Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#409: "Agents for Change" Episode Discussion

Agents for Change

Original Air date: February 28, 2011
Episode: 4.09

When Rebecca (Dilshad Vadsaria) finds out that ZBZ is up for the Golden Lily award for being the best chapter in the country, she recruits the help of former house president and enemy of Casey (Spencer Grammer), Frannie (Tiffany Dupont) – who promises to deliver Justin Bieber for a special concert to impress the national reps.

THE FINAL CHAPTER: "We'll All Be" by same old story

Old 02-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lol at the fact that the Biebs would impress the national reps.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, right? And I'm loving all of your Lexie/Jackson icons!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is not a good second to last episode. :/

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not watching (yet), but that's a bummer to hear. =/

Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
This is not a good second to last episode. :/
I agree 100% This episode seemed more like a filler episode in many respects. I didn't find Evan's storyline to be particularly compelling although I would think that it was a good change of pace for Jake/Evan because Evan is usually the least sympathetic character on this show. Overall, I think that most of this episode could've easily taken place earlier this season and it didn't feel or live up to an episode that will be the second to last episode.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

It wasn't an amazing episode (Fumble and Midnight Clear being the best ones of the season), but I think it was okay for the penultimate episode. It set up the KT storyline for the finale, wrapped up Evan's seasons long storyarc, as well as the Rusty/Evan series long beef and obviously setting up for his redemption with Cappie (and probably Rebecca) for the finale. It basically told us what Rusty will be doing after graduation, got Dale in a fraternity for real, as well as wrapping up the Trip/Calvin/OX stuff. And most importantly, set up Casey realizing she needs to move on from ZBZ.

That's plenty of penultimate stuff that couldn't have been earlier in the season, and set up for the finale. I didn't watch the episode thinking it was filler, I watched it totally realizing that it was the second last episode, it had that feel, IMO. They're saving all the good and emotional stuff for the finale.

Anyway. I'm really glad they had Rusty/Evan squash their beef and being ~friends, and didn't just resolve Cappie/Evan, because Rusty/Evan's issues have been there since the Pilot, so I'm glad that was addressed, and I found myself kind of shipping them. They were cute, especially at the end. All the talk about Casey ~moving on was making me want to cry =/

I have some very ... choice thoughts on the promo, and how I will feel if it plays out like it looks like, but I'll save those.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i agree that a majority of the ep was useless, we'll blame frannie for that one, but i really did love the evan/rusty, casey/rebecca and cappie/rusty scenes! i'm actually amazed at how well, yet simple they wrote the evan/rusty storyline. like, i doubt they'll ever be real friends or anything of the sort, but they mended their rift enough to make it believable. cuties!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I forgot to mention that I adored the Casey/Bex stuff. They warm my heart. I'm going to cry so hard at the hug in the promo =/ =/ =/
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, the Evan/Rusty stuff sounds promising! I shall watch when I'm done with yesterday's Shameless.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
Yes, I forgot to mention that I adored the Casey/Bex stuff. They warm my heart. I'm going to cry so hard at the hug in the promo =/ =/ =/
i am too. i started tearing up just watching that promo=/=/=/
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
Aw, the Evan/Rusty stuff sounds promising! I shall watch when I'm done with yesterday's Shameless.
I can't wait to hear what you think, they were pretty adorable.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
It wasn't an amazing episode (Fumble and Midnight Clear being the best ones of the season), but I think it was okay for the penultimate episode. It set up the KT storyline for the finale, wrapped up Evan's seasons long storyarc, as well as the Rusty/Evan series long beef and obviously setting up for his redemption with Cappie (and probably Rebecca) for the finale. It basically told us what Rusty will be doing after graduation, got Dale in a fraternity for real, as well as wrapping up the Trip/Calvin/OX stuff. And most importantly, set up Casey realizing she needs to move on from ZBZ.

That's plenty of penultimate stuff that couldn't have been earlier in the season, and set up for the finale. I didn't watch the episode thinking it was filler, I watched it totally realizing that it was the second last episode, it had that feel, IMO. They're saving all the good and emotional stuff for the finale.

Anyway. I'm really glad they had Rusty/Evan squash their beef and being ~friends, and didn't just resolve Cappie/Evan, because Rusty/Evan's issues have been there since the Pilot, so I'm glad that was addressed, and I found myself kind of shipping them. They were cute, especially at the end. All the talk about Casey ~moving on was making me want to cry =/

I have some very ... choice thoughts on the promo, and how I will feel if it plays out like it looks like, but I'll save those.
I think that it would've been a better episode with less of the Evan and less of the Rebecca storyline because it's hard to root for Evan because generally all he's ever doing is being a jerk to someone in some way or another and so by the time something that should've really redeemed him it was really too little, too late and way too predictable as well as far as how the whole Evan storyline played out on screen. I wanted some sort of twist somewhere but that was really flat to me. I think that Rebecca is someone who seems to think a lot of her self-worth comes from dating someone and being a ZBZ and to me that's a lot bigger of an issue than what Cassie is learning to deal with in leaving the college life for good even though that is never really touched on by the writers.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked Rusty/Evan, and the last Casey/Rebecca scene (which was my favorite scene of the ep., I think). I also really liked the Casey/Ash scene at the concert where they talk about ZBZ.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Evan is a made character. Of course they're going to (at least try to) redeem him. One may not like it, but how can they not do that? They know it might fall flat for some people, and not everyone is going to be open to Evan being redeemed, which is why they did it in the penultimate episode, and not the finale. Evan/his parents and Evan/Rusty were two storylines that needed to be resolved, and now they are, and we can focus on better things in the finale. Not touching on them would have been horrible storytelling, and really unfortunate for Jake and the show.

I've never gotten that Rebecca's self worth comes from dating someone or being a ZBZ. Her main issues have always been her daddy drama, and her impulse to ruin things when they're going to well, and they've touched on both topics a lot. And Rebecca was single for more time than she was dating someone through this show, so yeah. If that was her deal, she wouldn't have broken up with Evan.

Either way, I'm not saying I loved the episode, but I think it was a good penultimate episode, because, as stated, it wrapped up some of the less important or popular storylines early, and set up for the finale. Which is what they're supposed to do.

Last edited by same old story; 03-01-2011 at 01:04 AM