Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Bibliophil- a place to share your book collection

http://bibliophil.org/default.asp
I heard about this site through BookCrossing and I immediately started adding my books. You can add the books you own, make a wishlist, review books you've read, buy books, sell books, and make buddies and lend and borrow books with them or give them recommendations.

Here's my library, for anyone who might want to look at it: http://bibliophil.org/library/UserLi...sp?userid=1766
Old 05-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting this, Soz.
This site seems to be an excellent one for all the books fanatics that we are, with the user's own library, book recommendations, wish list etc...

I might want to have my own library but I'll probably spend weeks trying to put all my books in it...

Soz, I've checked yours, and I thought I might kick you for having some of the greatest books ever and never reading them.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StellaSlight
Thanks for posting this, Soz.
This site seems to be an excellent one for all the books fanatics that we are, with the user's own library, book recommendations, wish list etc...

I might want to have my own library but I'll probably spend weeks trying to put all my books in it...

Soz, I've checked yours, and I thought I might kick you for having some of the greatest books ever and never reading them.
No problem.

Yeah, it took me a while to add all of mine.

I know, I'm working on it though. The problem is that there's a used bookstore right up the road, so I buy much faster than I can read. Lately, the bookstore hasn't had much though, so I'm buying less- and I'm reading a lot more now than I have for a while, so maybe I'll catch up eventually.

Last edited by Soz; 05-30-2004 at 05:34 PM
Soz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh god, this is too much fun!! I'm gonna be busy for HOURS
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 03:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's a great site, thanks for sharing it Soz

You have a fantastic book collection, I noticed several that I want to get myself, but I know what you mean about buying far more books than you can actually get around to read. I have several hundred on my shelves that I bought months and months ago and have not looked at yet.

I think I may start my own library.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

Sal and Star , if you guys start a library of yours, you definately have to tell me. I'm particularly interested in your wish list...
Old 05-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Star5
That's a great site, thanks for sharing it Soz

You have a fantastic book collection, I noticed several that I want to get myself, but I know what you mean about buying far more books than you can actually get around to read. I have several hundred on my shelves that I bought months and months ago and have not looked at yet.

I think I may start my own library.
I'm happy to share awesome sites like this.

Thank you. Most of my collection is thanks to the used bookstore and recommendations from here and a few other online forums. One of my problems is that so many of the books I read are part of a series and I usually buy the whole series before I even think about reading it.

If you do start your own library, I'd love to add you as a buddy. Same goes for Profaine Angel.

I think I'll go start my wish list now.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Oh, such a cool site. I just created my library. It'll take me forever to get it updated though. I probabaly need to spend some time this summer to update it more properly, one of the hassles for me is that I own quite a lot of books in Swedish, and actually remember what their original title takes me a bit of time.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

that site is fun but it will require a long time to fullfill the library. And [b]Maxi[/i], I just have the same problem than you because most of my earlier books are in French, and I have a hard time figuring out what the English titles are.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Anyhow, I will put up a link to my library later, when I'm more familiar with the site.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow Soz you sure have a collection

OK I've begun mine.. http://bibliophil.org/library/UserLi...sp?userid=1987 it's still nowhere near even half-done though. I haven't even finished just the books in my room and it's really slanted towards kids books because for some reason I can remember every single children's book I own but the others I have to check on to jog my memory

It also sadly shows my habit of buying more than I have time to read
Old 06-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've started my library, although I've only added a handful of books so far. I've sent buddy requests to you guys
Old 06-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Soz
One of my problems is that so many of the books I read are part of a series and I usually buy the whole series before I even think about reading it.
I'm always doing that too And quite often when you buy them secondhand you can't always get the first in the series to begin with, so in that case you sometimes do have to wait and buy a whole pile as and when you see them before you can start reading. It's actually quite nice to have a whole pile sat waiting for you. Then when you read book one and love it, you know you've got plenty more to come

I'm having a mental shortage at the moment How do I get the link to post for my collection? Also does anyone know whether you can bulk add books for your library, or do they all have to be done individually?
Old 06-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Profaine Angel, yeah, it has grown quite out of control in the past few years.

Star5, ugh, I always have that problem of picking up a book from the middle of a series. A lot of times they don't say anywhere obvious that they are part of a series either. Then the library doesn't have all of the books from the series either, so I feel compelled to buy the whole thing!

I got the link for my collection from the bottom of the Spread the Word page. There's a link for it on the left hand side of the home page.

I've buddied everyone and checked out all of the libraries. I really like that any books we have in common are highlighted.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Soz

I got the link for my collection from the bottom of the Spread the Word page. There's a link for it on the left hand side of the home page.
That link was SO hard to find! And then when I needed it a second time, I just couldn't remember where I got it from

Quote:

I've buddied everyone and checked out all of the libraries. I really like that any books we have in common are highlighted.
it does?? oh excellent I really have to delve deep into your libraries - I'm still adding to mine though! I don't know whether to also add books I have read but don't own though...
Reply   Post New Thread