Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2020, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Now you don't have to feel like you wasted money on the box because you ended up liking it.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

Exactly!

And I immediately went to get the whole trilogy to read instead of waiting a few years.
BehrItAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing
The 90s

I can't rememeber the series. It was made into a movie a few years ago. The first book sounded so good and right up my alley. At the point I went to buy it all 3 were out. I almost bought the box set but so glad I didn't because I didn't end up really liking the first book.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

Aww. That’s a bummer. What disappointment.
Do you remember if you liked the movie? If you saw it.

I borrow from the library when I am apprehensive.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I think the last time I rushed to get the next book in a series was Harry Potter. I'm glad it was all out by the time I got around to reading it.
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel*by*Kieron Gillen,**Jason Aaron,**Marco Checchetto,**Salvador Larroca,**Andrea Broccardo,**Andres Mossa*(Colour Artist),**Edgar Delgado*(Colour Artist),**Antonio Fabela*(Colour Artist)

Quote:
A rebel pilot and a rogue archaeologist delve into the darkest shadows of the galaxy side by side, as Luke Skywalker reluctantly teams up with Doctor Aphra! The not-so-good Doctor will make Luke an offer he can't afford to pass up...one that leads him to a very rare gathering at the heart of the infamous Screaming Citadel! Will Luke find what he's looking for? Can Aphra be trusted? Or will they both wind up victims of the Citadel's queen? And as this unlikely duo steps right into the lair of one of the most powerful, reclusive and dangerous women in the galaxy, can Han and Leia be far behind them?

COLLECTING: STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA 7-8, STAR WARS 31-32, STAR WARS: THE SCREAMING CITADEL 1
After reading Doctor Aphra Vol. 1 and then moving on to Vol 2. I realized that some of the story was missing. So I went back to read The Screaming Citadel.

The Story:
It was better than Doctor Aphra, Vol. 3: Remastered, but still not as strong a story as Vol 1 and 2. For starters the brain parasite/ zombie story has been done to death. The Queen's motives to capture Luke reminded me of
Spoiler:

There was a lot of action though and some humor. There were some amusing moments that made me chuckle.

Spoiler:

The artwork:
it was so jarring to see the different styles of art jump back and forth. I hate when they break up a single story between comic book issues and artists. It should have one writer, one artist, one color artist and one letterer.

Salvador Larroca and Edgar Delgado (Colour Artist) who are the artists for STAR WARS 31-32 did absolutely beautiful work. The facial features and expressions for Luke, Han, Leia and the cast of other characters were perfectly detailed. I loved the realism.

Then in between those issues the story continues with STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA 7-8. Those artists are Andrea Broccardo and Antonio Fabela*(Colour Artist) and I.... I don't want to be mean but I have to be honest. I hated it. It was like a Sunday morning cartoon in the comics section of the newspaper. There are no beautiful details.

I did like the art of STAR WARS: THE SCREAMING CITADEL 1 by Marco Checchetto and Andres Mossa*(Colour Artist). It wasn't as detailed as STAR WARS 31-32, but it was clean and pretty. (And how dapper did Luke look in a tux?)

So, in conclusion I would rate the story a 2 out of 5, but am I am giving this a 3 out of 5 Citadels because of Salvador Larroca and Edgar Delgado's gorgeous artwork.
Reply   Post New Thread