Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
New Fan

Chronicles of Narnia

Hey for all those people who are fans of the The Chronicles of Narnia book series.The second book Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian will be hitting the scenes on May 16, 2008. A year after their first adventure in Narnia, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are pulled back in by Susan's magic horn. They find that hundreds of years have passed, and Narnia is now ruled by the bloodthirsty General Miraz, uncle to the true heir, Prince Caspian, now in exile. Now the children must find Caspian and help him depose Miraz..I am so excited.. The movie will be a must watch. For people who haven’t read the Narnia collection the movies are generally better!Lets share our thoughts on this.
surabhi279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 AM
New Fan

The books are always better than the movies. There is no way to put all the feelings or details and explanations into 1.5-2.5 hours of film in most cases. I have loved the Chronicles of Narnia since I was a child and recently found the entire collection in 1 book at Costco for my son. He loved the movie, now I am hoping this might move him into reading for pleasure. I am really looking forward to Prince Caspian too.
jamiesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:05 AM
New Fan

yea i hav always loved Chronicles of narnia. i feel movies are more better than books. books jus consume a lot of time n u actually get a clear view about the story.
princecaspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
New Fan

c.s. lewis's fourth bk now in a movie...... prince caspian

hi guys...........

d fourth bk in d series of chronicles of narnia-prince caspian hs been made into a movie.....

d movie prince caspian is on d 16th may.......

d traillers r lukn gr8 n frm 'em d movie surely luks quite promisn................

and its said that some scenes that are not in the book are included in the film......

but after reading c.s lewis's book prince caspian im all the more excited to see the visuals...............

will the movie match your expectations????
scoggialicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Just thought I'd move this new post in here since it was basically talking about the same thing. Enjoy the discussion.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 AM
New Fan

c.s lewis- chronicles of narnia

hey bookworms..............

chronicles of narnia is one of a kind fantasy tale.........
what makes it special is that all d dwellers in narnia beasts and humans can converse with each other...................
c.s lewis has done an amazing job by not only authoring this series but also influencing a string of fantasy writers like j.k rowling....

The Chronicles of Narnia books have sold more than 100,000,000 to date and have been translated into 35 different languages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now the series is being made into motion pictures.....

the lion,the witch and the wadrobe- the first film in the chronicles of narnia was extremely successful.............and now prince caspian the movie is lined up for its releases............the traillers are looking quite good........

wt im looking forward is to find out whether the movie lives up to the book or it exceeds the expectations.....

wt say??
scoggialicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Supreme Fan

C.S. Lewis: The Chronicles of Narnia and other works

Hey everyone,
I've gotten a lot of threads started about C.S. Lewis and The Chronicles of Narnia since the new movie is about to come out. I thought I'd make a new thread for some of C.S. Lewis's works and for The Chronicles of Narnia. Please feel free to discuss anything relating to the author or his works here. All other threads on this topic are going to be moved here as well, so you might as well just post here originally and make it easier on us poor mods .

Alright, so the only books I know by C.S. Lewis are The Chronicles of Narnia and The Screwtape Letters. To be honest, I had trouble getting into the Narnia books when I was younger, but I may give them another try now after seeing the first movie, which I really did like. What about everyone else? What C.S. Lewis books do you like? What about the movies? How are they compared to the books?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I got a set of all books for my birthday this month and I´m already at book 5. I so love childrens books (like his dark materials and all that) and I thought the movie was okayish. The books are way better and I can´t wait to see Prince Caspian when it´s finally out here in the cinemas (which should be quite soon I hope). I just can´t stop reading them.

So if anyone can tell me of any books like those that I can read after those I´d be very thankful
TessShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Total Fan

I got the Chronicles of Narnia for Christmas a few years back. I finished the 1st book and am still reading the 2nd book.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Magician's Nephew. I love them and I want to read the rest of the series, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. There are so many books that I want to read!

I reading!
brittybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

I remember these being my favorite books when I was younger (before Harry Potter was around). I haven't read these in years though. I really want to give them another go though.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:56 PM
CHH
Extreme Fan

My favorite Narnia is The Silver Chair. I just love Eustace and Puddleglum.
CHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I love these books.
BlindReaper415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the books and the movies! (you can tell for my icon )

I've only read TLtWatW, PC, TVotDT and TSC for now but I love the series so far.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Was forced to read TLtWatW in grade 5 for school. I didn't hate it but I wasn't really a fan either, I don't think. But with the obvious religious overtones there's no way I'll read any others.

It's kind of strange because it was J.R.R. Tolkien that converted him to Christianity and I adore his books, I guess it just comes down to how they write.