Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Susan~ (View Post)
yeah i'm sure we can meet up there.

hey guys i would appreciate it if you don't spread the word saying the ML board is closing just yet. We still have to wait to hear what Jerry has to say about this (since he gets the last say in things )
thanks
I'll keep my mouth shut. With a kiss from Alex
Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
IMO, Moonlight would be better served by a single thread on the television board (or wherever). Having so many different threads on different topics, and needing to restrict ourselves to that particular topic when the show is over and nothing new is coming up is something I find very difficult. Many times I've had something to post in the past few months, but I haven't been sure exactly where to put it, or whether it was even worth it to put it anywhere because the already thinned out discussion (due to the show's being canceled) was so fragmented. A single thread would allow us to discuss anything ML related. I, for one, would love that.
I think it will be better. Because we know we are still not talked out about Moonlight, but at the same time, the things we do want to discuss are limited. And like you said, a whole board is too much at this point.

Quote:
I'll keep my mouth shut. With a kiss from Alex
You better check out what I just posted in Alex's thread.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
I think it will be better. Because we know we are still not talked out about Moonlight, but at the same time, the things we do want to discuss are limited. And like you said, a whole board is too much at this point.

You better check out what I just posted in Alex's thread.
I checked it out and shame on you!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is so sad.
I never thought of this possiblility..
But i can totally understand the reasons for it, and sometimes its better to go out on a bang, rather than from low post count.. so out on your own terms and not anyone else's

I've had some great times here, and its been amazing even if the show lasted no more than a season.
Bu i wanted to thank everyone who has been apart of this board, especially the mods.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Jen! You were a big part of the board.

Yvonne
Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for posting the topic here for everyone to have a chance to express their opinions. We hate to see a board close where the posters didn't have a chance to save it/have their say if they felt it was warranted. Especially since this board has never been on the low post count warning list.

I know it couldn't have been easy to come to this decision. I certainly understand wanting the board to go out on a good note and not just letting it die by either not posting or stepping down when there aren't really any posters aside from you anymore and a few posts from a couple of others. I know the mods here have always done everything they can for this board. It holds a special place in my heart since I MST'd on the board when it first opened. And I loved the show and posted here when it was on the air. So, it's definitely sad to see it go. But, it seems like it's time.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

thanks you for your words Enigma...they mean so much.
Sometime i feel that i've let this board down, but hearing others say that me and Yvonne have done everything possible to keep the board active and saying that it is time is making this feeling decrease.

but still i'll never forget this board since it's the first board i've ever modded. And thats somthing you never forget
Old 11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

As a poster (past) and lurker here, I know all of the mods we've had on this board have always been active and involved and done alot to generate new fans/interest and come up with new ideas and try new things, etc. so I definitely know you guys wouldn't have come to this decision if there were regular posters aside from yourselves and if you didn't think it was for the best.

And I agree, your first board is always special.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but still i'll never forget this board since it's the first board i've ever modded. And thats somthing you never forget
That is true
And you did a great job here, Susan!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sometime i feel that i've let this board down, but hearing others say that me and Yvonne have done everything possible to keep the board active and saying that it is time is making this feeling decrease.
I feel the same.

Quote:
You were amazing!

Thanks for your post, Enigma! (sorry, I forgot your real name. )

Yvonne
Old 11-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

It's ok Yvonne. It's Mel.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ahh it's almost time only a couple posts left

thank you all for your kind words
Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
It's ok Yvonne. It's Mel.
Of course!! Hey Mel!

Yvonne
Old 11-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
As a poster (past) and lurker here, I know all of the mods we've had on this board have always been active and involved and done alot to generate new fans/interest and come up with new ideas and try new things,
Exactly. I'm not sure what I would have done without the board when I got to watch all the eppies via my DVR late last winter. I'd have been lost trying to get caught up, to to know what had happened on the show, etc. And this was a great place. But sometimes, it's time to scale down.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

This board was thriving for a while and 1000+ posts a week was not uncommon, but that was a long time ago. It's a shame to see it come to an end, but we couldn't go on forever. I wish we could, but we can't.

Yvonne