Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
What if he grew a ZZ Top beard?
He might as well wear butt chaps too! Every time I picture him with that beard, I picture him in that episode of Eric' Christmas ghost. *shudders*

I have a S8 question and I'm sorry to ask this dumb question. Did Hyde ever mention or allude to he loves the stripper? Or has Jackie been the only girl he's spoken that word to?
Old 12-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I have no idea what AK would say. But MK doesn't seem to remember the early seasons of the show too well. In a relatively recent interview, she spoke about how Ashton took her to Prom on the show (in other words, Kelso took Jackie to prom) -- which is wrong. Hyde takes Jackie to Prom in S1 and gets her and Kelso back together at it.

Of course, MK could've been referring to Kelso taking Jackie to Snow Prom in season 4, but I doubt it. I also don't expect her to remember. It's us fans who get obsessed with the show's details, not the actors. They did a job. Once they're done, they're done and (hopefully) move on.

The first half of S1 is okay. But the second half is much better. DM's character goes from being a sarcastic version of perv!Fez (Rooster is so skeevy it makes him almost unlikable) with very little subtext to a fully-realized character with depth, and his pervertedness is curbed to being tolerable and somewhat funny rather than completely creepy. Once DM's character gets a real storyline, the show becomes something more than a typical, "Will Character A end up romantically with Character B?" kind of show. It becomes interesting.

Totally understand that.

Yeah, a lot of fans dig the beard. I prefer seeing Hyde's face. Plus, while beards may be nice to look at (if one is into them), they're not always fun to kiss. Hence, why DM shaved his beard off. It gave MK a rash on her face from all their kissing scenes.

Maybe D/E or J/H have you as their kid!

Agreed.
Since she was 14 at the time, I can't say I'm too surprised. I don't remember much from my younger teen years either, and maybe for good reason, lol. Yep, I finished rewatching that ep not too long ago! Maybe she remembers it that way because Jackie and Kelso had that solo dance at the end. Either way, I always find it funny how hardcore fans quiz actors on the nit-pickiest things, and then they get this "help me" look on their face cuz they don't know how to respond. I remember for a Dark Shadows con (1960s gothic soap opera), someone pointed out to the one actress how in episode *insert number here* she was wearing a dress in one timeline, but it was improbable because of what happened in the present, and she had this deer in the headlights look, cuz wow. That show was on in the 60's/early 70's, for starters, and two, they had over 1,000 episodes and it filmed live 5 days a week. There's no way they're going to remember everything, but it's always fun to quiz them.

I wondered! I mean, Netflix has some great shows, and because of DM and AK I WANTED to give it a chance, but I'm also lazy and my connection is awful, so I've been putting it off. I was thinking of jumping in and just watching WM's eps to see if it improved at all.

It's funny, because I'd honestly forgotten about the beard, so it clearly didn't affect me one way or the other. Like, I remember him shaving it for Jackie, but I can't really picture it outside of that episode. Poor Mila, though!

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram
Old 12-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrosalie1 (View Post)

He might as well wear butt chaps too! Every time I picture him with that beard, I picture him in that episode of Eric' Christmas ghost. *shudders*
Yeah, that's where I took the reference from. "It's a Wonderful Life" (4x01).

Quote:
I have a S8 question and I'm sorry to ask this dumb question. Did Hyde ever mention or allude to he loves the stripper? Or has Jackie been the only girl he's spoken that word to?
Short answer: Hyde doesn't say, "I love you," to Sam.

Longer answer: The writers try to put Hyde's love for Sam in the subtext.

The last episode with Sam in it steals from "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" (5x14):

SAM: Hyde, for what it’s worth, I don’t love Larry [my legal husband]. I love you.
HYDE: Oh, great. You love me more then you love your grandfather.

That scene is similar to J/H's fight about her feelings for Kelso vs. her feelings for Hyde.

Hyde and Sam's last scene together:

SAM: Hyde, I'm really sorry how things worked out.
HYDE: Yeah, me too. But I like to think if our paths ever cross again that I'll be able to give you twenty dollars, and you'll be able to dance for me, and it wouldn't be awkward.

