Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was the girl at the London Institute who didn't want to be a shadowhunter. She was involved with Tessa's brother?

Quote:
Jessamine Lovelace was a ward of the London Institute until 1878. Jessamine ultimately betrayed them shortly before her death, after which she repented and returned as a ghost guarding the Institute.
Jessamine Lovelace - The Shadowhunters' Wiki
Old 09-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I should of knew that. I don't know why I didn't remember her nickname. Or the fact that she died.

April
Old 09-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, prob because it had been a while since the book.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing that keeps on bugging me. Maybe not bugging me, but what is her deal with incest?

First she made everyone think that Jace and Clary were siblings. And even before it was revealed that they weren't, it didn't stop them from wanting each other.

Then she made Sebestain not in love with Clary but close enough. He didn't want them to rule as siblings, but actual couple. He wanted her to love him more than a brother. Didn't he make a comment to her how in Greece and Rome they used to marry their siblings.

When you really think about it, it's kind of disgusting.

April
Old 09-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. She does use incest quite a bit in this story. I know she came up with the idea before she begun writing. Maybe she likes to be twisted
Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Flowers in the Attic is about incest, and I think that book was pretty big. Which that's the reason I didn't read it.

April
Old 09-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I always picture the incest in this show like a would in historical context. Where bloodlines slept with each other to keep it pure.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Flowers in the Attic is about incest, and I think that book was pretty big. Which that's the reason I didn't read it.
Oh yes. I've read that.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Well I always picture the incest in this show like a would in historical context. Where bloodlines slept with each other to keep it pure.
That's true.

April
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jade, you planning on reading the spinoff?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Fan

MIPCOM: 'The Mortal Instruments' to Return as TV Series
Old 10-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow. It would work better as a TV series.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would.

But I would hate to see everyone recast.

I wonder if they are going to go from the movie or just start over.

April
Old 10-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have a feeling they'll start over. I can't see all the actors into a TV series. Lily I feel is more a movie actress, the others, some have done TV and have projects..

I guess we'll see.

I do think its better going to TV given the mythology which can be explored more.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

** Will release every month starting in Feb**

1. Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy -- Feb 17th
Quote:
After living as a Mundane and a Vampire, Simon never thought he would become a Shadowhunter, but today he begins his training at Shadowhunter Academy

2. The Lost Herondale -- March 17th
Quote:
Simon learns the worst crime a Shadowhunter can commit: desertion of their comrades. In the early nineteenth century, Tobias Herondale abandoned his fellow Shadowhunters in the heat of battle and left them to die. His life was forfeit, but Tobias never returned, and the Clave claimed his wife’s life in exchange for Tobias’s. Simon and his fellow students are shocked to learn of this brutality, especially when it is revealed the woman was pregnant. But what if the child survived…could there be a lost Herondale line out in the world today?

3. The Whitechapel Fiend -- April 21st.
Quote:
Simon learns the truth behind the Jack the Ripper murders—“Jack” was stopped by Will Herondale, his former parabatai, and his institute of Victorian Shadowhunters.
4. Nothing But Shadows -- May 19th
Quote:
Simon challenges the setup of the Shadowhunter Academy and in doing so learns the story of James Herondale and Matthew Fairchild and the unusual way that they became friends and parabatai.

5. The Evil We Love -- June 16th
Quote:
The story of Valentine’s Circle at the Shadowhunter Academy.

6. Pale Kings and Princes -- July 21st
Quote:
imon has an encounter with Downworlders and is reprimanded for not following the rules for Academy students interacting with Downworlders. A story within a story: Andrew Blackthorn, while a student at the Academy, becomes enthralled by a faerie and has two children with her: Mark and Helen.

7. Bitter of Tongue -- August 18th.
Quote:
When faeries kidnap Simon he encounters a member of the Wild Hunt, the former Shadowhunter Mark Blackthorn.

8. The Fiery Trial -- September 15th
Quote:
Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn become parabatai. Simon and Clary both act as their witnesses, so they can see what a parabatai bond forming looks like as they want to become parabatai as soon as Simon graduates — and because Emma asked Clary. The ritual goes unexpectedly …

9. Born to Endless Night -- October 20th
Quote:
Simon, like the rest of the Academy, is stunned when a navy-skinned warlock baby is found on the Academy steps. They hand the child over to guest lecturer Magnus Bane, who has to bring a child home… temporarily, of course… to his man!

10. Angels Twice Descending -- November 17th.
Quote:
Someone lives and someone dies at Simon’s Ascension ceremony.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread