Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Since you are about to read Outlander, I can post my review that I did on that.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great idea.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Stars; 1/5

Quote:
Thank the Lord Jesus I finished the book. It was almost a DNF. It was horrible, just plain horrible. It read like a really really bad fic written by a 12 year old. Since it was rated pretty decent not to mention pretty much number 1 on majority of the NA related lists, I thought it would of been good. I wanted to give up after not even the first two chapters.

Travis is everything I hate in male love interest. And so not realistic at all. No one guy has every single lady throwing themselves at him like that. I've seen this type in many books and fics, and very unrealistic. I'm sorry you meet the one woman to tell you no and you can tell she's different? And you fall in love and completely change? Yeah not buying that.

The writing style sucked. Not to mention everything happened way to fast. Wasn't one of the plot points was suppose to be that Abbey's best friend America followed her to this college, yet we barely got anything with these two. America was too busy stuck up her boyfriend's ass, who also happened to be Travis' cousin. And not to mention she had met him when school started. Which I'm assuming that this book picks up not long after they arrive. Already she's spending all her time with him and spending every night with him and not in her dorm? Whatever.

In first meeting Travis, unlike every other girl on campus she's not interested. So that gets Travis' attention and convinces her to come over later with America. Upon arriving Travis declares he's hungry and gets Abbey to come with him. With really takes no convincing at all. So minutes upon arriving to hang out, she leaves her best friend to go get something to eat with a guy she barely knows and wants to avoid? *roll eyes* Not to mention Travis can't believe there's someone that doesn't have any interest in him? Oh no! Say it isn't so! And because of this he decides they should be friends. Which we saw no development of friendship at all! And when the hot water goes out Travis and Shepley insists they both come stay with them until it gets fixed. And Travis insists Abbey sleeps in the bed with him, no sex just sleep. And she agrees?! GTFO of here.

There's so much wrong with this book I can't even begin. Both Shepley and Travis is suppose to be in this frat but they are hardly ever involve. Yeah...no.... They should of left that out. Or the underground fight club? In college? Nope.... Speaking of college, the college setting made no sense what so ever. Would of probably been better if they weren't in college. When Travis breaks out in song and gets the whole cafeteria to be his backup? Or how once Travis and Abbey do get together, he goes head over heels in love. HE WENT AND GOT A TATTOO OF HIS NICKNAME FOR HER. WTF plus another tattoo of a quote about love. Which that not to bad. Plus he's already talking about putting a ring on her finger! She was really freaked out, yet she let is slide. Really?! WTF.

Now I did like the whole Vegas scene. Abbey was hiding a lot. The book should of focus more on that. But that didn't last. Abbey's roommate at one point asked her if she knew what co dependency was. She nailed it on the head. Their relationship wasn't healthy. He couldn't function without her. Or how he never told his father and brothers they broke up and he manipulated her into still going to his family for Thanksgiving, and even going the night before to stay the night. Not only that his dad is already calling her a Maddox and his brothers are calling her sis? It's barely been 2 months at this point. Or how he sees her out with another guy and tells her that he has a big fight and needs her there. Oh look he snaps his fingers and she goes running. And then he admits to her it was partly to show Parker that she is his. I wish they would of gave Abbey and Parker more of a chance. I liked them, and thought Parker would of been good for her.

I ended up skimming a lot of the end. I'm not even sure how or why they got back together. And the end... WTF I mean yes come on you are in love. But you are young. I don't want to say what happens...but....

I knew I should of stopped reading last night. But I was curious. And then as I got more towards the end...well you can't look away from a train wreck. But seriously they should just take Beautiful out of the title and have the book name as Disaster.

April
Old 09-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

O.M.G - I could not agree with you more! I hated...no, LOATH the book. I could not understand the number of good reviews on goodreads! Readers posted how much they loved the book and it was the primary reason why I picked it up thinking it was something new or a fresh story. I hated Travis and thought Abby was an idiot and I could not, would not, believe any young adult would be THAT stupid.

Your review gives me faith in humanity once more.

I have never hated a book more. 1 star even that seems like a stretch.

Last edited by CityGal; 09-02-2014 at 11:11 AM
CityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. Some of the things in that book made me roll my eyes or was too excessive.. like the whole marriage thing? Yeah, Travis definitely isn't my kind of guy, but I found it entertaining, but not great.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
O.M.G - I could not agree with you more! I hated...no, LOATH the book. I could not understand the number of good reviews on goodreads! Readers posted how much they loved the book and it was the primary reason why I picked it up thinking it was something new or a fresh story. I hated Travis and thought Abby was an idiot and I could not, would not, believe any young adult would be THAT stupid.

Your review gives me faith in humanity once more.

I have never hated a book more. 1 star even that seems like a stretch.
I hated 50 Shades of Gray, and I think I hated this book more than that one.

April
Old 09-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have both the sequel and the spinoff. We'll see if they're better.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

OUT OF THE DEEP I CRY - JULIA SPENCER-FLEMING
BOOK REVIEW 4/5 stars
THE WHOLE REVIEW HERE
Old 09-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for your review!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Amandine - Adele griffin
BOOK RATING : 5/5 stars

the whole review here
Old 09-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting
Old 09-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Blood Games (Chicagoland Vamps #10)-Chloe Neill
4/5 Stars

Quote:
A good improvement over the last few books. But still wasn't amazing. I liked it all right.

I loved the amounts of Mallory and Merit we got in this. So glad they are getting back on track with their friendship. Wished we got to see a little bit more of Catcher. His fierceness and protectiveness over Mallory at the situation at the end of the book.

Also not enough of Luc or even Lindsey. Lindsey is suppose to be Merit's other best friend yet we hardly get any scenes with them. Them two on ops together is hilarious.

Ethan's secret...well even though I figured it out half way through I was hoping it wasn't all to it. It was lame. There wasn't anything to protect Merit over, not wanting her to know the truth. Even Merit said it's not a big deal. Ok so he thought she would probably run the other way if she knew, he pretty much did that in not telling her. All he was doing was pushing her away, almost guaranteeing they wouldn't last.

I need more interactions with Jonah and the RG. Right now I feel like Merit has almost nothing to do with them, except when it suits her and Ethan. It almost feels like she is just using them as a tool. I've always enjoyed Jonah and Merit interactions. And loved the Con they went to, and how much of "celebrities" they have become.

I pretty much knew about half way through that Ethan wouldn't win the GP. However, I was surprised who did win. I really didn't see that one coming, nor what she did at the end. Kind of reminds me of the American Revolution all over again. I did love how the remainder GP members at the end, who happen to all be British, turned that tv off so no one could see what they were discussing. I don't believe this is the last that we see of them.

Overall, the book was good. Loved the murder mystery. And while they were on good terms, loved all the Ethan and Merit.

April
Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks. I was just reading that on GR