The episode also steals from "On with the Show" (7x16) and "Take It or Leave It" (7x23) in the following scene between Hyde and Donna:

DONNA: Well, all I know is, she makes you happy. And the only other time I've seen such a big smile on your face was when you got Fez and Kelso to smash their heads together when you threw a peanut on the floor.
HYDE: It's a tough decision, man. I'm gonna let the [basket] ball decide. If I make the shot, I stay with Sam. If I miss, I say goodbye.

In this same episode, Jackie and Fez's romantic story arc starts. Not a coincidence. The showrunners didn't want fans to think now that Hyde is single again, he and Jackie can repair their relationship. They had to show she was no longer available (because she'd developed romantic feelings for Fez).

S8 really is like a badly written fanfic that puts Hyde with an OC. The writers couldn't even come up with anything original for Hyde and Sam. They had to steal from his story arcs with Jackie.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

zenmasters central

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram
Old 12-16-2016, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love that tumblr!

Ughh season 8, just needs to die.
I am an original”
Old 12-16-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link, Kendra!

Colleen, I know. It's terrible.

To cleanse the palate:

Old 12-16-2016, 01:08 PM
New Fan

Thank you MistyMountainHop for the information! Oh goodness, that is pretty lame that the writers couldn't come up with lines. Ugh, it's sad really.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the cleansing Lisa.
I am an original”
Old 12-17-2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you MistyMountainHop for the information! Oh goodness, that is pretty lame that the writers couldn't come up with lines. Ugh, it's sad really.
You're welcome! It really is lame. Not only does S8 make the characters behave against their own natures, but it steals from earlier in-character episodes in order to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Thanks for the cleansing Lisa.
You're welcome!

---

So what kind of gifts do you think Jackie and Hyde exchanged on Christmas?
Old 12-17-2016, 05:36 PM
New Fan

Quote:
So what kind of gifts do you think Jackie and Hyde exchanged on Christmas?
Ideally? Wedding vows

But really i think Hyde would've gotten her something really sentimental (kind of like he did with the shirt or even Donna's gift in the first season). As for Jackie well I got nothing...
Old 12-18-2016, 12:05 AM
New Fan

I think Hyde would probably give Jackie his evil eye ring that's usually on his pinkie as a promise ring because it's his favorite and he wanted her to have it. Jackie would get Hyde the stereo that he didn't end up getting at the car show because of the whole funnel cake fiasco with Kitty and Red lol!

Last edited by Redrosalie1; 12-18-2016 at 03:15 AM
Old 12-18-2016, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialgamora (View Post)
Ideally? Wedding vows
While I absolutely support them exchanging wedding vows, I feel like it'd be a little bit too cheesy for these two. Might just be me, though.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ideally? Wedding vows
Clever play on words! . If only.

Quote:
But really i think Hyde would've gotten her something really sentimental (kind of like he did with the shirt or even Donna's gift in the first season).
Yeah, Hyde really does put thought into his gifts. He doesn't have a lot of money (at least before S7), but his gifts from the heart are worth so much more.

Quote:
I think Hyde would probably give Jackie his evil eye ring that's usually on his pinkie as a promise ring because it's his favorite and he wanted her to have it.
I like the trope of Hyde giving Jackie his eyeball ring. I, among others, have written that into a fanfic.

Quote:
Jackie would get Hyde the stereo that he didn't end up getting at the car show because of the whole funnel cake fiasco with Kitty and Red lol!
Ooh, nice! Yeah, he didn't end up getting anything at the car show, did he? No new tires, either.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wedding vows would be nice. I can see Hyde giving Jackie something important to him like his eyeball ring or maybe an album that means a lot to him.
I am an original”
Old 12-19-2016, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Or how about Hyde agreeing to do something with Jackie she's always wanted him to do, like those ballroom dancing lessons. That could be considered a gift; although Hyde would be miserable during those lessons, so maybe not so much of a gift, after all.