Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Chuck Versus First Class (3x05) Episode Discussion

Chuck vs. First Class
(January 25th @ 8pm)

CHUCK MUST GO ON HIS FIRST SOLO MISSION TO PARIS BUT HE’LL BE LUCKY TO SURIVE THE FLIGHT—KRISTIN KREUK ("SMALLVILLE"), BRANDON ROUTH ("SUPERMAN RETURNS") AND STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN ("WWE SMACKDOWN!") GUEST STAR—CIA agent Daniel Shaw (guest star Brandon Routh) assigns Chuck (Zachary Levi) to his first solo mission in Paris, ignoring Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Casey's (Adam Baldwin) wishes. During the flight to France, Chuck befriends Hannah (guest star Kristin Kreuk) and flashes on another passenger – the imposing Hugo Panzer (guest star Stone Cold Steve Austin). Meanwhile, Casey helps Morgan (Joshua Gomez) battle Jeff and Lester for control of the Buy More. Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for opening the thread! I can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

No prob! I must say that from the sneak peek I peeked at KK looked really adorable!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I wish I lived in Canada. At least for tonight.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sara, i'm agree wuth you. she looks adorable, as always. And I can't wait .

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 01-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Here's hoping for a link tonight
Old 01-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Tisn't looking that way.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so excited! Haven't seen KK for a long time.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG. Loved this episode so freakin' much. It just proves that Chuck can be an agent. Loved Casey and Morgan bonding over the Buy More. They were tres cute. Still not feeling Shaw...I feel like he's up to something.

KK and Zach had a sweet chemistry. I can't wait for the next ep.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfy the crave (View Post)
OMG. Loved this episode so freakin' much. It just proves that Chuck can be an agent. Loved Casey and Morgan bonding over the Buy More. They were tres cute. Still not feeling Shaw...I feel like he's up to something.

KK and Zach had a sweet chemistry. I can't wait for the next ep.
ahh, lucky Canadians! I cannot wait to see this episode! I don't know yet if I'll like Hannah, but I do like KK, so we'll see how it goes. hmm but yeah, I guess I can wait one more day... or until someone posts a link somewhere hehe

oh and btw I'm Katie!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the episode. Casey and Morgan were awesome. The buymore plot was really enjoyable.

I loved Shaw/Sarah this episode. And we found out a little more about her, which I did not see coming... I won't say anymore then that till we've all seen it.

And Chuck proved he could be a real spy. But I don't like the fact that he thinks Shaw is the only person that believes in him.

And i'll be happy when Hannah is gone, I'm not feeling her character at all!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Actually I liked Hannah. Didn´t like Chuck´s reaction to Hannah, though. Especially in the last scene. But it´s not really Hannah´s fault, that Chuck starts to act a little brain-wiped any time there is a pretty little brunette talking to him.

Loved the Sarah/Shaw scenes and Casey + Morgan in the Buy More was the most enjoyable Buy More plot ever for me.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Idk, I just didn't warm up to her character. But I think she'll do more harm to CS then Shaw can.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandcandy (View Post)
Idk, I just didn't warm up to her character. But I think she'll do more harm to CS then Shaw can.
Completely agree there. Chuck, who is supposed to be this extremely sensitive guy, just can be a complete idiot when it comes to Sarah and her emotions. That´s why I always thought, Hannah is by far the bigger threat.

Chuck & Sarah
Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

This episode kind of pissed me off. At no point did Chuck prove that he could be a real spy. He had to have his hand held at literally every step, and he was not able to do anything correctly. I'm all for not making Chuck into an ultra-cool, ultra-capable super spy, but even at his most inexperienced Chuck was able to come up with a clever trick to save the day. This mission should have been Chuck proving that he didn't always have to be saved, that he didn't completely rely on Sarah and Casey. Instead he had to be saved more than ever, and seemed unable to do even the most rudimentary thing without being told to do so. I mean, seriously, he has to call Shaw and be told to match the numbers on the tags and then get the key?

Chuck completely disproved Shaw's hypothesis about Chuck being ready. Which is fine. If the show wanted to go that direction, have Chuck regress, have Shaw lose faith in Chuck's abilities, that would be their decision. But in the end Shaw acts like Chuck performed wonderfully. I found there to be a huge dissonance between the beginning and the end of the show compared with the middle. The beginning set up the episode like Chuck was going to prove himself, the end acted like that's what happened. The middle showed Chuck not only not proving himself capable, but utterly failing in all areas.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the episode. Everything that I love about Chuck was still there. I just felt that dissonance I mentioned. I'm really liking Shaw as a character. I'm rabidly Chuck/Sarah, so I'm not digging the Sarah/Shaw vibe, but I have to admit that they're presenting it in an interesting way. I'm likewise not all that thrilled about the Chuck/Hannah thing, but I am looking forward to seeing Sarah's reaction to her sudden presence and the story of why she's in Burbank. Jealous Sarah is always interesting.

Back to Shaw...the guy's living in the Castle? If he's going to stick around, he needs to be integrated into Chuck's life. The most obvious route is to set him up as Sarah's new boyfriend. It makes sense in-show, and it would create tons of tension and interesting scenes.