and she instagrams (is that a word??). love the picture

i love you. ♡
Old 01-22-2015, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Love the pic
Old 01-22-2015, 07:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleღMermaid (View Post)
I like that she runs her own Twitter account even if we don't get as much.

Someone used to run her Facebook account I wonder why they stopped?
Probably because that person was a Gossip Girl fanatic while she's moved on.
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester
Old 01-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the photo

Wish she'd be there in Feb, I could have a chance to see her. What a dream ugh
Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Wish she'd be there in Feb, I could have a chance to see her. What a dream ugh
"Maybe in the future"
Old 01-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love for her to come to Sweden. but happy that she's, kind of, more active on instagram

i love you. ♡
Old 01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I just realized, that was her 1st posed/none-old pic for 2015.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clair carlyle (View Post)
Probably because that person was a Gossip Girl fanatic while she's moved on.
That was the drawback she should have let someone else have it to run.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozanna (View Post)
"Maybe in the future"
Awwww

BTW I don't understand why being a GG fan is a drawback since her fanbase is GG fans. That arguement does not make sense at all to me. And It is not necessarily a bad thing if you can use it in your advantage.

They post her recent music news as I checked earlier. I think FB lost it's charm and that effected their attitute not anything else. And tbh she needs a social media manager even if she runs herself because there are ways to use more effectively imo and she does not yet.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:02 AM
Passionate Fan

It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but her. If she'd rather not "use it to her advantage," then she shouldn't have to. If she doesn't care about sales (not that it would help tbh) nor feel comfortable pandering to the lowest common denominator of her fanbase, then that's her call to make. GG has passed its peak anyway so if anything, it actually helps to move on and disassociate from the teenybopper image. It's working out great for Taylor Momsen. Subsequently, Leighton's found fans who've embraced her music, acting in OM&M/LP and feminism just fine without living in the past.
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester

Last edited by clair carlyle; 01-23-2015 at 06:17 AM
Old 01-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that if the GG promotion or the amount of GG stuff being posted was the issue she could have easily hired someone else. That's why I think that it was more about her not caring much about facebook in general.

i love you. ♡
Old 01-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Lol I don't think she hired or paid anyone for that.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Awwww

BTW I don't understand why being a GG fan is a drawback since her fanbase is GG fans. That arguement does not make sense at all to me. And It is not necessarily a bad thing if you can use it in your advantage.
Not all of her fanbase are gossip girl fans. A lot of us moved on from that a long time ago. She doesn't want to be known as Blair her whole life, which will happen if she was living in the past still talking about it.

You know there are GG fans on Twitter who complain about her Instagram asking why's not like Blair or they only want to go to her concert "just to see Blair" or wishing she'll get a divorce so she can be with an actor that she doesn't even acknowledge anymore from a cancelled TV show? These don't sound like Leighton fans, they're Blair fans and they won't do her any good.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
I think that if the GG promotion or the amount of GG stuff being posted was the issue she could have easily hired someone else. That's why I think that it was more about her not caring much about facebook in general.
I think so too as I said FB generally lost it's charm but nice to see regular posts about her music now.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleღMermaid (View Post)
Not all of her fanbase are gossip girl fans. A lot of us moved on from that a long time ago. She doesn't want to be known as Blair her whole life, which will happen if she was living in the past still talking about it.

You know there are GG fans on Twitter who complain about her Instagram asking why's not like Blair or they only want to go to her concert "just to see Blair" or wishing she'll get a divorce so she can be with an actor that she doesn't even acknowledge anymore from a cancelled TV show? These don't sound like Leighton fans, they're Blair fans and they won't do her any good.
Exactly. Those who like her as Blair are already set. If they are curious about her music, they'll listen and maybe even buy it; if not, they just won't. I don't understand how posting random quotes and dialog from a show (when there are thousands of fansites and tumblrs that are dedicated to that) will help especially if she has personally and professionally divorced herself from it. Usually artists who continue to hold on to their "glory days" look desperate unless it's more than a decade later and even then they look back only to parody their experiences. That doesn't mean they're ungrateful either. It's just generally better for their careers and sanity.

That said, there are ways to increase her social media presence and use it efficiently without making it into a Gossip Girl Tumblr. She can definitely get fans more excited by retweeting their art/signs and covers of her music. She can stay on top of her own news and post more of her own BTS pictures instead of regramming/retweeting her friends'. She can unexpectedly answer good questions because when she does an 'official' Q & A, her timeline gets filled with spam. However, if she really wants her music out there and reach a new audience, her best bet is to tour with an established band, play festivals and make more televised appearances or do more live sessions that can go viral online (like Pandora). That will do more for her than any social media tactic solely based on fan pandering. Furthermore, her income isn't dependent on her music so there's something to be admired about her doing this mostly for herself, mostly for the love of it so it's completely understandable that she doesn't pressure herself to do more marketing and promotion for her music.

Last edited by clair carlyle; 01-25-2015 at 04:28 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread