Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
New Fan

Moonlight versus......... #1 ~ All shows with vampires

Welcome to the 1st Moonlight versus other Vampire Shows Thread

- Kindred
- Twilight
- Forever Knight
- Angel

=================================================================================================================================

Hello everyone, glad to have found this forum. I'm a big fan too of Moonlight, and have waited for years for another *similar* show. Thrilled that moonlight has seen the light of day. Hah. There used to be a show called, "Kindred" back in 1996, based on the Vampire Bloodline Masquerade game. Excellent game BTW. That show was about a group of Vampires, that had to blend into society, more factions if you will.

In watching Moonlight here lately, I see so many similarities between Moonlight and Kindred. Kindred died, hah, no pun intended right before, the show 90201. An Aron Spelling production. Only 8 episodes were ever aired, the show was ahead of its time.

Now we are ready for a show like Moonlight. Acting is better, moonlight is a better show. I enjoyed Kindred, and was saddened to see it end. Lets hope Moonlight keeps going for many seasons to come.

I too look forward to watching Mick, and everyone else. Mick is a doll. Love the developing relationships, I can't wait to see what else is in store for the show, and for us watching! Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Brilliant Disguise; 06-09-2009 at 12:12 AM
Old 10-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

I've never heard of Kindred but it sounds interesting. I can think of a few great shows that aired before it's time and didn't make it. Sad when that happens.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Total Fan

Kindred: The Embraced ended when the star, Mark Frankel, died in a road accident. According to the Sci Fi Channel schedulebot, all the episodes will air October 17th starting at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time. Personally, I enjoyed the series when I got the DVDs from Netflix.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out this week when they air.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the info.

Stef
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I vaguely remember this show. It's in the back of my mind...cause I think I caught an episode or two of it. But I don't remember anythign about it tho
Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

I set my DVR for it this week, so I'll be back whenever I get a chance to watch the eps after they air.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
New Fan

Hey cool, so they are going to air it again. Very nice. I hope you guys get to catch it if you can, worth a look. Mark Frankel, such a waste, he made the Kindred show. Let me know what you guys think?

Can't wait for episode #4 this friday. Episode #3, I thought, was the best one yet.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I haven't heard of Kindred. Anyway... Welcome to Fan Forum!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 AM
New Fan

Hi Pav, Kindred wasn't around long enough to make an impact. Ahead of its time and Mark Frankel died in a motorcycle accident.

Opening episode can be a bit confusing, but, continue to watch it when it airs tomorrow night on Sci-Fi.

Julian Luna, (Mark Frankel) is interested in a blonde reporter, sound familiar??? He buys the newspaper and makes her editor later. She wants to know about his past. Uhuh.

The different clans talk about protecting their identity from society.

A rogue vampire goes on a killing spree, it was syred by another Vampire, and left to fend for itself.......now where have I seen a similar episode before? Cept last Fridays episode was better, they brought in the syre to the story line.

I won't totally give it away, Moonlight has better acting, more to the point, it ties things up nicely. Watch Kindred, for kicks, the similarities are amazing.

I hope #4 episode on Friday is another good one.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Sounds familiar, totally.

Sadly, I can't watch it, I live in Europe and don't get the Sci-Fi channel.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Finally got a chance to watch some of the eps I DVR'd. I gotta say Kindred's pilot was very weak in comparison to Moonlight's. I liked the Moonlight pilot alot better. And yeah, watching the pilot I laughed a few times..........the fights seemed so fake, the effects were cheesy, the acting was a little off. It was kind of hard to get into. But, from the 2nd episode on I got really into it.

Kind of a kick seeing actors I'm familiar with now back then. And I loved all the music throwbacks.

I loved Sasha/Cash and couldn't believe when she was turned by their rival clan. I was shocked.

And OMG, Ivan Sergei was in one ep as a hot rocker vamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so disappointed Zane was only around one ep. Hot, hot, hot.

And yeah, as I've been watching the eps, I've noticed several similarities between the two shows.

I wonder if Moonlight will get into the clan stuff as much as Kindred did.

I also found it interesting that vamps/humans having sex was totally doable in this show, because most of the time, you get the whole, we can't do it because of losing control, etc. And of course that did happen in this show too, but yeah, I was just surprised that vamps with enough control were fine having sex with a human.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

I have never heard of Kindred, but it sounds good!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

It was really good once I got past the pilot. I would definitely have been into it if I had watched it back then. But, I guess this is better because I would have been very disappointed/saddened if I had watched back then.

So sad that Mark (Julian - the Nick character) died in real life. I really liked him. So tragic.

I watched the last few episodes today.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM
New Fan

Hi Dream Walker, thanks for checking out Kindred. I had to bring it up because of the similarities. Amazing in some regards. I do agree about the pilot. It was lame, and hard to follow.

The kindred is based on a video game. Vampire Bloodline Masquerade. Bloodlines

Here is the info about Kindred, Kindred

I've played the game numerous times, a very good game. If you are into that sorta thing.

Kindred is a bit more cheesy, sometimes, but for its time, it was ahead of its time, I do believe. It got better the more I watched it. When I was finished watching it, I wanted a similar show, was sad to see it end. I saw the previews to Moonlight, and was intrigued, decided to try Moonlight, and well holy crap! OMG, I found my show again!

I really enjoyed the show, once I too got passed the pilot episode.
I loved Julian, so suave sophisticated, good looking too. I do hope Moonlight adds more vampires, it does add a certain flavor, like with the clans. I felt for Cash and Sasha, I hoped they would get together, they still loved each other. Those Bruha getting her!!! Bastids!

Ivan reminded me of Jim Morrison, which they brought up in the show. No one like Jim though. ;-)

Anyway, glad someone checked out the show, thanks for watching it.

Can't wait till Friday!

Last edited by BrokenArts; 10-24-2007 at 07:57 PM