Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
And the show even hints at cute moments between the two of them, like when Jackie gives Hyde a valentine that says, "Be Mine," and he says yes. That would've been a nice scene to see.
I always wanted to see that scene too!
I am an original”
Old 09-23-2018, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would've been like the pudding pop reveal scene. Giving us a glimpse into how Jackie and Hyde are with each other in private -- when they're happy, that is, and not just making out. We saw plenty of them in private when they were fighting.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

The pudding pop scene, I always wanted to know how that came to be.
I am an original”
Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
The pudding pop scene, I always wanted to know how that came to be.
Yeah. Hyde probably was two-headed about it: hating the name because it's so cutesy but loving it because Jackie's the one calling him that.

I really don't believe he'd call her something equally saccharine, though. That line from Jackie in the circle in "Magic Bus" (6x03) was written just for laughs, not out of any consideration for/understanding of (Hyde's) characterization. He'd call her something meaningful, likely a name that fits her sensibility as little as pudding pop does Hyde -- but she'd love it because of what it means that Hyde's calling her that.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can see that too. I often play around with what nicknames Hyde could have given her in my head.
I am an original”
Old 09-25-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can see that too. I often play around with what nicknames Hyde could have given her in my head.
I wonder how he would fall into calling her a pet name. Like, when was the first time something like that came out of his mouth? Would it surprise him? Would he try to pretend like he didn't say it? Or maybe the name wouldn't register for Jackie because it's so un-pet-name-like for anyone who isn't Hyde.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bet it would just slip out...then he would try to deny he said it, and eventually would give it to admitting he said it seeing how happy it made Jackie.
I am an original”
Old 09-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I bet it would just slip out...then he would try to deny he said it, and eventually would give it to admitting he said it seeing how happy it made Jackie.
And he would probably think, "Well, that's that. She's got a pet name now. I'm officially a freakin' romantic."
Old 09-26-2018, 03:38 AM
New Fan

Hi everyone!

Sorry for barging in on your conversation, but I recently started watching the show again as I really loved it back in the day and watching it again, I was reminded of this fanfic called November Rain which I read like 10 years ago (can't believe it was so long ago). However, I couldn't find it anymore, so I wanted to ask if any of you know if it's still available to read somewhere. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsxx (View Post)
Hi everyone!

Sorry for barging in on your conversation, but I recently started watching the show again as I really loved it back in the day and watching it again, I was reminded of this fanfic called November Rain which I read like 10 years ago (can't believe it was so long ago). However, I couldn't find it anymore, so I wanted to ask if any of you know if it's still available to read somewhere. Thanks in advance!
Sent you a PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Sent you a PM.
Hi MistyMountainHop, thanks for your reply!

Also, just wanted to add that now that I'm watching the show again, I do not plan on watching the last season, but was wondering if any of you have watched S8 more than once and did it give you a new perspective on it?

Last edited by helloitsxx; 09-26-2018 at 10:52 AM
Old 09-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Hi. I'm the author of November Rain. I get a lot of requests for it so I reposted it today on fanfiction.net for anyone interested.

NOVEMBER RAIN

Thanks.

Last edited by luvcali76; 09-26-2018 at 06:40 PM
Old 09-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa, I agree. I can hear Hyde saying that out loud, or saying it to himself.

helloitsxx I only watched season 8 once, and I admit I could not make it all the way through. Nothing about it is redeeming for me. The only thing I liked was the last like 10 seconds when they were counting down to the new year and the license plate flashed to 1980, I thought that was kind of cool.

Thanks for letting us know you reposted the story luvcali76!
I am an original”

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 09-27-2018 at 06:12 AM Reason: Merged accidental double post.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
Hi. I'm the author of November Rain. I get a lot of requests for it so I reposted it today on fanfiction.net for anyone interested.

NOVEMBER RAIN

Thanks.
Michelle, a lot of people are going to be very happy about that.

Quote:
Also, just wanted to add that now that I'm watching the show again, I do not plan on watching the last season, but was wondering if any of you have watched S8 more than once and did it give you a new perspective on it?
I -- not intentionally -- ended up watching a few episodes more than once. I also read through the transcripts (didn't make it through all of them yet () to do some metas/analyses about the season. But, really, the bottom line is that season 8's characterization is so far removed from the show's previous seven years that it's not recognizable as the same show. Not to mention how much more mean-spirited, sexist, and unfunny the so-called humor is.

Colleen, maybe Hyde would sweat Jackie to secrecy about what he calls her in private.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:02 PM
New Fan

Msstock87, I liked the last few seconds of the show too, thought it was a nice way to end it. But I guess it says a lot that only the very end of the season was something that stood out positively.

MistyMountainHop, I totally agree with your thoughts about S8

luvcali76, that's nice of you to post it again

Last edited by helloitsxx; 09-27-2018 at 12:10 PM