Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Stand ins are those people that you often see only blurry in some part of the screen from behind when one character is speaking to another in one scene? Like when juliette speaks to avery and you see avery talking and only a blond head from behind, is that the stand in?
Body doubles are the people who would appear on screen. Stand ins are usually the same physical shape (height/weight) as the star and are there for technical purposes like setting up lighting or blocking a scene so the star doesn't have to just stand around while they do that stuff. I once knew someone who was a stand in on a pretty well known movie. A movie was in their area and they went in as a lark to be an extra but instead got chosen as a stand in so they got paid. I think they had a normal stand in in LA but needed someone for location.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Promo stills for episode one and two of the new season.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

To the question of Lethally Floral if this cult is anything like scientology, I'd say yes if you look at picture number 6 in he album. You see the name in the background. Something about coherent philosophy and a pyrymid with rays above it. It definitely looks the way most of these cults do that are often inspired by the original and oldest cults and secret societies in the western world like freemasonry and others, which often use or used symbols from old cultures like egypt, greece etc.

Last edited by Arrakis; 12-12-2017 at 07:27 AM
Old 12-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Body doubles are the people who would appear on screen. Stand ins are usually the same physical shape (height/weight) as the star and are there for technical purposes like setting up lighting or blocking a scene so the star doesn't have to just stand around while they do that stuff. I once knew someone who was a stand in on a pretty well known movie. A movie was in their area and they went in as a lark to be an extra but instead got chosen as a stand in so they got paid. I think they had a normal stand in in LA but needed someone for location.
Lethal Floral, Thanks for explaining how and why we have stand in's and answered my question that stand in's called for a particular scene on the call times is only used for the actor they match weight and height wise!
Old 12-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Promo stills for episode one and two of the new season.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

To the question of Lethally Floral if this cult is anything like scientology, I'd say yes if you look at picture number 6 in he album. You see the name in the background. Something about coherent philosophy and a pyrymid with rays above it. It definitely looks the way most of these cults do that are often inspired by the original and oldest cults and secret societies in the western world like freemasonry and others, which often use or used symbols from old cultures like egypt, greece etc.
I know Hayden will bring her great acting chops to this story arc but still not looking forward to seeing Juliette follow a cult of any kind since episode one she is a leader who doesn't take any orders from anyone! I also don't like she is being brainwashed to start a new life and ready to leave behind Avery and Cadence again if he doesn't want to be one of Darius's followers! I don't like these writers are having Javery be put thru one obstacle after another since they fell in love and just have some happiness especially since it is the last season! I do feel she will finally snap out this Darius Cult trance and go home to the two loves of her life in Avery and Cadence by episode eight of season six! I also feel she will because I think the second half of season six will start whole new story arcs with Javery+1, Deacon, the girls, Scarlett, and Gunner to finish the series off right at least I hope they will !

Last edited by gannet123; 12-12-2017 at 03:37 PM
Old 12-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannet123 (View Post)
I know Hayden will bring her great acting chops to this story arc but still not looking forward to seeing Juliette follow a cult of any kind since episode one she is a leader who doesn't take any orders from anyone! I also don't like she is being brainwashed to start a new life and ready to leave behind Avery and Cadence again if he doesn't want to be one of Darius's followers! I don't like these writers are having Javery be put thru one obstacle after another since they fell in love and just have some happiness especially since it is the last season! I do feel she will finally snap out this Darius Cult trance and go home to the two loves of her life in Avery and Cadence by episode eight of season six! I also feel she will because I think the second half of season six will start whole new story arcs with Javery+1, Deacon, the girls, Scarlett, and Gunner to finish the series off right at least I hope they will !
Where did you read this about Avery? Is she giving him an ultimatum?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Where did you read this about Avery? Is she giving him an ultimatum?
No there was no preview or spoiler Juliette gives Avery an ultimatum! I should have said this what I feel is going to happen even though I would much rather have Juliette not trust this guy, reclaim her musical career, life with the two loves of her life (Avery&Cadence), and be the firecracker with a big heart of gold for everyone she loves!
Old 12-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Total Fan

^ Yes, I agree.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Ugh. I found the TWD midseason finale to be written really bad in parts. I mean the saviors after having been mostly killed and inprisoned with 100s of walkers, suddenly came out as if it was nothing and again have as many soldiers as in season 7??? That makes no sense at all. In the comics this is written better for sure. Also rick has negan on the ground and doesn't kill him...smh.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gosh I just need her to be okay in her life, for once

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 12-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Oops i posted that in the wrong thread lol.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Total Fan

^ Stuff happens.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't we have a happy ending

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 12-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We'll probably get happy endings. They might be unbelievable but I can see everything wrapping up into a nice bow at the end.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
We'll probably get happy endings. They might be unbelievable but I can see everything wrapping up into a nice bow at the end.
I agree with you Lethal Floral! I feel they will have Juliette out of this Darius cult by the last episode of season 6 A with Javery's love for each other winning out in the end! Then in season 6 B I can still see the writers having Juliette still not wanting to sing for a living anymore with Avery being torn about his music career/love for singing over choosing his love for Juliette & them starting a whole new life together with Cadence out of the music business. He will of course pick his love for Juliette and they will finally get remarried by the last episode of the show!

To me it would be happy but unbelievable because Juliette has loved to sing whether she was happy,sad,depressed,ticked off, and shunned by her fans in the past and still sang for a career why now? Avery also has been about the music since we met him too and the old Juliette of the past wouldn't have him choose but he really is in love with her & will do the right thing for Juliette and Cadence!
Old 12-18-2017, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

And what will Juliette do if she doesn't sing anymore?