Fan Forum Hero

Same It looks so violent.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

She can stick to yoga
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't forget pilates!

Here it is, finally. This is the short interivew with Leighton from the April issue of Swedish ELLE magazine. Apologies for any spelling errors and/or concord errors.

Quote:
Meester - the Style Master

If the Los Angeles look had a face it would look like Leighton Meester's. The Gossip Girl star reveals how she manages to be comfortably relaxed and luxuriously chic - at the same time.

The white, modern 1960's house where the interview will take place is situated high up in Hollywood Hills and overlooks all of LA. Here on a hot December day Leighton Meester is being photographed for Nelly.com's spring campaign. For the general public she's still most known as Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl, but alongside her acting career she's dabbling in music and has released two singles.

In a corner there's a woman making healthy smoothies and when Leighton emerges from her latest outfit change she immediately introduces herself to her. Her straightforward way and charismatic presence is an immediate ice breaker. When she’s been photographed in a couple of different looks we sit down for a chat about style.

How would you describe your style?
-At the moment I’m in a new phase, where I like to feel more comfortable and relaxed. I like clothes I can use over and over, and to different types of events. When I was younger I definitely put more energy into my appearance. Now it feels irrelevant, because I’m comfortable and happy with the way I look, ironically enough.

What type of clothes do you prefer to buy?
I like clothes that accentuate my waist, my favorite body part. You can tell from the way a piece of clothing looks hanging on a hanger how it will drape and fall on you. You can never go wrong with a black dress, but I do like blue, grey and red a lot. Red is good for me. I don’t know why but I’m always drawn to red.

What inspires your style?
There’s a lot that inspires me. I love movies, music, books and travels. In general I’m inspired by the world around me. I recently saw Le Mépris by Jean-Luc Godard with Brigitte Bardot in it. It’s very 1960’s and the clothes would work now as well. They’re so flattering on Bardot’s body, sexy yet sophisticated and Italian. I love how comfortable Bardot is in her own body. She wasn’t stick thin but curvy and the clothes accentuate that in a personal way. It’s cool.

Does Los Angeles have a typical look you’ve been influenced by?
Definitely! And it’s very easy to adapt to because it’s so comfortable, an easy going and not very dressed up look. Everyone has their own version of it but there are a lot of jeans, knitted sweaters, sweatshirts, t-shirts and maybe booties. I appreciate the relaxed nature 90% of the time but sometimes it feels boring that I don’t have a reason to get dressed up and go out.

Do you have a favorite designer?
It feels silly to name designers because later I will go and put on my jeans and a t-shirt, Leighton tells us laughing. But I do love Valentino, Proenza Schouler and other high end designers. But if I can be completely honest there’s a lot of vintage and a lot of online stores, like Nelly.com.

Yes, during spring 2014 you’re the face of Nelly.com. How does it feel?
It’s very flattering because Nelly represents a fun, young and sophisticated girl. All the clothes in the collection are different but tell a cohesive story style wise.

How will your career look like in ten years?
When it comes to my acting career I like to constantly explore new roles. Musically I would like to test more genres and overcome my limitations, it’s important not to get stuck in a rut.

What makes you happy?
My friends and my family make me happy. I have an amazing family that takes care of me and treats me with love and respect. My dogs also bring me a lot of joy. When I’m home I prefer to curl up on my couch with them and watch a movie.

3 quick ones
Exercise: Biking, hiking, surfing and swimming but also yoga and pilates.
Favorite products: Biotherm’s Aquasource, because it immediately moisturizes my skin and Biotherm’s Liquid Light because it gives me a more even skin tone
Beauty must have: SPF! Even if it’s cloudy and I’m only going to be in my car I use it.

Last edited by tranquility; 04-16-2014 at 03:53 AM
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you so much Em!

People onset for her shoots always mention that she makes a point to introduce her self to everyone on set. She's so sweet.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that she makes sure to introduce herself to everyone. It's so polite (and the right thing to do).
Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

She's not full of herself at all.

I'm glad she knows red looks so good on her and her waist is amazing
Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleღMermaid (View Post)
I'm glad she knows red looks so good on her and her waist is amazing
I need her in red more often!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

Voted!

She wore one of her favorite colors
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for translating the interview, Em.

I'm actually kind of surprised she said her waist is her favorite body part as that isn't what I'd pick, but I'm glad she recognizes that she looks good in red. I love her in red, although her blue dress at the OM&M party was divine. She looked amazing.

I laughed when she said she cared more about her appearance when she was younger and is more relaxed now. I feel like I'm the total opposite.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by varietyofwords (View Post)
Thanks for translating the interview, Em.

I'm actually kind of surprised she said her waist is her favorite body part as that isn't what I'd pick, but I'm glad she recognizes that she looks good in red. I love her in red, although her blue dress at the OM&M party was divine. She looked amazing.

I laughed when she said she cared more about her appearance when she was younger and is more relaxed now. I feel like I'm the total opposite.
YW

What would you pick?

I'm with you in this, Christina. I care more now than I used to when I was younger.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

She used to say her bum was her favorite body part
Closed Thread   Post New Thread