Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Total Fan

Bernard Cornwell #1 - Because swords can sing!

The is the App thread for Bernard Cornwell excellent work.
I'm a big fan and read over 10 books!

Let's discuss his amazing historic romances!

Couldn't find any thread about him!
Samwise Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Supreme Fan

I started reading The Last Kingdom a little while back and really liked it. I just didn't get to finish it before I moved and now it's in a box in my garage until I move out again. Someday though I will finish it But really, I think he's a good writer and does really well with his environment.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

Oh you really must finish it!
That story arc is amazing! Still on the go!

I'm finishin Azincourt (Agincourt)! It's a great one!!

I just love Mr. Cornwell!!
He's great!!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Does he have any other series I can work on while my books are still boxed up? I probably won't have access to them for quite some time and I'd really like to read something else of his.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Total Fan

There are plenty of series!!

Take a look...

Arthur Books:
The Winter King
Enemy of God
Excalibur

The Grail Quest:
Harlequin/The Archer's Tale
Vagabond
Heretic

There are also other books... There is the Sharpe series (didn't read any of them yet), the Stonehenge book (just one)... And many others...
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Alright, cool. Thanks for that. I'll try to find one of those tomorrow at the bookstore
Old 10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Total Fan

Great!
Don't forget to tell me the chosen one!

Old 10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (View Post)
Great!
Don't forget to tell me the chosen one!

I will. I'm actually going to go tomorrow with my grandmother, though the bookstore is kind of small so I really don't know how much choice I'll have. If I can't find any of the books I'll have to wait until I can go into the city and go to the larger Borders. The bookstore that's close by is just at the mall and is fairly small, so they don't always have a great selection. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Total Fan

I don't know around the world... but here in Brazil, Bernard Cornwell is very popular. You can find his books everywhere! Hope you can get it.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Supreme Fan

I found a few of his books but they were all from the same series as The Last Kingdom, which I have but didn't finish so I really didn't want to get them and jump ahead. I'll be going over to the big bookstore soon, though, so I'll try to find something of his that I can read. I don't think Bernard Cornwell is super popular in the US. To be honest, I'd never heard of him until I got The Last Kingdom at a used bookstore in my hometown.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Total Fan

Really?
Wow...

Here in Brazil he's very popular.
But that Twilight lady is everywhere!!

Well... I hope you can get it so we can talk about it.
Looks like we are alone here!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Haha, I think so. I'll probably be able to go by the end of the week, so as soon as I get a copy, I'll read it really quickly and then we can talk. Which ones have you read, other than Agincourt.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Total Fan

Man... I'm almost finishin Agincourt... and it's gettin even better. I love BC. The english army is facing the french army for the real Agincourt battle... I got late to my job, cause I was reading it. haha

Well... I read the Arthur books (3), the Quest for the grail books (3), Saxon series (4 so far) and Stonehenge. Didn't get into Sharpe series yet.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I should be going to the bigger bookstore sometime early next week. I'd like to get Agincourt because it looks really interesting and maybe the first books in The Grail Quest and The Arthur Books. It's really just going to depend on what I can find there and what books they have that won't start me off in the middle of a series.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
I should be going to the bigger bookstore sometime early next week. I'd like to get Agincourt because it looks really interesting and maybe the first books in The Grail Quest and The Arthur Books. It's really just going to depend on what I can find there and what books they have that won't start me off in the middle of a series.
Agincourt just got to stores, so you'll probably find!
Better read Agincourt before start a series... and try the Arthur books before the grail quest! They're a bit better!
Reply   Post New Thread