Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2007, 03:03 PM
New Fan

One reason why we don't like her, is what she was going to do to Beth, when she was a child. You don't turn children, you don't feed on children. I don't like her because of that reason, she didn't care. If Mick hadn't of stopped her........
Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

^^ Good point!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
One reason why we don't like her, is what she was going to do to Beth, when she was a child. You don't turn children, you don't feed on children. I don't like her because of that reason, she didn't care.
I see your point and I'm not agreeing at all of what she was going to do but I think from her POV ... she was so much in love with Mick - she was just desperate!

But again I don't agree at all with her wanting to turn Beth... just seeing it from her side of things. But again I don't know much about Coraline. So maybe it wasn't deperation but just plain selfishness.... I mean she did change Mick without his consent.

I found it interesting though if I remember right that she had Beth for two days before Mick got to them. Why did she wait for Mick to arrive? She could have turned Beth as soon as she kidnapped her.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:13 PM
New Fan

Back then, what does a child have to do with Mick, really, nothing. Desperate to do what? Take a child? Make a family? BLAH. If thats what she wanted, Coraline is warped. Look at the cute Vamp family. Hah. Beth was just a child.

If it was out of pure hunger, I don't buy it. Surely a provocative vamp such as Coraline should be able to get any man she wants, and seduce him, or just go straight to the kill.

Why she went for Beth back then, is anyones guess. Is all I'm saying.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think it's too early to feel one way or the other about Coraline. We don't know exactly what happened and the reasons and motivations, etc. I'm hoping this episode will explain alot more.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM
New Fan

Facts are facts. She was going after Beth as a child, for whatever reason. I still don't like her for what she tried to do. Just pure speculation as to her motivation behind her actions. Fun to pick apart, at least it is for me. :-)

Last edited by BrokenArts; 11-09-2007 at 04:37 AM
Old 11-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't say I hate Coraline, but so far I got nothing but negative vibes from her Maybe we'll see her side of things, I don't know, but I don't think she'll ever be one of my favorites
Old 11-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

From the little I read, she's supposedly one of the older vampires, and she has, well, a vampire value system - she loves him, she wants him, she wants him with her forever, she wants to give him the 'gift' of vampire-hood, so she did it. To her it was a lovely wedding present, and I truly think she didn't see what was wrong with it - or think that she needed to consult her 'mere mortal' hubby about whether he wanted it or not - she is one of those self-centered people who wants what she wants and thinks everybody must be just like her. And she was probably very surprised that Mick took it so badly and so 'ungratefully' and was furious/hated her for it. Maybe she took baby Beth to try to please Mick, to appease him and show him they could still be a 'normal' family he wanted - even if they were vampires.

Looking forward to tonight! I kept getting so excited every time the promo came on for the show last night on TV!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Here is a clip from tonights episode... it may be spoilerish to some. I didn't find it spoilerish but I just thought I would put a warning. I know there are some here that don't mind being spoiled

YouTube - Mick and Beth NEW EXCLUSIVE PROMO-The ringer
Old 11-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I don't hate Coraline, but I don't agree with what she did. LIke mentioned above. We don't know the motivations behind her actions and I hope that's revealed soon!

Thanks for the link Sheree. Warning though it's a long promo, so it reveals a conversation.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for this, actually.

I just caught a promo clip and this should be more than interesting.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Melika (View Post)
I think we fear Coraline will do something to come between Mick and Beth and that's why we're not too excited to see her, yet we are...
Well, I'm sure that's part of my dislike... but I'm not crazy about the casting...

I heard they originally had cast Amber Valletta.... which may/may not be better, but I'll just have to deal w/ it
Old 11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the clip.........Mick was like, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, in the end. Like he'd seen a ghost.

Going through Youtube, I found this author, makes WONDERFUL videos! Enjoy.
(sorry for the sidetrack, these are great)

YouTube - Moonlight Music Video "Truly, Madly, Deeply"
Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok..I'm excited for Coraline/Morgan.

I'm watching this now..and I'm loving it!

Beth is cracking me up!

ETA - And I'm enjoying seeing Shannyn too
Old 11-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Astra - I had heard that about Amber, but prefer Shannyn. I'm glad they went with her.

Any reviews on tonight's episode? I've still got three hours until I see it.