Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill #1: How would you react being turned into a Vampire against your will?

Welcome to the 1st "Chicagoland Vampires" by Chloe Neill.

Supporters:
1.Stay to the Lights
2.Periwinkles
3.MsDelusional
4. Lostcandy

Some Girls Bite.

They killed me. They healed me. They changed me.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn't exactly glamorous, but it was mine. I was doing fine until Chicago's vampires announced theirexistence to the world-and then a rogue vampire attacked me. But he only got a sip before he was scared away by another bloodsucker... and this one decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.

Turns out my savior was the master vampire of Cadogan House. Now I've traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan "Lord o' the Manor" Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed, four hundred year old vampire, he has centuries' worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude-and servitude. Right...

But my burgeoning powers (all of a sudden, I'm surprisingly handy with some serious weaponry), an inconvenient sunlight allergy, and Ethan's attitude are the least of my concerns. Someone's still out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?

My initiation into Chicago's nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war-and there will be blood...

Friday Night Bites

You'd think headlines like that would have provoked the fine citizens of the Windy City to take up arms against us bloodsucking fiends. Instead, ten months later, we're enjoying a celebrity status reserved for the Hollywood elite—fending off paparazzi only slightly less dangerous than cross and stake-wielding slayers. Don't get me wrong, Joe Public isn't exactly thrilled to be living side-by-side with the undead, but at least they haven't stormed the castle yet.

But all that will change once they learn about the Raves—mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle and drink themselves silly. Most civilized vampires frown on this behavior, putting mere mortals at ease with their policy of asking a person's consent before taking a big gulp of the red stuff. However, that doesn't make good copy for a first time reporter looking to impress his high society family.

So now my "master," the centuries old, yet gorgeously well-preserved Ethan Sullivan, wants me to reconnect with my own upper class family and act as liaison between humans and vampires—and keep the more unsavory aspects of our existence out of the media. But someone doesn't want people and vamps to play nicey-nice—someone with an ancient grudge.

Twice Bitten

Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire.

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 09-25-2011 at 08:04 PM
Old 07-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me, please! This series is amazing and it's one of my favorites. I just finished reading the latest book.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Belle!

I finished the newest book like last week, It was awesome.

Adding you!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Jen.

I was happy that Merit/Ethan took a step in their relationship - even if it was a bit short lived. There was more angst in this one compared to the first two.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, there was some progress in their relationship. And even though there was a backtrack at the end, I like that Ethan was like "we're Immortal" he isn't going anywhere.
At least Ethan finally realized how he feels about Merit, I don't think Merit is exactly to his stage, but when he realized he might lose her.. Its when he realized how he truly felt.

that's progress in my book
Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When he covered her and protected her during the attack at the bar, even though it was supposed to be her job, it was really sweet. I agree, I think he surprised himself with how much he cared for her, and that's why he chose not to be with her and chose his responsibilities instead. He hasn't felt that way about anyone in a long time. Yeah, Merit seemed dead set of giving him only one chance and he blew it, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next one.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. He'll need to do alot of grovelling to make it up to her
Maybe something will happen to him that will make her re-evaluate her choices and realize that even immortal life can be cut short and that she should seize the day so to speak.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe! Merit's only, what, a few months 'old' after her change? There's definitely a lot of stuff for Merit to find out about living forever. They just need more time. Besides, it'll be really fun to see Ethan grovel.

Do you remember the part where Merit's gets a vision from Gabriel? She sees Gabriel's son he told her to protect and she sees someone with her who is described as having green eyes like Ethan, but whose eyes look unlike Ethan at the same time? How did you interpret that part? Maybe one of Ethan's relatives (his sister?) or did it just mean that it was Ethan himself and he just looked different.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Merit is still so young so there is alot she will need to learn and experience about being immortal.
And I think she is only just beginning to see the feelings she has for Ethan aren't just Lust, which she had put them off to until now. So I guess that's a bit of progress on her part.

Hmm. I'm not totally sure.
It could have meant Ethan, but different. Because do we know if Ethan has any relations.. but then if he did they would have to be vampires as well.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Add me I love this series. Merit is so badass and her and Ethan are hot
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Add me I love this series. Merit is so badass and her and Ethan are hot
Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Yes, they are. I love them.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome! I really enjoy them, too. I also like the friendship between Merit/Lindsey.

What is everyone's favorite book so far?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd say definitely "Twice Bitten"
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's mine as well, followed by the first book.