Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer: Don't Look If you haven't read.

Here's a SAFE place to discuss Breaking Dawn. I figured that the people in the Twilight thread may read at different paces, and anyone who wants to talk about it freely can do so here.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Alright, Sarah. Just to confirm, this place is open to spoilers, correct? Since there's a warning on the title of the thread it's not necessary to hide them. I just want to clarify for everyone's benefit. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

yikes i feel like the only one reading!!!!!!!

i'm about 1/2 way done and this book is freaking me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't put it down, yet i dont want it to end either
Old 08-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm on chapter 18 and yeah. I'm seriously considering running to the other side of town tomorrow during my lunch break and returning this paperweight. If Stephenie Meyer couldn't produce a good story (no cop-outs, which this book is FULL of), then she should have taken more time with it. I wouldn't have minded waiting a few years for a nicer ending than this. What a waste.

I'll just do what I do with 24. I pretend season 6 didn't happen. I'll just pretend it's a trilogy and end it with Eclipse.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I just finished it. And I'm so depressed that it's over. I want mooooore - in Bella's perspective.

Only the movie will cheer me up now. And R.Pattz
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hate it so far. I am pretty far in (about 550) pages....and there is nothing I have liked other than the wedding/honeymoon.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Can anyone tell me how does it end??? I can´t get a copy yet (Im from Argentina) but I really want to know what happens. Does she becomes a vampire?
Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calivviefan (View Post)
I hate it so far. I am pretty far in (about 550) pages....and there is nothing I have liked other than the wedding/honeymoon.
That was the opposite with me! I thought the wedding and honeymoon was kind of cheesy, but I loved Jacob's POV so much! And the rest of the book.

The chapter titles of Jacob's POV were the best!

Save the Johnny Depp Board
Old 08-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

oh i loved it!!!!

i was freaking out because the story line was somewhat outrageous.....

hello....... rosemary's baby anyone

but i really did love it, especially the beginning, i liked laughing again! and for pre- and post transformation smex

i don't know why it's getting negative reaction???? i'm sad for it to end but i thought SM did well with it, writing sequels is probably harder than coming up with the original story in the first place plus i'm a sucker for a happy ending!

i found myself being more concerned for edward to be happy than bella

i'd love to discuss more!!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
New Fan

I really wasn't happy that Bella was so happy to have Jacob around all the time until it was explained. Pretty sure all the Bella/Jacob fans aren't going to be happy. Loved the book overall and didn't want it to end but Jacob made me angry with how possessive he was of Nessie. It seemed like he was more important than Edward. Didn't like that at all. Imprinting to someone that young is kind of creepy. He's going to watch her grow up and then later have sex with her? Yuck!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

The wedding/honeymoon was AWESOME! Especially the feathers...

At first, I didn't think I'd enjoy Jacob's POV so much, but I really did! I liked when him and Leah became close...I always had a hunch they were going to imprint on each other, but I was VERY wrong! Not that I mind that much...

WOW!!! Bella is a vampire!!! ABOUT TIME!!! I'm so glad she finally likes herself now, ya know? And Renesme seems so adorable!

And Edward...well, as always, I love him!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

i don't know how i didn't see this before..

i thought it was strange that edward had hardly any interaction with Nessie..
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsGirl (View Post)
i don't know how i didn't see this before..

i thought it was strange that edward had hardly any interaction with Nessie..
well initially he hated the baby!!!! b/c he believed he/she would kill bella. i think there wasn't much interaction b/c SM has yet to focus that much on edward in comparison to bella and jacob! coughmidnightsuncough is also why i'm sure

so before the baby was born, was i the only one freaking over the "rosemary's baby" parallel????

and although i've never been a "teem jacob" fangirl, i liked his perspective, especially all the humor he brought to the book. and his "immaturity" was a good counter balance to the seriousness of edward and bella and the book in general i thought! i did however find it somewhat annoying that bella seemed so obsessed with him, but at least once she was transformed, she knew that her old feelings for him had completely vanished, even before Jacob's revelation about nessie.

Last edited by bettybaby; 08-05-2008 at 12:40 PM
Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Total Fan

I'm done! I'm done! I'm done. I have to calm down to discuss it but I'm done!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to start hyperventilating. All of my thoughts are just pinging around in my head like pinballs. So much to speak about. Betty, Val, will you guys hold my hands please
Old 08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

i'm here for ya sher!

you're right Betty. I forgot that Edward hated the baby at first.. now it makes sense.

i know vaguely about the rosemary's baby comparison..

i actually thought that jacob was much more mature now than he was in any of the other three books.

i was glad to see that bella's passion for edward only increased..