Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong

Welcome to The Darkest Powers thread #1

THE SUMMONING

Chloe Saunders sees dead people. Yes, like in the films. The problem is, in real life saying you see ghosts gets you a one-way ticket to the psych ward. And at 15, all Chloe wants to do is fit in at school and maybe get a boy to notice her. But when a particularly violent ghost haunts her, she gets noticed for all the wrong reasons. Her seemingly crazed behaviour earns her a trip to Lyle House, a centre for disturbed teens.

At first Chloe is determined to keep her head down. But then her room mate disappears after confessing she has a poltergeist, and some of the other patients also seem to be manifesting paranormal behaviour. Could that be a coincidence? Or is Lyle House not quite what it seems…? Chloe realizes that if she doesn’t uncover the truth, she could be destined for a lifetime in a psychiatric hospital. Or could her fate be even worse…? Can she trust her fellow students, and does she dare reveal her dark secret?

THE AWAKENING

If you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl—someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I’m as far away from normal as it gets. I’m a living science experiment—not only can I see ghosts, but I can raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever. I’m running for my life with three of my supernatural friends and we have to find someone who can help us gain our freedom back before the Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.

THE RECKONING

My name is Chloe Saunders. I’m fifteen, and I would love to be normal.
But normal is one thing I’m not.
For one thing, I’m having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother–who just happens to be a sorcerer–but, between you and me, I’m leaning toward the werewolf.
Not normal.
My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us…permanently.
Definitely not normal.
And finally, I’m a genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.
As far away from normal as it gets.

THE GATHERING

Maya lives in a small medical-research town on Vancouver Island. How small? You can’t find it on the map. It has less than two-hundred people, and her school has only sixty-eight students–for every grade from kindergarten to twelve.

Now, strange things are happening in this claustrophobic town, and Maya’s determined to get to the bottom of them. First, the captain of the swim team drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. A year later, mountain lions start appearing around Maya’s home, and they won’t go away. Her best friend, Daniel, starts experiencing “bad vibes” about certain people and things. It does’t help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret…and he’s interested in one special part of Maya’s anatomy: Her paw-print birthmark.

THE CALLING

Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is—a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.

Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they’re kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home. Plentiful action and romance in this second installment in the Darkness Rising series will keep readers enthralled to the last page.
Coming out April 2012

Supporters:
1) HaylijahღEndgame
2) KOUAT12
3) Tomorrow's skies
4) baelfire24
5) amble

Last edited by ShadowhunterღReader; 03-28-2020 at 05:18 PM
ShadowhunterღReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, the Gathering isn't part of the darkest powers series.

Only the three books: The Awakening, the Summoning & the Reckoning.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

It's a sister series, I believe, so not directly the same but same world and rules. Plus, I've heard that characters may show up in the new trilogy

Anyway, thanks for starting! I really enjoyed the first trilogy
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have read The Gathering, but I didn't know it was the same world or that some of the characters could show up.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read the first two, but I keep forgetting about getting the third book from the library.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

It's fairly recent still, so you're not too behind I liked it, but I preferred the earlier books
Old 11-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Please add me to the list.
KOUAT12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Added!

Has anyone read The Calling?
Tomorrow's skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, not yet. I did read the first one. I haven't managed to read the 2nd yet.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

I wasn't a big fan of the first being from the locale I found so many errors in how Armstrong portrayed it.

She was actually in my store yesterday, signed all the trades and hardcovers that we had in stock. It wasn't an event, she just showed up with a rep from the publisher.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Added! Sorry for the delay
Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

I liked a different series written by Kelley Armstrong. Is this a good series to start?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I suppose it is.

You've read something else by her?
Reply   Post New Thread