Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

The Question Game #1 - Lets Get to Know Our Fellow Posters

Basically you ask a question and the next poster responds. Then they ask another question and so on. It's also nice if you answer your own question. And the question can be about anything because it's a way to get to know each other.

I'll start

What's your favorite color?

Green
Old 08-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's your favorite color? Blue
What is your favorite word? Why? My favorite word is ambivalent because I enjoy that state of being and I just like the way it sits in my mouth.

Mandy
Old 08-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

What is your favorite word? Why?

Existential, I dunno why, I just like the way it sounds.

Which other forums do you post at?

Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Disney, Off Topic, Daniel Radcliffe
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Which other forums do you post at? Veronica Mars, Jason Dohring

Who is/was your favorite t.v. character? Why? Logan Echolls (shocker!)...I think what turned me on to the character was JD's protrayl of him. The snarkiness, the sweetness, just everything all rolled into one. Oh...and it helps that he's hot, too

Icon credit: Here
Old 08-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Who is/was your favorite t.v. character? Why?

Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love how straight forward she is, her sarcasm always makes me laugh.

Are you a fan of Harry Potter? If so who is your favorite character?

I'm a huge fan. My favorite character is Lupin.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Which other forums do you post at? Regularly at S60 and Role Playing. Semi-Regularly at Reality TV.

Who is/was your favorite t.v. character? Why? Gah, that's so hard. I guess I'd say Sydney from Alias because she was multi-faceted. That character was super strong and intelligent but also had alot of emotional depth that I don’t think many female tv characters get. I also revere Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly because he would be the most awesome leader ever. There are more, I could go on and on.

Are you a fan of Harry Potter? If so who is your favorite character? I am a fan though in my opinion the last two volumes left a lot to be desired. And my favorite character is Harry.

What is/was you favorite subject in school? Why? I like anything to do with literature of the English language. I have a pretty good grasp on grammar and love to write and read.

Mandy
Old 08-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

What is/was you favorite subject in school? Why? I loved my Psychology & US History classes because I had the most incredible teacher. He was one of those people that could make learning about ANYTHING fun and you always looked forward to his classes. As for the subject matter, probably my AP English class because I just loved all of the books we studied.

What was your favorite book when you were growing up? When I first learned to read "chapter books" I was in to the Pippi Longstocking books, the Ramona Quimby books, and Where the Red Fern Grows. When I got a little older it was The Princess Bride, To Kill a Mockingbird, and anything by Roald Dahl.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What was your favorite book when you were growing up? Probably the [b]Anne of Green Gables[/i] series. My mom used to read them to me when I was very young and when I was old enough I reread them myself.

What tv show/book/movie that everyone else is crazy about don't you like? Why?For me it would be American Beauty. I thought the performances were really wonderful but I thought it glorified things that ought not be glorified for insistence the whole situation between the father and his daughters friend and the mother’s infidelity. I also felt it was style way over substance which I blame on Sam Mendes, who I love in all other projects.

Mandy
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

What tv show/book/movie that everyone else is crazy about don't you like? Why?

Big Brother. I have watched it on tv when nothing else is on; I just find it extemely boring, dull, and stupid. Especially this season when they throw in people that the house-guests know. They're grabbing at straws. I seriously don't see what the big hype about it is.

Which character in movies/books/tv shows do you most relate to? And why?

I've always found a deep connection with the character Harry Potter. He lost his parents at a young age; I lost my mom when I was young, and my dad wanted nothing to do with me. I live with my aunt, I'm an only child, and I've lost people close to me. Not to mention appearance, though I am a girl (dark hair, green eyes, glasses, etc.), never really fit in with kids in elementary school (until I moved to a new school). It's more than just the outer things that we have in common, it's the personality, sarcasm found in the books. lol, sorry for the essay.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Which character in movies/books/tv shows do you most relate to? And why?
I always felt that I relate to Hermione from Harry Potter. Not to sound redundant. But she's very bookish which I am. I read all the time when i'm not on the internet or watching tv. She's also really smart which I'm not but I'm not dumb either. Also the fact that she has "beaver teeth" which I used to have. Until braces.

What is your favorite genre of tv shows?
Crime Dramas. I Bones, CSI:, CSI:Miami, and CSI:NY. I'll even watch shows like Shark and Criminal Minds. I'm not very interested in murder mystery in novels but on tv it's intrigues me.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

What is your favorite genre of tv shows?
Um ... I love Reality TV. I watch Beauty & the Geek, America's Next Top Model, The Hills, The Bachelor, The Real World, Top Chef and many others that I can't think of at the moment.

What is your all-time favorite TV show ever? Why?
My favorite TV show of all-time would have to be Ed. From the moment I watched it, I fell in love with Edward J. Stevens. He was adorable and just about everything I wanted to find in a guy. The storylines were charming, goofy and and always made me laugh. I wish it would hurry up and be released on DVD one of these days!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Addicted Fan

What is your all-time favorite TV show ever? Why?
The West Wing. That show had everything good entertainment needed. A fabulous cast with endearing characters, excellent humor and yet it was smart and surprising. It's the one show I can watch over and over and over.

If you could trade lives with one TV character, who's would you like to live?
Carrie Bradshaw. Beautiful, great and loyal friends, fun, gorgeous men and writing for a living. Sounds perfect to me.

Stef
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

If you could trade lives with one TV character, who's would you like to live?

This is a tough one. But the first that came to mind was 'Gil Grissom' from CSI:Vegas. I would pick Gil because he is a mysterious and complex character and i would like to see what it would be like to be him.

If you could talk to any person from history, alive or dead, who would it be and why?

I would want to talk to Tutankhamen (spelling?) because I would like to know first hand what life was like as a Pharoah. You can read about what life is like, but to hear it from an actual Pharoah would be quite an experience.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

If you could talk to any person from history, alive or dead, who would it be and why?

Elvis Presley. I want to know what was going on in his head.

What is your biggest dream?
To move to the States and find a job in the music industry.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 10-31-2007, 03:15 AM
Addicted Fan

What is your biggest dream?

To move back to the US permanently

What was the first job you always told everybody you wanted to have when you were little?

I think my first idea of a perfect life was me living it large as a skiing instructor.

... hold it. It still is

Stef