Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2017, 05:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
As for the revoloution it depends on where the country heads. While russia or turkey very well need a revolution to get rid of their autocrats, america likely will never be at this point. So no a revolution won't be necessary I think.
There is no need for one here. We know we can get rid of our leader and leaders the next election cycle. Granted, we'll just get someone else that sucks from the other party if that happens.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Yeah fascism rarely ends peacefully. One would hope we'd never reach that point but they're not above making it hard for the other party to vote or declaring a state of emergency because of war.
It would look hypocritical of other party to do such a thing. Who gave him the ability to have so much executive power? The last two presidents did.

I do not support either party, nor am I a conservative or liberal. I see both have caused this problem. On the other hand. the far left is acting out of their minds.

Violence is not the answer.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbob (View Post)
It would look hypocritical of other party to do such a thing. Who gave him the ability to have so much executive power? The last two presidents did.

I do not support either party, nor am I a conservative or liberal. I see both have caused this problem. On the other hand. the far left is acting out of their minds.

Violence is not the answer.
As long as the right-winged won't start forbidding opinions and make "alternative acts" the only allowed ones, I'm sure there will never be the need of violence. In my opinion bernie would be good for president. But the establishment got rid of him in the primaries already.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
As long as the right-winged won't start forbidding opinions and make "alternative acts" the only allowed ones, I'm sure there will never be the need of violence. In my opinion bernie would be good for president. But the establishment got rid of him in the primaries already.
To be fair...leftists are the ones breaking and burning things when people they disagree with speak at their colleges.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbob (View Post)
To be fair...leftists are the ones breaking and burning things when people they disagree with speak at their colleges.
But imagine a right winged ultra conservative college and a leftists would want to talk there. Trust me rightists would react similar to some degree. Bc of the simple reason that all extremists react as the word imples with extreme measures. But while left extremists tend to destroy stuff and attack police officers, right extremists would attack the leftist directly and through stuff at him, while religious extremists both muslim, christian and jewish tend to directly kill others. But fact is extremist remains extremist and we have way to many of them.
I mean being at a university i get all kind of stuff. Some of the poeple in my classes there are radical left winged, some other radical right winged while others with questionable islamisitc views and again others are radical ecologist or radical capitalists. But too little have actually compassion or empathy. Everyone believes their own opinion is the only right one. The problem is not the direction poeple follow, the problem is the homo sapiens who is a primitive species with an underdevelopped brain that is only capable of one narrow view. At least that counts for a huge part of humanity. Sometimes i would just like to forbid poeple to think all together when i see what happens. When humans think and act nothing good happens.
Maybe, but just maybe one day people will realize how to organize a good society based on respect, equality, intelligence and empathy. That day I would be proud to be a human being. Until then i'm mostly disappointed with us.

Last edited by Arrakis; 02-02-2017 at 08:52 PM
Old 02-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In my opinion bernie would be good for president. But the establishment got rid of him in the primaries already.
I don't think Bernie would have been a good choice. He has been an extreme purist who trashed very real gains made by Obama and couldn't even speak intelligently about his own platform. I remember a NY Times interview where he couldn't answer basic questions about existing banking law.

He wasn't booted by the establishment. He booted himself by trashing the president and dismissing voters of color who make up the base of the party.
Quote:
Leftists or anarchists? Or sports fans? Cuz they do that too whether their team wins or loses.

And sometimes violence IS sadly the answer.

To be more fair, rightists have shot someone on a college campus. And are going into churches/mosques gunning down people of color at worship.

But I think the problems we're facing right now go far deeper than excutive powers so both sides arguments don't really convince me.