Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
T7S retconned quite a bit, unfortunately. But at least Hyde having a different biological father was in the realm of possibility.

I wonder what would've happened if Jackie had been the one to learn she had a different biological dad. Maybe it would depend on the season that happened. *goes further into soap opera territory*
What else did they retcon?

I wonder that too
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Now that is an interesting concept.
I think Eric would might be insensitive about it, which might put a temporary rift between him and Hyde (and him and Donna). Hyde, I hope, would respond better than he initially did to her dad going to prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What else did they retcon?
Oh, man. Well, this isn't a retcon so much as a, "We don't want to deal with the story we wrote, so we won't." But in season 6, Hyde's infidelity is never mentioned at all. Jackie and Hyde's split is treated as if Jackie and Hyde broke up for generic reasons -- and even puts the emphasis on Jackie, as if she had any real responsibility in them being apart.

Since the other retcons aren't Jackie/Hyde focused, I've posted about them here: It's Been A Long, Strange Trip (General Discussion Thread) #9
me!
MistyMountainHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
I think Eric would might be insensitive about it, which might put a temporary rift between him and Hyde (and him and Donna). Hyde, I hope, would respond better than he initially did to her dad going to prison

Oh, man. Well, this isn't a retcon so much as a, "We don't want to deal with the story we wrote, so we won't." But in season 6, Hyde's infidelity is never mentioned at all. Jackie and Hyde's split is treated as if Jackie and Hyde broke up for generic reasons -- and even puts the emphasis on Jackie, as if she had any real responsibility in them being apart.

Since the other retcons aren't Jackie/Hyde focused, I've posted about them here: It's Been A Long, Strange Trip (General Discussion Thread) #9
Thanks for that
Old 11-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Thanks for that
You're welcome!

I would've loved to see a deeper storyline in season 6 when Pam came back to town. Getting into Hyde's childhood -- not to co-op what Jackie's going through but to show them connecting through their shared trauma. Real!Hyde would be supportive without complaint (about Jackie, at least) instead of the reluctant support he gives her in the show.
me!
Old 11-10-2019, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that would have great to see instead of what we got
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

I also would've liked to see another Thanksgiving with Jackie and Hyde -- maybe in season 3, an ep that would've given us an epilogue to "Jackie Bags Hyde" (3x08) and maybe, just maybe, hinted at the future (but that would've taken different showrunners during that time of the series).
me!
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top