Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

♫ Moonlight Music #1: Because now she's bound by the life he left behind

IMPORTANT THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Jerry and the management team have been working to come up with guidelines/rules for the Music threads on Fan Forum that will allow them to keep flourishing. These rules are effectively immediately.

If you have any questions about these rules, you can contact the Moonlight moderators, any member of the management team or even Jerry himself.

Thanks for your cooperation!

The Guidelines/Rules:
Quote:
1. Link all uploads with hxxp instead of http to services like YSI, Megaupload, Sendspace etc. in order to prevent direct linking.

2. Keep all specific requests Moonlight-related. (Example Moonlight-related request: "I'm requesting All the World by Fauxliage featured in 1x03").

3. The main purpose of this thread is for music discussion and discovery. When recommending, please try to post a link to the artists' myspace and website.

4. Have fun! There's no limit to the greatness of music.
(Note: There is also Purevolume, Garageband, and PLENTY of places that sample music like MTV & Amazon (free downloads!), Itunes, and various music blogs. Those can be linked as well. We'll try to compile a list for thread members)

How did My Immortal by Evanescence worked for you in the last scene of the pilot?

Last edited by ~Susan~; 02-14-2009 at 02:58 PM
Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved it,Pav. Both the episode and the addition of Aimee Lee at the end. And yes as predictable as it may have been, it was perfect just the same.

There's a lot of negative vibes out there in cyberland, people claiming that the show is copying Angel. Maybe those naysayers should know what they're talking about. David Greenwalt was also Angel's executive producer. uhh, duh.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread Pav.

I liked it. It worked for me.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

I did not like using Evanescence at all. I didn't really like the song back when it was out.

I suppose the sentiment was there, but I'm sure there could have been something else to use.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I guess it was predictable, but it worked for me, too. I like Evanescence, and yes, it was like the obvious choice, perhaps it would work better if the song wasn't so well-known. Either way, I certainly didn't mind such a scene/song combination.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I did not like using Evanescence at all.
From what I've read online alot of people hated the song choice.

I'm an Evanescene fan so it didn't bug me.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I know most people I talked to about the show outside of didn't like the choice, but I guess that's bound to happen.

I just hope that the budget for the show means good music overall.

I'm not feeling the Celine song in the promo, either.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Addicted Fan

I just feel the song has been overused and played out. I would have appreciated something new and fitting.

Stef
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't have a problems with it at all. I fitted the mood, in my opinion. And I like the song
Old 10-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have to say I really didn't like it. I'm not an Evanescence fan at all though. I think they should have used something less objectionable by mass amounts of people, epecially in the first episode. Going with a song that everyone's heard many many times and already has an engrained opinion of, good or bad, probably wan't a great choice. A lesser known song probably would've worked better, imo.

icon credit- rockin_graphix Thanks!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I just hope that the budget for the show means good music overall.
I hope so too.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

i thought it was used nicely
but i really hope that the big budget doesnt mean excessive songs that are just there coz everyone knows them
it would be nice if other artists who arent necessarily on the charts are used too
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic4life (View Post)
I just feel the song has been overused and played out. I would have appreciated something new and fitting.
True and I'm saying this as a big Evanescence fan. They could have used something more subtle IMO.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I see your point, guys. They totally could have gone for something more thoughtful.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Aww...Pav, that's sweet. I hope that the music gets better, that's for sure.