Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Thank you for the wonderful Access Hollywood clip with Alex O! That was my take on it, that they slept in a fridge to 'keep fresh'.

And I suspect vamps all might be big drinkers, because alcohol preserves things too! LOL! I think, really, even vampires probably remain 'social drinkers' if they enjoyed it in life. It was how they could express how upset Mick was to kill Lola and that all those silvered vamps died, and he was shocked she was over 500 years old, and just what a waste that she'd been evil etc. (And was anybody else surprised that LA is simply CRAWLING with vampires? I had no idea they had such a big 'community')

I also agree I thought a young whippersnapper like him of 85 wouldn't have been able to defeat somebody with 500 years of vamp experience and way WAY more power than he had - don't know why she didn't wink out before falling in the silver bathwater - it's seems awfully convenient that he beats his opponents two weeks in a row because he got lucky and they slipped! Just a shade unbelievable but, well, we couldn't have had her defeat Mick and it be the last show of the series, either!!

I thought Jason D was sort of struggling with Josef in this one, expressing very restrained emotions and grief he had for Lola's death - it was a tricky part. He just seemed slightly off his game to me. (don't throw bricks at me! I think his character is great and he's a cutie!)

Fascinating that Beth kept the Black Crystal, just in case. Promising that she might try it again in the future! And Mick so obviously wanted her badly - she was mad hot sexy, who wouldn't, plus he's in love with her - but it was another instance of 'not like this' - he wouldn't take advantage of her when she was under the influence/not herself, because he's too much of a gentleman, and it would go against his code of behavior.

I like to think maybe there was a little kissing that went on upstairs before he dragged her into the cold shower! (and couldn't we have seen some of it?) And same with begging him to turn her - if it was her conscious choice at some point, when she wasn't drugged - who knows if he'd give in to her and the temptation to stay with her always. sigh! But he doesn't want to do to her, what Coraline did to him - he loves her the way she is, with her human qualities. Even if it means she will die and he will live on without her forever (that is, if he doesn't get his head chopped off or burnt up anywhere along the way!)

It's a good point that they are immortal, but they are not invincible - they can be killed (the rest of the way).

I like the attention to detail in this show, that Beth asked about Mick's big silver ring, and he said it's (white) gold. Aha! Contradiction explained.

Loved the wakeup call in the opening too! What a guy!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Great review MyrnaLynne!

I like your reasoning for the alcohol. It makes perfect sense!

I like too that Beth kept the Black Crystal. I wonder if it will come into play later or be forgotten about.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really hope they don't ignore the Black Crystal, if she kept it is has to be for a reason! Maybe Josh will find it?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well I think she put it in her underwear drawer. So if josh finds it, he'll have some explaining to do..lol
Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Josh: You kept the drug!
Beth: Hey, where'd you find that?
Josh: ...in your underwear drawer!
Beth: Why were you looking through my underwear drawer, Josh?
Josh: I...got curious! Hey, don't turn this around on me!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

I can so see that happening!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM
New Fan

If anybody's interested, I posted a fic over on the fanfic page about Mick and Josef talking in the aftermath of this episode...it's called "Denial Aint Only A River In Egypt,.,."
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

B.C. is the #11 most purchased TV show episode on iTunes!! If everyone would go buy it, we could get it in the Top 10. It's a VERY rewatchable episode too. There are 3 episodes in the Top 100...B.C., Arrested Development (#41) and Fever (#89).
Old 11-06-2007, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That is so cool
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrnaLynne (View Post)
I also agree I thought a young whippersnapper like him of 85 wouldn't have been able to defeat somebody with 500 years of vamp experience and way WAY more power than he had - don't know why she didn't wink out before falling in the silver bathwater - it's seems awfully convenient that he beats his opponents two weeks in a row because he got lucky and they slipped! ..............
I also was thinking that it was awfully 'neat' and nice as to how that ended... I almost think it would've been better if she had escaped and he'd still blown up the building... *shrug*

Quote:
I like to think maybe there was a little kissing that went on upstairs before he dragged her into the cold shower!
You and me both! Any fics addressing this out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindyrb (View Post)
If anybody's interested, I posted a fic over on the fanfic page about Mick and Josef talking in the aftermath of this episode...it's called "Denial Aint Only A River In Egypt,.,."
Thanks for letting us know... I'll try to check that out today... I've got several various fics waiting in my 'to read' pile
Old 11-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

I checked iTunes yesterday, and in the Top 10 in SciFi they were all either episodes of Moonlight or Blood Ties! LOL! Vamps rule!

Still working up nerve to download the episode(s) I missed - haven't done that stuff yet.

Yes, I hope there is a juicy plotline in the future involving Beth dabbling once again in the Black Crystal! LOL, and Mick thinking "Oh, no again!"

This show just begs for fanfics, doesn't it?
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Loved loved loved this episode so much. I was sad when it ended. I wanted it to go on and on and on.

Beth/Mick *swoon*
Josef/Mick <3
Josef *love*

And let's hope that Black Crystal shows up again and Beth is able to lure Mick.

Last edited by naceprettub; 11-06-2007 at 08:36 AM
Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi everyone! I'm new here so hope you don't mind me jumping in on your discussion. I LOVED this ep too. That shower scene was just "sizzling"! The chemistry between those two is undeniable! This has become the tv show I won't miss!

Myrnalynne: To me, it's nice to know that Josef actually has some
[much denied] humanity in him - and wasn't it classy
of Mick to pretend not to notice?

Although Josef isn't around a lot, even here, it strikes
me as cool that the writers are slowly giving Jason
Dohring a wider range to play with, emotionally. He
can certainly deliver the goods. I love him in this part!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Extreme Fan

^^ ditto that. I was really glad to see more of Josef in this episode. They definitely need to showcase Jason more.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by naceprettub (View Post)
Beth/Mick *swoon*
Josef/Mick <3
Josef *love*
That pretty much sums it up