Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
New Fan

Chuck Klosterman

Anyone else read his books? I think he also writes articles for distinguished magazines regularly but I haven't yet come across them. I loVed "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" and am waiting to begin his new "Killing Yourself to Live."
monbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monbabe
Anyone else read his books? I think he also writes articles for distinguished magazines regularly but I haven't yet come across them. I loVed "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" and am waiting to begin his new "Killing Yourself to Live."
I've read parts of Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs but haven't actually sat down to read it straight through. My sister met him when she was in New York though and they correspond from time to time...professionally, of course. She's a journalist so she asks for advanced copies of his books to review and etc., since she's a big fan.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

I've read 'Sex,Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs' and I loved it, naturally, I was excited when his new book came out, I'm reading it now, and again, I love it.

I have yet to read his first book, but I'll get it when I'm done with this, I love how he writes, and I love that I understand his pop culture references!
Arrow #8
~*Astaldoantoiel*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:23 PM
New Fan

I just finished his new book (Killing Yourself to Live" and loved it again. Klosterman is so insightful and funny.

Angela12: If your sister ever started seeing CK unprofessionally.. you'll prolly find out about it in his next book.
monbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela12
I've read parts of Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs but haven't actually sat down to read it straight through. My sister met him when she was in New York though and they correspond from time to time...professionally, of course. She's a journalist so she asks for advanced copies of his books to review and etc., since she's a big fan.
ooh that is cool that your sister is a journalist does she always right about books?

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

I've read Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Completely LOVED Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs! I finally read it this year and basically nodded ("yes!") through the whole thing
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Isn't this the same guy who wrote Fargo, Rock City? If so, I haven't read his stuff, but I want to! I grew up in North Dakota, and I love metal. So I'm curious about that book.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love him. There's nothing else to it.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread