Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful Creatures/Dangerous Creatures l Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl #3: Because this series just has a magical touch

Beautiful Creatures

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she’s struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town’s oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.

Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending
Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series
Also available:

Movie

TBR February 1st 2013

Alden Ehrenreich ... Ethan Wate
Alice Englert ... Lena Duchaness
Zoey Deutch ... Emily Asher
Emmy Rossum ... Ridley Duchaness
Jeremy Irons ... Macon Ravenwood
Emma Thompson ... Mrs. Lincoln / Sarafine
Viola Davis ... Amma
Kyle Gallner ... Larkin

Fans
01. JensensGurl07
02. water lilies
03. Stay to the Lights
04. Shadowhunter
05. KOUAT12
06. lulu-144
07. baelfire24
08. KnifeLuv

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 10-21-2013 at 07:40 AM
water lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting, Belle.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the new thread, Belle
dive into you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

You know I ended up liking this series a lot more than I thought I would, expect for Beautiful Darkness, I kind of have a love/hate with that book.

And I really loved the movie, like a lot, though the ending I'm still kind of, why didn't you stick closer to the books, but I think the castings, especially for Ethan and Lean were really spot on, Ethan's casting really surprise me, I wasn't sold until I actually saw him on screen.
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ethan's casting was my favorite part of the film. I wish it had done better at the box-office for us to get the other books into movies.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I am hoping the upcoming weeks does better. I SO want a sequel
Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Yes Ethan's casting was the best. I loved him. I really a sequel as well, especiallyreal with now they left it. I really don't want it to turn it into all those other YA books to movies that never got another movie.
Ria
Old 02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Oh the movie is out all ready? I'm so behind Aside from The Hobbit I don't really go to the theatre anymore
Tomorrow's skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

its already out =)

TFTNT <3 im happy with ethans casting too and i def want a sequel

im planning to read the other books soon

{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by water lilies (View Post)
Ethan's casting was my favorite part of the film. I wish it had done better at the box-office for us to get the other books into movies.
I agree.

Kind of broke my heart a bit to see this not do better, esp since the series is really popular.

beautiful creatures
Fearlessღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah me too. Its still an underrated series compared to a lot of books though.

And its #1 in Australia, I feel good about that
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

I only ever saw promotion online, and I don't think Valentine's was the best option for its release.

I'll definitely watch it, but I can wait. I think I'm more interested in the side characters (Thompson and Irons)
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

I saw a million and one preview for the movie, I'm pretty sure every time I was watching TV a preview came on, but I watch a lot of ABC Family and The CW, still though.

I think the things that hurt the movie are: the constant comparing it to Twilight (when let's face it aside from being a YA fantasy series with one mortal character and one supernatural character that fall in love) they really aren't alike) and how different it was from the book. After all the previews I think a lot of fans new they changed a bunch of stuff and they might have decided not to go see it, which I think is dumb, but still.

I really think it's too bad, because it really was a good movie on it's own.
Ria
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

I still don't know what they were thinking with Riley I think that was the most blatant change.

Comparing it to Twilight certainly wouldn't have worked for me, I haven't and will never watch those movies

I had cable at my last place, but the new place doesn't. I didn't see anything at the time.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ridley was the biggest change I could see.

And yea, the comparisons kind of did hurt. Apparently, Alice and Alden were pitched the movie as "twilight meets romeo&juliet" which is such a horrible pitch.

By for the books, I'm almost done with redemption, my second time around. I like that this was really a southern gothic feel to it. Yu don't see that much anymore... O at least in the ones I've been reading

beautiful creatures
Fearlessღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread