Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2018, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Of course now I want a cheeseburger.
Oh, no.

---

How do you think Jackie and Hyde's marriage dynamic would be when they were in their forties?
Old 03-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think by then they would be comfortably settled into a routine, and gotten used to each other's weird quirks by then.
I am an original”
Old 03-21-2018, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you think they'd develop a shorthand during their fights? Like, they know the three or four topics they tend to fight about and wouldn't even need to talk at length about it once they realize what they're arguing about? Just use a few key words or sentences to resolve it?
Old 03-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can see that being the case. I am sure after awhile they would know which buttons to push and which buttons not to push.
I am an original”
Old 03-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can see that being the case. I am sure after awhile they would know which buttons to push and which buttons not to push.
I hope they'd be able to resolve their issues by discussing them more than with heated arguments -- and definitely no passive-aggressive moves. Being passive-aggressive hasn't done either of them any good.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can see them always working it out. Sure their might be some arguments, what good couple doesn't have them. At the end of the day, as long as they love each other, they would make it work.
I am an original”
Old 03-30-2018, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can see them always working it out. Sure their might be some arguments, what good couple doesn't have them. At the end of the day, as long as they love each other, they would make it work.
Aww! That could be in their wedding vows.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:51 PM
New Fan

Hey, please add me to Zennie list.

On-topic: I also think Jackie could learn to cook eventually. Most people who struggle with it do so because of impatience or getting distracted. Even in-show and despite the fact that it's mostly for laughs, that's what is shown being the likely core of her issue (her wandering off to use the phone, etc.). When she's really dedicated, she does manage to make something a lot better than her first baking attempt; the cookies are rock hard but not baked to a crisp like her pies were. Baking is also a lot trickier than just cooking is, because the slightest adjustment to the recipe changes the whole product on a chemical level whereas even if you fudge ingredient amounts or throw random things in when cooking, it may not taste right but it will still be edible unless you do something REALLY off the mark. So yeah I think she'd be able to learn eventually with help from people like Kitti and Hyde. I think especially Hyde would be good at keeping her from getting too frustrated.

The girl's already shown she has patience and willpower in spades when she wants to. If she wants to learn to cook, she can. She'll probably never be Kitty Forman, but I can see Jackie learning to be a decent cook before I can see, say, Donna doing it (Chicken Pinciotti made ME ill just watching that, and Donna thinks her cooking is fine).

EDIT: Oops, late reply, topic changed XD
Old 03-31-2018, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Aww! That could be in their wedding vows.
That could be. I can see them adding some humor in their wedding vows, or Hyde adding a music reference or something.
I am an original”
Old 04-01-2018, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That could be. I can see them adding some humor in their wedding vows, or Hyde adding a music reference or something.
I could definitely see Hyde, who's uncomfortable expression too much emotion, put humor in his vows as a defense mechanism. I just hope he'd do it ... with good judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelDave (View Post)
Hey, please add me to Zennie list.
Added.

Quote:
On-topic: I also think Jackie could learn to cook eventually. Most people who struggle with it do so because of impatience or getting distracted. Even in-show and despite the fact that it's mostly for laughs, that's what is shown being the likely core of her issue (her wandering off to use the phone, etc.). When she's really dedicated, she does manage to make something a lot better than her first/
That's true, and I think -- taking the need for humor/punchlines out of her characterization -- she could've become a fine cook and/or baker.

Quote:
Baking is also a lot trickier than just cooking is, because the slightest adjustment to the recipe changes the whole product on a chemical level whereas even if you fudge ingredient amounts or throw random things in when cooking, it may not taste right but it will still be edible unless you do something REALLY off the mark.
As the saying goes, cooking is an art; baking is a science.

Quote:
I can see Jackie learning to be a decent cook before I can see, say, Donna doing it (Chicken Pinciotti made ME ill just watching that, and Donna thinks her cooking is fine).
Yeah, at least Jackie recognizes her baking/cooking mistakes. Of course, they're hard to miss.

Quote:
EDIT: Oops, late reply, topic changed XD
No problem! It's never too late to discuss any J/H-related topic in these threads.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Hyde would know (hopefully) to keep his wedding vows tasteful. I can see him and Jackie though adding their own special flare I guess to them.
I am an original”
Old 04-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Hyde would know (hopefully) to keep his wedding vows tasteful. I can see him and Jackie though adding their own special flare I guess to them.
I wonder if Hyde would save a part of his vows to tell Jackie in private.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can see Hyde doing something like that.
I am an original”
Old 04-03-2018, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And, of course, that would be the part of the vows we'd want to hear.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
And, of course, that would be the part of the vows we'd want to hear.
Well it's pretty well established that they say all kinds of mushy stuff off-screen. Hyde even has an embarrassing nickname for Jackie that we don't get to hear.

So yeah, I bet he has a part of his vows that he saves for later when it's just between them.