Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

August was a pretty bad reading month for me, but I'll definitely be re-reading this soon
Tomorrow's skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well I finished reading this last week and I really enjoyed it. I liked the modern story more than the historical one (which was different for me with this author as I usually like them about equally). The two present day leads had great chemistry even in a book. I liked how it connected to The Winter Sea though. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Kearsley though, I have 2 of her newer ones on my amazon wish list hehe.
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

I preferred the modern day story as well, but I did like the historical one quite a bit too. I've since read The Winter Sea and The Rose Garden, but neither has topped Firebird for me.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 AM
New Fan

okay I will start, once I have time. But I have own 100 + with different serieses.
One of the best of mine e.g. 'Good Night'.
KJHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow's skies (View Post)
I preferred the modern day story as well, but I did like the historical one quite a bit too. I've since read The Winter Sea and The Rose Garden, but neither has topped Firebird for me.
I've not read The Rose Garden but I'm willing to give all of her books a chance. I've liked parts of all three I've read with The Winter Sea being my favorite. I think both it and this one would be great movies or even miniseries.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

I've liked every book I've read, but I really really liked Firebird I liked the Winter Sea, but because I read it after Fb it just wasn't as good. I really liked Nicola's timeline and the psychic element, so the writer's arc in WS just wasn't the same.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's fair. I guess I liked both since the psychic part of Firebird kept me interested and the writer's part of Winter Sea. I've always thought mental abilities were really cool to read about and I have always been so fascinated with writing, wanting to write one book myself in fact.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

It was interesting I just found Fb had a little more depth I guess, I felt like I was there most times.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's a good point too, Susanna Kearsley is so great with her details, it feels like you're there with the characters most of the time.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, this was back from 2013
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow!

This is what I am listening to right now. I am loving it.

The narrator is great with accents and men's voices too.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The narrator, Katherine Kellgren is one of my favs. She also narrated My Lady Jane. I'll get most anything she's narrated. She's so good with Scottish and English accents. I was shocked to find out she was American.

RIP Katherine
Old 09-19-2021, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am surprised that she was American because she was excellent at accents.

I still have to listen to My Lady Jane.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She is good at tricking people.

Maybe listen before the year is up?
Old 09-21-2021, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow's skies (View Post)
I've liked every book I've read, but I really really liked Firebird I liked the Winter Sea, but because I read it after Fb it just wasn't as good. I really liked Nicola's timeline and the psychic element, so the writer's arc in WS just wasn't the same.
I'm the opposite. I read WS first and loved it. I cried.

Fb I really like it. It's funny and I do love the characters.

But I still love WS more.

I am waiting for the twist in Fb... I feel like she usually adds a twist.
Reply   Post New Thread