Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2014, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Hah yeah, many covers tend to go overboard with photoshop.

Quote:
Ruby deVarre is Rootkin, and the granddaughter of the most revered clanmother in all of New Haven.

In the kin world, girls Ruby’s age are expected to settle down and start a family. But settling down is the farthest thing from wild-child Ruby's mind--all she wants to do is drive fast with her friends and run free through the woods.

Then Conrad, a handsome boy from a clan across the Waste, comes to New Haven to stay with Ruby, and the sparks fly immediately. Conrad is smart, charming, and downright gorgeous. Ruby gets to know him more, she begins to realize something's...off. Like most kin boys, Conrad's temper can be a bit...short. But does he have to be so rough with Ruby--to the point of leaving bruises? On top of all that, Conrad seems to be isolating Ruby, until he all but forbids her from seeing her best friends Cami and Ellie.

And then the murders start. Someone is terrorizing Ruby’s small woodland community, and now she is more alone than ever. Just when she starts to suspect her Prince Charming is anything but, she becomes his next target. Ruby’s about to find out that Conrad's secrets run deeper than she could have ever imagined...

Get ready to surrender to Ruby's charm in this mesmerizing third and final installment of Lili St. Crow's Tales of Beauty and Madness series

This is the last book in the trilogy.

Quote:
WHY WHISTLE IN THE DARK…

There are very few days off when you’re on an epic quest. Believe me, I know. I’m Hedi Peacock—one half Fae, the other Were—and if being a half-breed with one foot in each world isn’t tough enough to manage, there are the four chambers of my heart to consider. The one who holds the strings? Robson Trowbridge, the Alpha of Creemore. If I had my way, he and I would be locked in a bedroom, for eternity, but a pressing family matter needs my attention. It’s true what they say: A woman’s work is never done.

WHEN YOU CAN HOWL AT THE MOON?

My twin brother is being held captive by the Old Mage in another realm. Lo and behold, as soon as Trowbridge and I arrive in Merenwyn, we’re separated in spectacular, dramatic fashion—and I’m left to figure out how to maintain the fragile balance between my Fae magic and my wolf’s blood in a realm that cries to both. Not easy, particularly when I'm keeping an iron-grip on my temper so as not to dispatch with extreme prejudice the odd wizard or smart-mouthed mutt servant who crosses my path. My mama never told me there’d be days like these, but I’m not going down without a fight…or my mate.

I love this cover.

Quote:
The last time Lex was happy, it was before. When she had a family that was whole. A boyfriend she loved. Friends who didn't look at her like she might break down at any moment.

Now she's just the girl whose brother killed himself. And it feels like that's all she'll ever be.

As Lex starts to put her life back together, she tries to block out what happened the night Tyler died. But there's a secret she hasn't told anyone-a text Tyler sent, that could have changed everything.

Lex's brother is gone. But Lex is about to discover that a ghost doesn't have to be real to keep you from moving on.

Quote:
Once two souls are joined...

When Adam's soul mate rejected him, there was more at stake than his heart. After seven hundred years of searching, his true match would have ended the curse that keeps his spirit in chains. But beautiful, stubborn Eliza May fled—and now Adam is doomed to an eternity of anguish, his only hope for salvation gone...

Their hearts will beat together forever...

No matter how devilishly irresistible Adam was, Eliza couldn't stand the thought of relinquishing her freedom forever. So she escaped. But she soon discovers she is being hunted—by someone far more dangerous. The only man who can help is the one man she vowed never to see again. Now Adam's kindness is an unexpected refuge, and Eliza finds that some vows are made to be broken...

Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here is the latest book by Tess Gerritsen. It's #11 in the Rizzoli & Isles series and is being released later this year

Maggie♥Alex
Old 07-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Ah, never realized that show was based upon a book series.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I had found out years ago but never got around to it because of time and other expenditures but now that I basically have the summer off I'm finally getting to them.

I read the first one (the one I posted is book #11) and it's amazing.

I just started the second one last night.
Maggie♥Alex
Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

That's great! The 2nd, I think might be even better.

Sequel to 'Frozen'

Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Book Adaptation Developments/Announcements #1: Something is always being made into a movie or TV show.

Book Adaptation Announcement / Developments.

Focus to Develop YA Adaptation 'Scorpio Races' (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter
Quote:
Focus Features has come onboard to develop the YA adaptation of The Scorpio Races, based on Maggie Stiefvater's popular book.

English screenwriter and playwright Jack Thorne is writing the screenplay based on the 2011 book, which was published by Scholastic.

David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith’s KatzSmith Productions is producing, while Jay Ireland will executive produce. The story is set on the fictional island of Thisby where, every November, a deadly race is held on mystical and dangerous water horses — only one person will win, and some will die.

Aussie producer options US young adult novel
Quote:
Glines has just sold an option on her novel While It Lasts to O’Toole, who recently launched production banner Red Rock Pictures after splitting with his producing partner at Three Kings Pictures.

O’Toole was alerted to the novel in 2013 by young Aussie actor Addam Bramich, who was keen to get the rights as he saw the project as a potential starring vehicle for himself.

The third in a series of Sea Breeze books, While It Lasts is set in in the steamy coastal Alabama town of Sea Breeze, where an interconnected group of older teens hook up and break up.

The protagonist is Cage York, who looked set for a free ride to college for baseball until a DUI. His coach orders him to spend the summer baling hay, where he meets uptight, snarky brunette Eva Brooks. Eva's long-time beau Josh has just been killed along with four other soldiers near Baghdad.

O’Toole will produce and write the screenplay, Glines has agreed to serve as associate producer and Bramich will co-produce. The actor, whose credits include Blinder, The Slap and several short films, is keen to play York.
Cage? Addam Bramich.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great thread idea and thanks for the two announcement links.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

I can see it.

Still think it's odd to chose the third book.

But I still think a lot of the book will be changed to be suitable for the movie.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Yeah, I thought it was weird to choose to third book too, but it seems it was put into the attention of the producer from Addam Bramich who I guess saw the potential for it.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for making this..

I was searching to read a book and "Sharp Object" will into TV.. And I found this link..

Gillian Flynn's 'Sharp Objects' is coming to television | Inside TV | EW.com
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Given the plot of the book I can see that more adaptable for TV
Old 11-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Really? I haven't read that book finish yet..

There was some list of books that into TV shows.. Since Les Miserables will be one of these, but I tho that they did make it as movie?
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

I haven't read the book either, just by the description I was stating that on.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ahh, thanks..
in the whole galaxy...

Steph/credit
Old 11-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have not read these. Anyone here?

‘A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ TV Show: Netflix Adapting Lemony Snicket Books | Deadline
Quote:
A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ TV Show: Netflix Adapting Lemony Snicket Books | Deadline

After bursting onto the original series scene with premium cable-caliber adult fare such as House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black, Netflix is entering a new area: live-action family entertainment. On the heels of picking up AwesomenessTV’s live-action comedy Richie Rich, the streaming company has acquired rights to the best-selling series of books A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, with plans to adapt them as a live-action series. Search is underway for a director to help re-create Snicket’s visual world on TV. Netflix is producing the project, which is being fast-tracked, with Paramount Television. Paramount was behind the 2004 movie starring Jim Carrey, which grossed $209 million worldwide.

On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is A Series oOf Unfortunate Events,” said Cindy Holland, VP Original Content at Netflix. “The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny and relatable. We can’t wait to bring it to life for Netflix members.”

Narrated by Snicket, A Series Of Unfortunate Events recounts the tale of the orphaned children Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire at the hands of the villainous Count Olaf, as they face trials and tribulations, misfortunes and an evil uncle in search of their fortune, all in their quest to uncover the secret of their parents’ deaths. The 13 books in the series have sold more than 65 million copies and have been translated into 43 languages.

“I can’t believe it,” Snicket said, from an undisclosed location. “After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books.” Netflix went on to say, “Mr. Snicket’s participation will be limited, given his emotional distress, but the project has the full involvement of his legal, literary and social representative Daniel Handler, who is often mistaken for him.”

Lemony Snicket, of course is the pen name used by novelist Handler in several children’s books. Snicket’s new book is Shouldn’t You Be In School?, the third volume of the autobiographical “All The Wrong Questions.” Handler’s next novel for adults is We Are Pirates. He will host the National Book Awards this month in New York.

Netflix’s family-oriented originals include a slew of animated series, mostly from DreamWorks Animation — including Turbo Fast and the upcoming The Adventures of Puss In Boots — as well as Ever After High.

Handler is repped by ICM Partners and Charlotte Sheedy. ICM Partners brokered the deal for rights.