Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Chuck Vs. The Fear of Death (4x08) Episode Discussion

Chuck vs. the The Fear of Death

Airs November 15th, 8/7c

CHUCK FEARS THAT A MAJOR LOSS MAY END HIS SPY CAREER—AND HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH SARAH – ROB RIGGLE, SUMMER GLAU AND RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN GUEST STAR – Afraid that his latest setback is driving a wedge between him and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski), Chuck (Zachary Levi) resolves to prove himself by going on a dangerous mission with the overeager Agent Rye (guest star Rob Riggle). Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) and Casey (Adam Baldwin) scramble as the “Buy Morons” attempt to uncover the true identity of Greta (guest star Summer Glau). Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky and Bonita Friedericy also star.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Woot! Thanks Sarahoo~
Old 11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

No prob Can't wait for this one. Seems intense
Old 11-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the thread, Sara Can't wait!

Smoak & Arrow
❤
Sally | ♥ | ♪ | ✽
Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Thought it was a good episode. Glad Makeena was in it even if just for one scene.

Love how much Sarah showed she loved Chuck. She did say that one thing about him not being a spy but that was only because she was scared she would lose Chuck.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Passionate Fan

It was interesting that Alex suddenly seemed to know everything about Casey and Morgan being involved in the spy business when in an earlier ep Morgan had to lie to her to protect her from the spy life. Seemed a little strange.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought it was another solid episode as well. I always enjoy when shows run two kind of parallel stories, and I though the relationship issues between Chuck/Sarah and Casey/Morgan both were dealing with the fact that you need to let other people into your life, and to trust that they will accept you for how you are and not who you think they want you to be. And It was nice to see Casey be the first to really sort out his feelings before anyone else, he certainly has come along way since the start of the show.

The fact that Alex is in the know was a bit weird, but they did metion that Casey went over to her house and spent an hour staring at a fish tank and talking about an itchy trigger finger. I would definetly have called Morgan to figure out what the heck was going on after that.

I thought the "brain lock" was very interesting,. especially if the lock does have something to do with Sara. Frost told Chuck that Orion never wanted him to see what was on the PSP, so for the lock to have anything to do with Sarah is kind of weird.

And the promo for the next episode looks great, I just hope Awesome and Ellie get a few scenes to help fill in some of the blanks.

Gotta run the west coast feed is coming on and I cant wait to watch it again.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awelle (View Post)
It was interesting that Alex suddenly seemed to know everything about Casey and Morgan being involved in the spy business when in an earlier ep Morgan had to lie to her to protect her from the spy life. Seemed a little strange.
Well, he was lying about what was happening at that exact moment. Doesn't necessarily mean he's lied to her all along about all the spy stuff.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejad (View Post)
Well, he was lying about what was happening at that exact moment. Doesn't necessarily mean he's lied to her all along about all the spy stuff.
No, I know. She should have known about the spy stuff all along anyway because of how she was involved during the season 3 finale.

It just makes his lying to her in that exact moment a little less necessary. He could have just told her that there was a bad guy approaching and she needed to leave immediately. Even if he had been afraid of the bad guy overhearing he could have explained that there was danger and he needed her out of harms way afterwards.

It´s not that important, but I thought it was strange when it aired and it got even weaker now that it was confirmed that she knows about the spy stuff anyway.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Did anyone else cheer a little when Agent Rye got it in the back?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Did anyone else cheer a little when Agent Rye got it in the back?
He was kinda annoying. Chuck doesn´t lack the stones to be a spy. He proved that in the pilot when he risked everything to disarm that bomb instead of running away.

And Chuck´s relationship with Sarah clearly wasn´t the problem this time. If there is something technically wrong with the intersect, Chuck just overcoming some kind of imagined mental block won´t help. And he interrupted the massage. I mean we finally got both of them in their underwear and he must come between them. Stupid fat ninja guy.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 11-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

I thought it would have been a nice twist for Chuck realizing that he needed Sarah more than he needed the intersect was what removed the block. But, oh well. I like the direction it's going now, too.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I thought it would have been a nice twist for Chuck realizing that he needed Sarah more than he needed the intersect was what removed the block. But, oh well. I like the direction it's going now, too.
That would have been nice, but I think it looks as if there is really more than just a mental block. The PSP thing clearly did something. He did master his emotions enough to still flash last season, so I like that there seems to be more to it this time.

Otherwise it would have just been a rehash. And him realizing that he needed Sarah and wasn´t willing to give her up for anything was the resolution last time. So bring on some new stuff.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 11-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

True, true. Still, I kind of want to see him make amends to her after being wreckless only for the sake of getting the intersect back.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
True, true. Still, I kind of want to see him make amends to her after being wreckless only for the sake of getting the intersect back.
His admitting that he needed Sarah when he was hanging from the cabin kind of was enough for me. That was even after she told him he wasn´t a spy without the intersect.

I really understand him here. He wants to be a spy. Sarah loves him anyway, but I don´t think that is the issue. He also wants that for himself. Sarah gets a lot of confidence from being a great spy and Chuck clearly admires her for it. He needs some recognition as well.

Last ep he was wrong to ask her to trust him, because he was clearly compromised. (Which is also the reason he can´t really be faulted for that.) In this episode he had a very very good point.

Sarah just loves him so much, that her protective instincts override everything, but he clearly doesn´t want to be coddled that much and I think that is very understandable. He isn´t a child.

Chuck & Sarah