Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

For me it was more I didn't get Shakespeare's sonnet's, so I needed to read the stuff on it or I'd flunk. No one in my classes understood it either. LOL

I didn't like his comments at all. I think honesty is good but I don't think it's professional. He comes off very badly and his tweets over it don't help.

-Hannah
Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 AM
MBV
Part-Time Fan

I didn't have a problem with him suggesting he might move on soon, but I agree he didn't come across very well. He should have phrased it far more diplomatically. He can have a tendency to make 'unfortunate' remarks though. I remember some unfunny joke criticising 'It's Complicated' which I thought was rude.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Extreme Fan

What did he say? Well, no one can say he's not a realist.

Avatar made by soulmatejunkee on Livejournal
Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

The article is linked on the previous page.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of Rainn's. Never have been. I think Juno is the only role outside of Dwight that I ever enjoyed. I don't enjoy watching him in interviews either. A lot of his answers are cringe-worthy and if I didn't know who he was, I'd probably think he was an even bigger douche. I cut him slack because he's on my favorite show, but other than that I give him no attention. Wait, I forgot I follow him on twitter. Though, like I do with most of Adam Baldwin's tweets, I just scroll past a lot of them.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

I think Rainn is just unprofessional and not very nice. I don't like his interviews and his tweets are just plain nasty for the most part. I really just dislike him. At least I dislike the way he presents himself.

-Hannah
Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
MBV
Part-Time Fan

I'm really glad other people don't love Rainn. I was worried about saying anything but I haven't ever found him funny in interviews and think he's a bit smug and judgemental in regards to films and acting. If he had Daniel Day Lewis's CV or talent I might accept it but he's had more than he's fair share of horrible projects.

Last edited by MBV; 04-01-2011 at 04:03 PM
Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Totally MBV. That's how I feel. He should never rag on any projects when he has just as bad, if not worse projects on his resume. I don't even think he's that funny or talented on the show. I like his scenes with Jim but mostly because of JK. I will never understand why people think he's great or funny. His tweets and interviews are just nasty.

But yeah, I always worried that I was alone in my dislike too.

-Hannah
Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

For the most part, I like Dwight. My only issues with him is when he's just too much but that stems from writing first.

Rainn is definitely a different animal. His commentary is always weird and his interviews are painful at times. He definitely thinks he's way funnier than he is but it comes across as smug and arrogant to me. I can't recall where I heard it, but I remember someone commenting about how it's always difficult to get him to just try something once on set. He'll say no and eventually be worn down and do it begrudgingly, but then sees it actually can work.

He's more than welcome to leave next season if he wants to. Sell the beet farm and move away with Mose. I'll miss Dwight but it's only because I'll miss the way other characters interact with him.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

IA that he comes across as smug and arrogant. I know some people have complained about John's pat answers in interviews but I'd much prefer those than the things Rainn says.

-Hannah
Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I feel so alone in liking him haha. I think he's brutally honest at times but I can't wait to see Super. And his outtakes are usually pretty funny. And Dwight is just fantastic!

"It is your birthday. Not even an exclamation mark?"

"What? It's not like she cured cancer." Hahahaha!

Of course John is funnier!

Avatar made by soulmatejunkee on Livejournal
Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 AM
MBV
Part-Time Fan

I wonder if John and Jenna would stay if he left too? Unless he's willing to admit he's only staying for the money he can't very easily remain on the show after next season after these comments.

I don't mind RW as an actor so I might check out Super in the future but not at the cinema, if it's even released here.

Quote:
I can't recall where I heard it, but I remember someone commenting about how it's always difficult to get him to just try something once on set. He'll say no and eventually be worn down and do it begrudgingly, but then sees it actually can work.
That's really weird;it's his job as an actor to try anything the director suggests.

Last edited by MBV; 04-02-2011 at 08:04 AM
Old 04-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

That was my thought exactly. I'm pretty sure it was a commentary. If I run across it and who said it, I'll tell you.

I honestly feel like if there's a holdout after next year, then the show should be done. They're contracted for next year and it's already been renewed so it'll get made. After that, if someone wants to leave, then just stop production. It won't be the same. It'll be hard enough to get it together post-Steve, why have to readjust once again when another main character leaves. I'm mainly referring to Rainn, Jenna and John. Maybe Ed too.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

After next year the show should be done period. Good ratings or no...

That's an interesting find Sara. I'll be curious who said it. I can see it though; he seems to be that type. He seems to think he knows all and more than anyone else.

And I don't think John or Jenna would stick around if RW leaves.

-Hannah
Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 AM
MBV
Part-Time Fan

Twitter / The Tracking Board: EXCLUSIVE: John Krasinski, ...

I really hope this is true; Bening, Cooper, indie drama.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Please let that be true. Please?

I want JK so badly to branch out!

-Hannah