Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

The DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons, The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon Series)- By Dan Brown #2

Dan Brown

Author of: Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon Series)

Plot Synopsis:

Angels & Demons:

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon works to solve a murder and prevent a terrorist act against the Vatican.

IMDb Link

The Da Vinci Code:

A murder inside the Louvre and clues in Da Vinci paintings lead to the discovery of a religious mystery protected by a secret society for two thousand years -- which could shake the foundations of Christianity.

IMDb Link

The Lost Symbol:

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to give a lecture at the United States Capitol, with the invitation apparently from his mentor, a 33rd degree Mason named Peter Solomon, who is the head of the Smithsonian Institution. Solomon has also asked him to bring a small, sealed package which he had entrusted to Langdon years earlier. When Langdon arrives at the Capitol, however, he learns that the invitation he received was not from Solomon, but from Solomon's kidnapper, Mal'akh, who has left Solomon's severed right hand in the middle of the Capitol Rotunda in a recreation of the Hand of Mysteries. Mal'akh then contacts Langdon, charging him with finding both the Mason's Pyramid, which Masons believe is hidden somewhere underground in Washington D.C., and the Lost Word, lest Solomon be executed.

IMDb Info (Movie in Pre-Production)

Links:

Official Website for Dan Brown
Like Dan Brown on Facebook here!

Similar Threads:

The Davinci Code & Angels&Demons by Dan Brown

Last edited by Melissa Ann; 08-22-2012 at 12:20 PM
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for visiting the thread!

Have you read all three of the books?

The third one was so good and I cannot wait for the movie!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't read any of them. I don't think they are my kind of thing.. but I know people who have read them.
My mum has seen the movie of the DaVinci Code.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Ohh the books are very good.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

We had three separate threads (DC and A&D, and Dan Brown himself) so I'm merging them and counting them as thread #1?

So if you could just add http://www.fanforum.com/f28/davinci-...an-brown-3213/ in the OP, I guess.
Tomorrow's skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow's skies (View Post)
We had three separate threads (DC and A&D, and Dan Brown himself) so I'm merging them and counting them as thread #1?

So if you could just add http://www.fanforum.com/f28/davinci-...an-brown-3213/ in the OP, I guess.
Done!

This thread was created when the MM thought it would be funny to create the "Books II" board, about books to films....this was their April Fools joke and it was not funny IMO.

So that's why the OP banner shows the books and the relating movies
Old 01-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread. This is one of those books sitting in my queue, as I bought it when it was "the book", but never quite mustered the energy to read it tho.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:48 PM
djl
New Fan

The Real Da Vinci Code Revealed

We all know of Dan Brown's bestselling novel and the subsequent film. Part of the investigation centered on Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper mural painting. However the ideas conveyed within the book and film are a bit misleading.

I believe it's time the true symbolism be acknowledged.

The real da Vinci code, the real Last Supper symbology revealed: https://imgur.com/a/8geXYlP

The symbolism signifies unity and balance in all things.

Note on the fire side the apostles, specifically John (not Mary), are leaning away from Jesus to avoid burns. Whereas on the water side apostles are leaning right up beside Jesus as the water poses no threat. Also note Judas on the negative, or on the dark side with the spilled container of salt signifying bad luck.

For purposes of interpretation all significant details are retained in copies produced by da Vinci's contemporaries Giampietrino and Andrea Solari.

An intentional message is being conveyed. Now it is revealed to the world.

Daniel
djl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi and welcome. Thanks for sharing that post.

I move the post to this thread since it already existed. Please check the Board guideto see of a topic already exists.

I really like this Art Historian, Rocky Ruggiero's explanation of The Last Supper on his podcast: REBUILDING THE RENAISSANCE PODCAST.
Part 1. Part 2.

He said that it is like a snapshot at a particular moment. That Da Vinci caught the moment when Jesus said one of you will betray me and the Apostles are reacting to that bombshell.

Really awesome observations.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really interesting with one palm being up and the other down. It's something I never noticed.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know what that means, but Peter is pointing a knife at Bartholomew towards the end of the table. Bartholomew was skinned alive.

Peter is leaning towards John, as if saying to John, "Ask Him if it's me?"
Old 02-21-2022, 03:39 PM
djl
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Really interesting with one palm being up and the other down. It's something I never noticed.
The symbolism goes a bit further.

Jesus is considered the "light of the world" (John 8:12, John 9:5). Jesus is also the Son of Man and the Son of God. Notice palm down (son/sun down, no light) is on the dark side, while palm up (son/sun up, light) is on the light side. Fire, darkness, negativity of Hell on the left and light, water, positivity of Heaven on the right.

Note the knife on the left side, or the dark, negative side, signifying destruction or malevolence.

It's all about opposites, a middle ground and balance. Also note the windows allowing observation of the terrain outside the room illustrating inside/outside, interior/exterior or internal/external.

Daniel
djl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
but Peter is pointing a knife at Bartholomew towards the end of the table. Bartholomew was skinned alive.
Poor Bartholomew. Has to be one of the worst deaths.

Quote:
Peter is leaning towards John, as if saying to John, "Ask Him if it's me?"
Gotta ask yourself, Peter

All of that symbolism makes me appreciate Da Vinci more and his genius. He put so much thought into it. Probably why 500 years later he is an icon.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Poor Bartholomew. Has to be one of the worst deaths.
I also think being cooked on coals is bad. But St. Lawrence said to turn him over because he was done on that side.

Quote:
esus is considered the "light of the world" (John 8:12, John 9:5). Jesus is also the Son of Man and the Son of God. Notice palm down (son/sun down, no light) is on the dark side, while palm up (son/sun up, light) is on the light side. Fire, darkness, negativity of Hell on the left and light, water, positivity of Heaven on the right.
Oh yea... that makes sense. I see it now.
Reply   Post New Thread