris is. And Im glad she finally got to know who Four was (I kinda guessed early on, anyone else?). I found the scene where Al and Peter took Tris really powerful, and the aftermath even more so. Al's journey alongside Tris was very interesting.
Jess
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Addicted Fan

just read this book yesterday! it was amazing!