Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Total Fan

Ep. 1.08 – No Opportunity Necessary - Disc. Thread (Nov. 23rd, 9:00PM)

It's been 24 hours since the episode aired and I haven't seen an episode thread so I'm starting one. If there is one out there, can a moderator please close/delete this one? Thank you.

Episode 1.08 – No Opportunity Necessary
The murder club becomes embroiled in a messy immigration fight when the key witnesses to a murder are illegal aliens. Meanwhile, Lindsay is pleasantly surprised after she enlists Tom's fiancee to help with the case.

Writer: Nichelle D. Tramble

Director: Rick Wallace

Information from abc.com and tv.com
Old 11-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even know there was a new one. I checked the ABC media site and I saw nothing for this date listed... or I'm blind Thnx for starting this thread!

ETA: I am blind.. There was release before they made a lot of date changes..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Total Fan

I usually don't get to see an episode as it airs but thanks to Thanksgiving I was able to this week. It was a so-so episode for me. I'm always a little leery of episodes with storylines dealing with culture specific characters/traditions because they are often treated with disrespect and turned into caricatures. Somewhat related - I did like the one Asian cop's response to Jacobi's question about how his family got to the U.S. (on a 747 with work papers in hand) simply because people often assume that if you're not white or you have an accent you and your family got here illegally.

I wonder how Luke's case is going? I don't think it was mentioned at all this week.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

It was an OK ep IMO.

I liked the moment in the diner at the end of the epsiode the best. With the four of them talking about Lindsay and Tom. And Cindy saying she wants to be like Lindsay when she grows up.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't like how the asian cop talked about the ilegal imigrants. I know that is a serious problem, but i expect a little more respect from a guy that is an imigrant too. Of course their situations are different, but the both families (ilegal and legal) want the same thing when gone to America, a better life.
I really like how Jacobi talk to the imigration agent. He was very kind helping that family. And loved the final scene with the girls.

avi by: asiangurl408
Old 02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Total Fan

Just an FYI - for those of us who were thinking it was weird that they were using different initials for the I.N.S., they were right. It's now called USCIS for United States Citizen and Immigration Services. This is from the department's "About USCIS" page:
Quote:
On March 1, 2003, service and benefit functions of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) transitioned into the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). USCIS is responsible for the administration of immigration and naturalization adjudication functions and establishing immigration services policies and priorities.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neide (View Post)
I didn't like how the asian cop talked about the ilegal imigrants. I know that is a serious problem, but i expect a little more respect from a guy that is an imigrant too. Of course their situations are different, but the both families (ilegal and legal) want the same thing when gone to America, a better life.
I agree. I didn't like how the cop talked about immigrants either. A little more respect and understanding would have been nice.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes. Respect is everything. But i think the show talked about something very real and present. People think they are better than others. And for that cop, he is a legal imigrant, so he deserves all the good things that America can give, and ilegals imigrants deserves nothing but be deported.

avi by: asiangurl408
Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neide (View Post)
Yes. Respect is everything. But i think the show talked about something very real and present.
It did. It's great when shows do that.