Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

An actual goddess
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Tons of pics from P20 of the curtain call and afterparty!

+more

+more
Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for all the reviews and pics. Leighton's dress look gorgeous and she looks so happy too.

So there are just a few negative reviews amongst many positive for her performance! majority rules!..her debut was a success! Critics are tough on screen actors taking a turn on broadway so this is a huge deal for leighton. !I'm so proud and especially pleased after early preview reviews stated her lines sounded a little nervous, that she overcame this. She just gets better and better!

Celeb spotting...I hear Nicolas Cage has watched the show.

I'm dying to see what lies ahead for her career now...it's so exciting!!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Passionate Fan

But it’s the acting that makes this song sing so truly. Every role is cast with the proper grit and texture, with all the ranch hands seeming like the rough, broken men they are and Leighton Meester playing Curley’s Wife as the tawdry rag doll with her eye on a non-existent prize that she has to be.

With perfect casting, Of Mice and Men remains shattering work of art: Review | Toronto Star

Tell me if I missed any: leighton_fans: Praise for Leighton in Of Mice & Men!
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester
Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Here's another great review for leighton http://irishamerica.com/2014/04/review-of-mice-and-men/

http://ind.pn/1hY5D6W

Last edited by Rachel Leigh; 04-17-2014 at 09:42 AM
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love reading all these reviews! Thanks for posting.

Lei looked so gorgeous!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks everyone. This was such an amazing night for her.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

great reviews, thanks for bringing all here
Old 04-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

[Image is from The New York Times ad] posted by @JamesFrancoTV on Instagram

Hey all. Hey Em since I know you're busy with real life. I posted this on twitter/tumblr and I'm posting this on your board so you can find it easily and read all the reviews.

MASTER POST OF LEIGHTON MEESTER'S BEST OFFICIAL REVIEWS FOR OF MICE AND MEN BROADWAY COLLECTED FROM ONLINE SOURCES

(Those are all the official online reviews of a laudatory quality that I could find of Leighton Meester collected between April 16 - April 18, 2014. A minority of the available reviews are not included because they are not positive, constructive or that they are negligibly neutral. And as a Leighton Meester fan page, our first goal is to promote things that celebrate and encourage Leighton's career and life. @itsmeleighton @miceanddmenbway)

1. From @vulture And Leighton Meester, late of Gossip Girl, brings unexpected dignity (and stage chops) to Curley’s Wife, who despite not even having her own name is the Woman Who Causes the Trouble.Theater Review: James Franco in Of Mice and Men -- Vulture

2. From @TorontoStar , But it’s the acting that makes this song sing so truly. Every role is cast with the proper grit and texture, with all the ranch hands seeming like the rough, broken men they are and Leighton Meester playing Curley’s Wife as the tawdry rag doll with her eye on a non-existent prize that she has to be.With perfect casting, Of Mice and Men remains shattering work of art: Review | Toronto Star

3. From @broadwayworld Leighton Meester, as the character known only as Curley's wife, is touching in her attempts to find some simple friendship to make up for the loneliness she finds in her marriage.BWW Reviews: Shapiro Gives OF MICE AND MEN a Classic Treatment

4. From @GayCityNews Leighton Meester (“Gossip Girl”), another Broadway neophyte, is spot-on as the wife of the ranch owner’s son, Curley (she’s not given a name). The sole female character in the 10-person drama, she’s a flirty, bored “tart” who upsets the men-only balance of the bunkhouse. With just the right mix of pushiness and vulnerability, Meester elicits our sympathy for Curley’s wife being stuck with a jealous husband (an excellent Alex Morf) in the middle of nowhere.
Best Laid Schemes - gaycitynews.com | gaycitynews.com

5. From @Independent Meester, also making her Broadway debut, who enlivens a small role as the play’s only woman with a moving reminiscence on the fate of her father. Of Mice and Men, Longacre Theatre, review: James Franco excels in Broadway debut - Reviews - Theatre & Dance - The Independent

6. From @BroadwaySpotted I’ll give her mad props on shedding the “Blair Waldorf” mannerisms and voice. Being known for a specific role can lead to problems later in an acting career, but Leighton was able to transform into another very different character with grace. Review: Of Mice and Men - BroadwaySpotted

7. From @EpochTimes Leighton Meester’s complex opposition of flirt and damaged soul,Theater Review: ‘Of Mice and Men’ - The Epoch Times

8. From @NYDailyNews “Gossip Girl” alum and stage newcomer Meester brings out the yearning and sadness of the unnamed wife. ‘Of Mice and Men,’ theater review* - NY Daily News

9. From @Huffpost The debuting Meester conveys the confusion that Curley's wife is in. She's perplexed by her husband's jealous rages but also aware she can use her wiles as a possible way to find someone with whom to carry on a friendly exchange. Meester plays the beaten to a wounded parenthesis wife as hard and getting harder but still vulnerable. First Nighter: Franco, O'Dowd, Meester Distinguish Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men'*|*David Finkle

