Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Aww Thetis, I'm sorry you have a cold I hope you feel better soon.

Has anyone ever had one of those years where everyone does something but you? One's getting married, one's having a baby, one graduated and is in the middle of a Euro trip. I'm just working my stupid part time job and reading. I guess it's that left behind feeling. Lame.

Got some of my grandmas jewelry today, that was nice. And my dad took some Life magazines that are 40 years old.

Avatar made by soulmatejunkee on Livejournal
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I know the feeling. All my friends seem to be getting married, engaged, having kids, getting promotions and moving away... and I'm *crickets*... Minus not having a job, which sucks, I'm happy but still...

And I got a call from a temp agency(Kelly Services) on Thursday when I was at a funeral, so I called them back and got a freaking answering service. :/ They didn't leave a bloody name for me to contact or a real phone number.... so, I left a message with my name and number and I asked for a call back. Nothing. I called again, got the message service. :/ It is so bloody aggravating. This is a huge temp service too. You'd think they'd leave a name. :/ UGH. :/

Oh and tonight was the best Tony Awards telecast in years.

-Hannah
Old 06-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

I agree about the Tonys, Hannah!

And my beautiful Sutton won.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

She was fantastic. No matter how many times I've seen her dance, sing and act over the year, it always astonishes me. It just looks so easy. I have absolutely no talent in that area. LOL

Plus, this year, the sound was good!!!!!! That always helps!!!!! But NPH was great. He needs to host more things.

-Hannah
Old 06-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't watch The Tony's but you're right about NPH!! He should host more things. I loved it when he hosted The Emmys
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

I'm actually not a big fan of NPH but he was very watchable. I hope he hosts the Oscars. Is anyone hosting the Emmy's with Jane Lynch? I don't like her much, so not sure if I'll watch. :/

-Hannah
Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like Jane Lynch but I do think there should be someone hosting it with her even though I know she'll do great on her own
Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

She just bugs me. :/ I don't think she's funny at all. I am like the only person who feels that way, I know. lol

-Hannah
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

The Just for Laughs shows were awesome. Demetri Martin was Thursday. He had five guest comedians (David O'Doherty, Hannibal Buress, Kristen Schaal, Kumail Nanjiani and Paul F. Tompkins). David is a new fave. Check out his beefs here:

He did an updated 2011 one but you get the idea.

Here's a little bit of Demetri's opening bit:

Joel was great as well. He had five comedians too (Sugar Sammy, Deon Cole, Tim Minchin and 2 guys I can't remember but both had Chicago ties). Joel himself was fantastic but I didn't care for his extra guys as much as Demetri's. Sadly I haven't seen any of Joel's standup around yet but I'll keep looking. Here are a few pics though.

Seth was last night and his show was the best. His opener was Neal Brennan (who was great too) and then Seth did almost an hour and a half straight. We got there pretty early and got really good seats. About five rows off the stage. He did some political stuff, some personal stuff, some SNL jokes that couldn't get past the censors. All incredibly funny. Haven't seen any videos of his stand up yet either so just enjoy these photos:

I love comedy.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Niiiiice Sara!

-Hannah
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

*sigh*

I hate steamy weather. :/

I hate looking for new cars. :/

Blah.

-Hannah
Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

That must suck
Old 06-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

It does.

We had this huge hail storm yesterday that was blinding.... my boyfriend and I were finishing our jog when it happened and we barely got out of the way of a large tree branch that fell. :/ Ugh. Never been out in an actual hail storm like that. We got under an awwning for almost an hour. :/

-Hannah
Old 06-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Am currently the only candidate being recommended for both a 6th grade self-contained and a Kindergarten class. Though it's nice to have options, I hate that two years went by with nothing. I like the idea of being fought over though. Maybe I should suggest a duel..