Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anna Godbersen (Luxe Series, Bright Young Things Series) #3: We can't wait for BYT!

Welcome to Anna Godbersen Appreciation Thread: Author of 'The Luxe' Series and 'Bright Young Things' Series

The Luxe

A big, sumptuous tale of catty girls, dark secrets and windswept romance unfurls in this compulsively readable novel of late-19th-century New York City socialites. Godbersen weaves a tenuous web of deceit, backstabbing and pretense that follows four teens: Elizabeth Holland, a prim and proper lady of old-money society, is betrothed to one man, though furtively loves another; Henry Schoonmaker, a debauched playboy who must marry Elizabeth or be disinherited; Diana Holland, Elizabeth’s younger sister who is in love with her fiancé; and Penelope Hayes, a member of the nouveau riche who will stop at nothing to win Henry’s affections. As Elizabeth and Henry’s wedding approaches, the spectacle unfolds in a wondrously grandiose scene, making for a fun, though not entirely unexpected dénouement. A delicious new twist along the Gossip Girl vein, readers will clamor for this sharp, smart drama of friends, lovers, lies and betrayal.

To be published on October 12th

Bright Young Things

Bright Young Things is the first in an epic four-book series about three teenage girls finding their way in the glittering metropolis of New York City and the glamorous mansions of Long Island. It’s 1929 and Letty Haubstadt and Cordelia Grey have escaped their small Midwestern town to chase big dreams and even bigger secrets. In New York, they meet Astrid Donal, a flapper who has everything she could ever want, except for the one thing Letty and Cordelia have to offer—true friendship. Set in the dizzying summer before the market crash, against the vast lawns of the East End and on the blindingly lit stages of Broadway, the three girls will find romance, intrigue, and adventure.

Just as The Luxe books brought the Gilded Age to readers of Gossip Girl, Bright Young Things will bring the Jazz Age to bestselling author Anna Godbersen’s devoted fans and to new readers alike

Beautiful Days

In this must-have sequel to Bright Young Things, Cordelia and Letty are small-town girls no longer. Letty is ready at last to chase her Broadway dreams. Cordelia thought she lost her true love, but a chance meeting will change her fortune—and her future. The unflappable flapper Astrid Donal has promised herself to Charlie Grey, Cordelia’s half-brother, but isn’t sure their love is true enough to survive. And a bitter rivalry will ensnare them all in a dangerous feud played out in the speakeasies of Manhattan and on the great lawns of Long Island. As these bright young things live out their beautiful days in the summer of 1929, they find romance and heartbreak, adventure and intrigue, new friends and unexpected rivals.

Fans of The Luxe series, A Great and Terrible Beauty, Martin Scorsese’s hit HBO series Boardwalk Empire, and, of course, The Great Gatsby, will delight in the Jazz Age setting, a time when girls were enjoying newfound freedom and excitement could be found behind any door in Manhattan.

Official Site

The Luxe Books Webiste

Last edited by water lilies; 04-15-2011 at 07:16 PM
water lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Chrissy |
red velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread I forgot how pretty the covers were.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

I know it's early but should there be a separate thread for the other series when it comes out? I'd personally find it easier to all be in one
Old 08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Plus I think that most people who pick up the new series will have read the old one.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."
FreedomsBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'd think so. I will be one of those
Old 08-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're all welcome for the new thread. We could talk about her new books in this thread, as well. We should probably change the thread to just an 'Anna Godbersen Appreciation Thread' though. We can change it later when it's closer to October, if we still don't want to start a new one for her other series.

I might add some stuff to the OP later.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We should probably change the thread to just an 'Anna Godbersen Appreciation Thread' though.
Agreed.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Or Anna Godbersen/Luxe
Old 08-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

actually thats a good idea haha
The Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I'll change it.

Some sneak peeks to BYT!

MEET BRIGHT YOUNG THING, CORDELIA GREY

The wait is almost over! The author of the Luxe series, Anna Godbersen, has written a new series called BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS. It's alive with the frenetic energy of the roaring twenties, and there are three irresistible heroines at its heart. In Chapter One, we meet Cordelia Grey, with her high, fine cheekbones, and her honey-and-bark colored hair. What's in store for Cordelia and her big city dreams? Read Chapter One and find out.

MEET BRIGHT YOUNG THING, LETTY HAUBSTADT

In Chapter Two, we meet Letty Haubstadt, who's eyes stand out like two pure blue planets against the white oval of her face. Letty dreams of Manhattan's bright lights. But does she have the courage to leave everything else behind to chase her big city dreams? Read Chapter Two and find out.

Read Prologue
Read Chapter 1
Read Chapter 2
Old 08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those. I think I'll wait until the book comes out though, might get confused otherwise
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm too tempted. I'm going to read them tomorrow, since I'm too tired to read them on my computer screen right now.

I noticed her blog made a typo with 'who's eyes' in the character description though.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for the links! I'm going to practice self-control and not read them.

I love the name Cordelia.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top