Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chuck vs. the Bullet Train (5x11) Episode Discussion

chuck vs. the bullet train
5x11 - episode discussion
CHUCK VERSUS THE BULLET TRAIN (TV-PG)

A MISSION ABOARD A JAPANESE BULLET TRAIN SPIRALS OUT OF CONTROL, PUTTING THOSE CLOSEST TO CARMICHAEL INDUSTRIES IN DANGER – ANGUS MACFADYEN GUEST STARS

When a mission in Japan becomes a hostage situation, Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Chuck (Zachary Levi) must face the merciless Nicholas Quinn (guest star Angus Macfadyen, "Braveheart") aboard a speeding Japanese bullet train. Meanwhile, the mission leaves Casey with an impossible decision. Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks!!can't believe that it's ending...
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thank you bb. I can't believe only 2 left after this.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

la la la not hearing what y'all are saying *will live in delusion land foreva*
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Were those opening credits and homage to something, or did they just switch it up as we are getting down to the wire?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow! What an ep! next week is it!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-C- (View Post)
Were those opening credits and homage to something, or did they just switch it up as we are getting down to the wire?
I have no idea - I didn't quite get that either.

But what an episode! Man, waiting a week to see the next episode is going to be hell. But at least the next episode title makes sense now.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-C- (View Post)
I've been racking my brain on it because it does look familiar, but I just can't see to get a handle on it. This is going to keep me up tongiht.

Isn't that Ben Browder from Farscape playing one of the bad guy who kidnapped Alex?
And I had a feeling that S&F was going to come full circle to where it all began. I think there is a strong chance we are going to get a scene at the beach.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

OMFG!!That's all I can say...what an episode!!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_1000 (View Post)
Isn't that Ben Browder from Farscape playing one of the bad guy who kidnapped Alex?
And I had a feeling that S&F was going to come full circle to where it all began. I think there is a strong chance we are going to get a scene at the beach.
Yes, it was Ben Browder. I had heard he was going to guest star but didn't know which episode.

Oh, I'd love a scene at the beach. Maybe with Chuck telling Sarah "Trust me."
Old 01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought it was kind of funny on the writer's part that they used the destination to be Yamashiro which means "mountain palace or castle" in Japanese and there is a Japanese mountain palace in the Hollywood hills that was imported in 1914 - the Yamashiro.

BTW: I've ridden the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto (where the Yamashiro mountains are located) several times and it does not look anything like what Churah rode in. The trip lasts less than 3 hours on the express lines, so no sleeping cars. And while they do sell bento's, snacks and drinks, it comes from a cart thats conveyed by the train attendant/hostess from car to car - not from a dining car.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well, it's Hollywood. They're allowed to take liberties for the sake of the story. It was the same with Honeymooners - there's no train like that on that route either, from what I hear.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah. It's not that I didn't like it, just kind of funny to me.

Speaking of Ben Browder guest starring, I wished they could have gotten Claudia Black as his partner in crime. I can't believe this series is coming to an end. It seems like only yesterday I was watching the pilot and knew this was something special when I saw "Bryce Larkin...Not an accountant".

Oh, well. All good things must come to an end...
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 AM
New Fan

What an ending. I hope there is actually a good ending to servers or ends in a good note not one of them dieing or both of them.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my god the ending I mean I know that Sarah has to remember Chuck in the end but it was just so so sad and how she was trying not to get the flashes and trying to remember them as Quinn was taking away Chuck and Sarah's wedding, their first kiss etc etc.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)