10. From @Variety There’s no way to overpraise the nine men and one woman (Leighton Meester, holding her own nicely, thank you, as the femme fatale) in this ensemble who bring Steinbeck’s characters to life.‘Of Mice and Men’ Review: James Franco, Chris O’Dowd Lead a Brilliant Revival | Variety

11. From @Newsday Leighton Meester ("Gossip Girl") brings an impressive core of loneliness alongside her eroticism as the only woman, the wife of the boss' son. 'Of Mice and Men' review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd shine - Newsday

12. From @Telegraph Gossip Girl’s Leighton Meester impresses as the only woman on the ranch, unhappily married to the owner’s son. She navigates around the stereotype of “****ty desperate housewife” to become more complex - a fragile and misunderstood catalyst for the play’s final-act tragedy.Of Mice and Men, Longacre Theatre, Broadway, review - Telegraph

13. From @amNewYork Meester, best remembered as Blair on the television series "Gossip Girl," is quite effective as Curly's Wife, who desperately seeks attention from the farmhands as a result of her absent husband.'Of Mice and Men' couldn't get much better - am New York

14. From talkingbrodway.com And as Curley's wife, Leighton Meester leaves you forever wondering whether she's the victim or the aggressor, an uncertainty from which the second act greatly benefits.Talkin' Broadway Review: Of Mice and Men

15. From @USATODAY Meester brings flickers of softness and even warmth to the role. Broadway's new 'Of Mice and Men' starry and stinging

16. From @NBCNewYork But she [Leighton] reveals a sweetness and openness in the second act, sitting with Lennie in the barn, as she invites him to touch her hair.
Review: Franco, O'Dowd Are "Men" for All Seasons | NBC New York

17. From ( The Hollywood Reporter) @THR Leighton Meester is lovely in her Broadway debut as Curly's pretty wife. A sad, flighty figure, she still fantasizes about movie stardom after walking into an ill-considered marriage, seeking attention in the wrong places. James Franco and Chris O'Dowd in 'Of Mice and Men': Theater Review - Hollywood Reporter

18. From @irishamerica Also debuting on Broadway is Leighton Meester, acclaimed for portraying the love-troubled and beautiful Blair Waldorf on “Gossip Girl.” Meester convincingly sheds the bombshell status of her former role to transform the part of Curley’s wife, the sole, unnamed, female character in the play, from a sultry floozy into a tragic temptation brought on by her own loneliness.Review: “Of Mice and Men” | Irish America

Last edited by esotsm; 04-18-2014 at 08:20 AM Reason: fixed some stuff
Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Passionate Fan

^That ad goes perfectly with the non-review Ben "little bitch" (sorry, it's true) Brantley gave. Nice job, Polk PR.

Afterparty interviews:
Opening Night: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd, and Leighton Meester Make Their Broadway Debuts In Of Mice and Men
BWW TV: Chatting with James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and the OF MICE AND MEN Cast on Opening Night!
Video: James Franco makes Broadway debut in 'Of Mice and Men' - The Globe and Mail

@miceandmenbway posted a better quality of the ad here: http://instagram.com/p/m7qKhfL7XC/
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester

Last edited by clair carlyle; 04-18-2014 at 08:43 AM
Old 04-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll never be able to catch up on these reviews!

I love what Alex said in one of those interviews.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

So much for me to catch up on!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm like halfway through the reviews...
Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

yesterday was james birthday, wonder if he cut the cake with the cast
Old 04-20-2014, 05:25 AM
Extreme Fan

This is so cute from someone who went backstage to meet her...

Quote:
this was honestly the best night of my life. i dont know what to say. i feel so lucky and blessed i was able to not just see OMAM but also meet my idol & inspiration. the play was absolutely amazing. chris o'dowd was INCREDIBLE. seeing Leighton up the was surreal. every time she was on stage i teared up & felt like a proud mom lol :') she played Curly's wife so well. i loved how she added a vulnerability to the character & made us feel for her. so now the part ya'll were waiting for... so after the show my mom & i went backstage and the lady my dad knew showed us around the set. then we waited a few minutes for lei to change. i almost fainted when she walked into the room. SHE IS SO SMALL IN RL U DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND. honestly i couldn't believe it. and she is THE cutest. she was talking about how she was going to go home & order mexican food instead of going out for James Franco's bday. she talked a little about adam & her dogs... then we took some pics, i gave her the letter, she hugged me & that was that. i started BAWLING when we left. everyone was giving me looks BUT I DONT GUVE A **** BC I MET LEI. I CAN NOW SAY I HAVE MET LEIGHTON MEESTER. if u have any other questions feel free to ask... thanks if u actually read all this i love ya'll more than anything ❤️❤️❤️
I can't remember which video it was but I thought it was so cute where Leighton said she kept looking for her dad in the audience and then he waved at her.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread