Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Chiles Stanton {Country Strong S&S} #8: Because Leighton and Garrett's duet had everybody squealing and fangirling!

The movie, a romantic drama, stars Paltrow as a popular yet troubled country singer named Kelly Canter. Canter is in a rehab facility (filmed at Barbara Mandrell’s former home, Fontanel) when she falls for Hedlund’s character, Beau Hutton, an employee at the facility with aspirations of country music stardom. Canter’s husband, James (played by McGraw), checks the still-fragile singer out of the facility to embark on a music tour. Meester’s character, country newcomer Chiles Stanton, is being mentored by James, who wants to book her as the opening act. Kelly, however, wants the spot to go to Hutton. In the end, all three go on tour together.

Limited release date is December 22, 2010.
Wide release date January 7, 2011

trailer;

ani credit: Isa

pictures;

(click to enlarge)

stills;

music videos;

ani credit: Aurora

promos;

media;

Last edited by kaleidoscope eyes; 12-10-2010 at 08:55 PM
Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Leighton Meester and Garrett Hedlund's 'Country Strong' duet: We succumb to 'Give Into Me' - Pop2it - Zap2it

Quote:
A clip of Leighton Meester and Garrett Hedlund singing "Give Into Me" from their upcoming film "Country Strong" was posted by Moviefone and to keep it brief: We're obsessed. It looks like Gwyeth Paltrow will have some serious competition when the movie hits theaters in limited release Dec. 22.

You can literally see the chemistry between Meester and Hedlund in the clip, in which Hedlund's Beau Hutton convinces Meester's Chiles Stanton (coolest name ever? Discuss.) to come on stage with him to sing a duet. What follows is "Give Into Me," which we will no doubt be counting down the days until it is release on iTunes.

While its public knowledge that "Gossip Girl's" Meester can carry a tune (thanks to her infectious single "Somebody to Love" and her hit duet with Cobra Starship "Good Girls Go Bad"), we had no idea that Hedlund would be so charismatic and believable on stage. Combine this and the highly-anticipated "Tron: Legacy," we're thinking Hedlund is Hollywood's next big thing.
Love all the praise!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

the praise is amazing
Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Love this!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

I am getting more and more excited for this movie
Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-shipper (View Post)
the praise is amazing
I second that! I love hearing all these great things. Makes me go
Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

i am so proud of Leighton when i hear all this praise Just imagine what will happen when the official reviews are out
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!!

Thanks for the review! for Leight!!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Coolest name ever?lol
True that!
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chiles Stanton! has a nice ring to it.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

It does!!!
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

A really nice article about the Oscar chances of Leighton and Garrett's duet !:

Quote:
Strong Clip, "Give In to Me"

Ever since the trailer for Country Strong debuted, the film has been causing quite the storm in the Oscar race. Well, at least in the Original Song category. "Me and Tennessee," written by Paltrow's husband and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, and "Country Strong" have both been considered major contenders for nominations, but what about the other songs in the film?

Moivefone debuted a clip of Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester performing a ballad called "Give In to Me."

Since the music branch ate up "The Weary Kind" last year, there's a slight possibility that voters will fall hard for "Give In to Me" as well. It's nowhere near as introspective or powerful as last year's Oscar-winning country ballad, but it fits the supposed traditional country tone more so than the film's slick title track. Based on the clip the song seems to be significant to the story in some capacity, which is appropriately a plus in this category.

Will this be an Original Song contender, or will Screen Gems only push "Country Strong" for attention?
(Source: Movies and Other Things...: Country Strong Clip, "Give In to Me")
Old 11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT I'm mega excited for this movie

I am a shipper whore and the list of people I ship Leighton with is always growing.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That be so awesome if a song Leighton sang was nominated! Thanks Annette!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Absolute Fan

WOW,I would love the song to be nominated!!! Actually I am up for anything that gets her on that Oscar red carpet.
And it burns,burns,burns the ring of fire
Leighton Meester ♥ HBIC
icon:Isa
Closed Thread   Post New Thread