Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*SERIES FINALE* #410: "Legacy" Episode Discussion

Legacy

Original Air date: March 6, 2011
Episode: 4.10

Casey (Spencer Grammer) and Evan (Jake McDorman) are pitted against the KTs in a fight for their fraternity house. Set amidst the battle to save the Kappa Tau house, brotherhood and friendships are tested, while troubled and budding relationships will either be resolved or dissolved. Will Casey and Cappie (Scott Michael Foster) face their futures together? Will Cappie and Evan be able to put their embattled college past aside and salvage their friendship? What's in store for Rusty (Jacob Zachar) and Ashleigh (Amber Stevens)? Calvin (Paul James) and Heath (Zack Lively)? Evan and Rebecca (Dilshad Vadsaria)? Will Dale (Clark Duke) get over his unrequited love for Casey? And viewers will finally learn the answer to two of the burning questions posed over the years - now that Cappie has declared a major, does he ever plan to graduate? And what is his real name? Michael Lange directed the episode written by Patrick Sean Smith & Matt Whitney.

THE FINAL CHAPTER: "We'll All Be" by same old story

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Last edited by same old story; 03-06-2011 at 01:47 PM
Old 03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously, my thoughts exactly. =( Typing 'series finale' actually hurt a little.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like it'll be my favorite series finale ever. I JUST KNOW IT.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really, really hope your feeling is right.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I feel like it'll be my favorite series finale ever. I JUST KNOW IT.
I think so too, and the most emotional one.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I've ever really been that satisfied or blown away by a finale before, and I want Greek to be that one that does it.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be all kinds of amazing if it is. Gah.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

I just said hello to this show about 3 months ago and now it's time to say goodbye already. Because I watched all the episodes back to back and just a little while ago, I know I don't have the same emotional attachment as I'm sure most of you here have, but as great as not having to wait for new episodes and seasons was, I wish I would have discovered the show from the beginning so I could have experienced it with all of you.

I will say that this is one of the best shows I've seen, especially of this genre, in portraying relatable and authentic friendships among all the characters, despite the (sometimes very) diverse characteristics of each. I find Cappie's friendship with Dale as realistic as his friendship with Rusty or Beaver, for instance. And although there is a romantic pairing I favor, I don't need to see that pairing featured in an episode for that episode to be enjoyable because I genuinely like all of the main characters (and most of the guest characters) and their interactions with each other.

I'm very sad to see the show end, but glad that they knew it was ending so that the last episode could be a true series finale. I've managed to stay away from spoilers but have heard that the finale won't disappoint, so am very much looking forward to it.

Brit, your video posted in the opening is great and a beautiful tribute to the show.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for starting Linds!

icon - Alexa
Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gah I don't want it to end

I saw this from Aaron's twitter which I thought was interesting:

TwitLonger: Hey @ABCFgreek I know that the Greek series finale as it was written and first edited was too long f

Quote:
On Sunday 6th March 2011, @GreekBeaver said:

Hey @ABCFgreek I know that the Greek series finale as it was written and first edited was too long for broadcast, ...but I heard a rumor that abcfamily.com might have an extended cut available for the fans after the show airs, is this true? #forthechildtren
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, crying Spike, I can't!

And that's really interesting. Hopefully it'll find its way to the DVD.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

linds, i just had the scariest flashback to you and i on the male board talking about smf. LOL! it can't possibly be... over, can it? wut? =/
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I hope they put the extended cut online after! Though I'm sure I wouldn't be allowed to watch it, since I'm in Canada. But surely someone would rip it!

Quote:
I just said hello to this show about 3 months ago and now it's time to say goodbye already. Because I watched all the episodes back to back and just a little while ago, I know I don't have the same emotional attachment as I'm sure most of you here have, but as great as not having to wait for new episodes and seasons was, I wish I would have discovered the show from the beginning so I could have experienced it with all of you.

I will say that this is one of the best shows I've seen, especially of this genre, in portraying relatable and authentic friendships among all the characters, despite the (sometimes very) diverse characteristics of each. I find Cappie's friendship with Dale as realistic as his friendship with Rusty or Beaver, for instance. And although there is a romantic pairing I favor, I don't need to see that pairing featured in an episode for that episode to be enjoyable because I genuinely like all of the main characters (and most of the guest characters) and their interactions with each other.

I'm very sad to see the show end, but glad that they knew it was ending so that the last episode could be a true series finale. I've managed to stay away from spoilers but have heard that the finale won't disappoint, so am very much looking forward to it.

Brit, your video posted in the opening is great and a beautiful tribute to the show.
I was the same way with Lost. I marathoned it like a week or two before the finale aired. And actually spoiled myself for the finale while watching S1. But yes, one of my favorite things about this show is that they find a way to have almost every character interact with each other at some point, and they almost all have a relationship of some kind with each other, and it doesn't come off as contrived at all. And they don't try to fake relationships between people either - like them acknowledge that Calvin and Casey don't know each other at all, despite both of their close relationships with Rusty and Ashleigh.

I don't even want to imagine if we hadn't gotten this chapter after the campaigning, how we would have gotten that alternate flashforward ending, with Rusty ending up with Dana, and a bunch of other horrible things. So, so glad this season happened for a number of reasons.

And thanks so much!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by woken and broken (View Post)
linds, i just had the scariest flashback to you and i on the male board talking about smf. LOL! it can't possibly be... over, can it? wut? =/
Aw, I know! Sadness overload. I swear I remember watching the pilot, totally by chance, and being like, where did this show come from?! Who is this Cappie kid? lol.

I missed your post before, Becky, but thanks so much for stopping by. I wish you'd been around throughout, but I'm also really glad you found the show at all. It's such an underrated show. I really think that some people won't ever give it a chance because it's based in college, or a "teen" show, and they're missing out on something so genuine and so enjoyable. =/