Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
They did

There is gonna be a TV series on this book.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20821614-you
Thanks for sharing that
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I start watching A series of Unfortunate Events and I like it.. Plus I love the baby, Sunny.. She's so cute!.

It's a fantastic book series, too.

Picked it up in the library on a whim with my son, and he loved the first book. Went back for the next one, and took it to school to read cause he wouldn't put it down. The other kids in the class started asking him about it, and now the entire class is hooked. They love it! Tho one of the dads told me he rushed to buy the whole set because it was the first book series his son can't put down! He thanked us.

Highly recommend it to any young ones you may know.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ So far, I need to borrow book 4, but hopefully since I have too many books to read..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-15-2017, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A film adaptation of the late Vince Flynn's novel American Assassin is scheduled for a September release with Dylan O'Brien portraying Mitch Rapp.

I only just found out about this and it's rocking my world.

Dylan O’Brien’s Mitch Rapp Movie ‘American Assassin’ Targets Fall Date | Deadline 3/20/2017
Quote:
Lionsgate/CBS Films’ American Assassin will open in theaters September 15. The film, directed by Michael Cuesta, is based on the bestselling Vince Flynn novel series, with Dylan O’Brien starring as title character Mitch Rapp, a CIA black ops recruit who carries out covert counter-terrorist operations. Michael Keaton stars as Stan Hurley, Rapp’s instructor.

The pair are enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan) to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on military and civilian targets. Together the three discover a pattern in the violence leading them to a joint mission with a lethal Turkish agent (Shiva Negar) to stop a mysterious operative (Taylor Kitsch) intent on starting a world war in the Middle East.

Deadline originally broke the news about the project and O’Brien’s attachment.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Nick Wechsler are producing from a script by Stephen Schiff.
Release date: September 15, 2017

Studio: Lionsgate

Director:Michael Cuesta

MPAA Rating:N/A

Screenwriter: Stephen Schiff

Starring: Michael Keaton, Dylan O'Brien, Taylor Kitsch, Sanaa Lathan, Shiva Negar

Genre: Thriller, Action
Read more at American Assassin - ComingSoon.net

Last edited by CityGal; 04-15-2017 at 12:38 AM
Old 04-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds interesting
Old 04-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I heard about that, but I wonder was the book good? I mean, I read half of people don't like it and other love it.. I was like eh on that..

is that what you want?

Old 04-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The book is excellent, if you like political espionage thrillers. This is the first chronological ordinal book in the series (11th published) and introduces the character Mitch Rapp before he becomes a CIA counter-terrorism Operative. Not only does he have to fight terrorist abroad, but also the cut-throat world of American politics.

He's a complex well-crafted character that develops and matures over the course of the 13 book series. For some, the character is too brash, too hot-headed, but he's young. For me Dylan O'Brien doesn't come across as mature or manly enough, and that's probably because all I've seen of him is Teen Wolf, playing a kid in HS.

If you enjoy the Bourne movies and novels, this is in the same vein except it's very much about today's terrorist, and for some that's a little uncomfortable topic.

Last edited by CityGal; 04-15-2017 at 11:35 PM
Old 04-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, I was going to ask if its similar to the Bourne Movies.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Ah, I was going to ask if its similar to the Bourne Movies.
Jason Bourne covert agent skills meets Jack Ryan (Patriot Games) political world of today's jihadi terrorism (plus a little romance weaved in).

It's an extremely popular series.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
The book is excellent, if you like political espionage thrillers. This is the first chronological ordinal book in the series (11th published) and introduces the character Mitch Rapp before he becomes a CIA counter-terrorism Operative. Not only does he have to fight terrorist abroad, but also the cut-throat world of American politics.

He's a complex well-crafted character that develops and matures over the course of the 13 book series. For some, the character is too brash, too hot-headed, but he's young. For me Dylan O'Brien doesn't come across as mature or manly enough, and that's probably because all I've seen of him is Teen Wolf, playing a kid in HS.

If you enjoy the Bourne movies and novels, this is in the same vein except it's very much about today's terrorist, and for some that's a little uncomfortable topic.
Ahh, thanks.. I hope that the movie wasn't go too similar to the Borne movies..

is that what you want?

Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! I'll def check the movie out for sure.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Ahh, thanks.. I hope that the movie wasn't go too similar to the Borne movies..
Depends. It's not a conspiracy heavy movie, but it is character driven (at least in the books, not sure how the films will mirror the novels' stories). And Mitch Rapp gets frustrated with the bureaucracy that holds him/team back from going after the baddies.

I guess the controversy stems from one's political POV. Author Vince Flynn is unabashedly pro American, pro Western civilization, and makes it clear that the terrorizing jihadis are the enemy. Government bureaucracies and moral relativists political players are sometimes maddeningly frustrating, and in some sense villainous, but not evil. Not sure if the Dylan O'Brian films will stay close to the books in that regard or embrace a more creative license with the story.

I'm just curious to how true to Flynn's story the film will follow. The first movie trailer has been released.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Ah, glad that it wasn't heavy on conspiracy bec sometimes I hate it when it turn out..

Hopefully that I can read or watch the movie..

is that what you want?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Has anyone been watching Famous in Love?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread